Unlocking Allied Races on opposite faction

One thing I'm curious about is whether you can unlock the races fire the opposite faction... At least for the first four. Currently I only have one level 110. We don't know how the unlock will happen but most assume it will be via rep or after completing their quest line in Legion. The thing is both of those are available to both factions. Alliance gets rep and quests with Highmountain and Nightborn just as much as Horde does. The same is true for Alleria's quests and the Lightborn. Hopefully it will work for both as I really don't want to have to level a Horde character all the way through Suramar again.

Also, I know nobody knows yet. I'm just curious for thoughts.

You don't get to welcome the Nightborne into the Horde without helping them as a Horde character.

I feel it would make the most sense for an actual character of the Horde/Alliance to have completed the requirements.

It could end up being a case of "You have this particular achievement? Then just bring a Horde/Alliance character to the embassy and you're good to go!" so that you can just bring a newly leveled 110 over there to recruit Highmountain even though you earned Exalted with them on an Alliance character.

Either one would be fine with me. I don't mind actually having to do stuff on an Alliance character if I really want to play an Allied Race.
    Besides, Zandalari and Dark Iron are supposed to be behind faction-specific questlines, thus making it seem more likely to me that you'll have to actively complete the requirements on the given faction character.

Also, considering this mentions both the questing achievement and having Exalted, but not in achievement form, it seems even more likely that work needs to be done on both sides.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=...k-requirements
    Last edited by Wishblade; 2017-12-19 at 06:37 AM.

I highly doubt horde characters can pick up the quest to get Void elves and Lightforged since those quests are from KING ANDUIN it the STORMWIND EMBASSY.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    I highly doubt horde characters can pick up the quest to get Void elves and Lightforged since those quests are from KING ANDUIN it the STORMWIND EMBASSY.
    Well that speaks for itself but for the sake of convenience, requirements could be account-wide so that when you do reach 110 on a Horde or Alliance character, you could go straight to unlocking the Allied Races.

Still doubt that'll happen though.