Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its always fun to listen to people who don't raid Mythic talk about how easy it is.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Normal and heroic are way easier. In some ways mythic is too for 1 reason. They have removed almost all of the 1 mess up you all die mechanics that ToS and NH were littered with. Because of that you don't need the stars to align on a pull to get your progression kill.
    I also think that, because raiders were conditioned by those types of mechanics in NH and ToS, the current Raiding player base has increased in skill as a whole. I've discovered that even newer recruits are picking up raid mechanics much quicker than recruits from the beginning of ToS.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by AQ40 View Post
    Nope, it took raids in the past to clear is more slowly, but nearly all are at the last boss.
    What mythic boss are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    No they are really not. Most of casual pugs clear normal and heroic on day one.
    Evidence of this?

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    My guild cleared Heroic Antorus this week; it took us a month to clear Heroic ToS, with a couple of nights specifically dedicated to KJ. I can't speak for Mythic, as my guild hasn't tried it yet, but the raid is, clearly, easier than ToS.
    So far only done normal, my bunch run a small social progression guild, we've only chilled out and done Normal last week as a full clear, two nights. This week we got the whole place down in a 3 and a half hour session.

The people who I've got now were part of another guild and normal ToS took them weeks to get down. While I appreciate theres a gap between hc and normal we're also seeing the same, its defo easier than tos

Deleted
    It is easier.. but mostly because the one shit shit is gone. Coven is still pretty hard though.

7+ Year Old Account
    The guilds who go for world first do multiple split runs, practise on the PTR constantly and are generally considered the best players in the game.

Sure, Antorus might look a bit undertuned, but these guilds have experience and a shit load of gear to get them through it as quick as possible.

For every other guild who didn't do the above, they are more than likely not even close to being the same progress.

Aside from that, this raids theme is all about dodging and personal responsibility which is far less punishing to the entire group if one person messes up, unlike ToS which was soaking and 0 chances + wipe mechanics.

Never seen so fast a top guild clear this raid in like hours. Reminds me pretty much of Nightmare raid, which is known for being undertuned.
    Dont let them play in betas and ptr and then we will see IF they will down so fast mythics

Nope, it took raids in the past to clear is more slowly, but nearly all are at the last boss.
    Guilds are doing more split runs than ever before, blizzard can't balance around that a ton of top raiders have a bunch of their BIS heroic gear before they ever step foot in Mythic. I think they should remove the Titanforge mechanic too those guilds are almost full titanforged gear from the previous teir going into these new raids. You didnt have this back in the day so its hard to compare.

Obviously Blizz should overtune their raids on purpose to make the "world first" race more exciting. Every week they can nerf 1 boss to make it beatable by the top 2-3 guilds in the world. After 3 months they can fix the new "pre-thun" and after 6 months, they can nerf them just enough that the top 100 guilds can beat the raid.

Never seen so fast a top guild clear this raid in like hours. Reminds me pretty much of Nightmare raid, which is known for being undertuned.
    LOL - always look forward to the first 'something 0.01% of people have done is casual and too easy" thread

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Antorus: The Burning Throne. Raid, or the morning after hot wings?

On the one hand, we (my guild) is moving faster on Mythic Antorus than EN/NH/ToS (3/11M after 2 days of raiding)

On the other hand, the first bosses are never difficult so its moot. We didn't even get Edge last tier despite getting to KJ with plenty of time.

You can't call a whole difficulty setting casual just because the first 2 bosses are easy.
    Be consistent. People didn't call Firelands HC casual because Shannox was relatively simple. They called it difficult because Rag was a monster and Domo was a hard check.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a thing we're doing? Are we really pretending this level of gear inflation is anything that hasn't been happening since Vanilla? In Vanilla if you had just Molten Core gear and decently itemized blues pretty much everything outside of raids was completely trivial. With Vanilla raid gear BC leveling as completely trivial. The only difference is that now there is catch-up gear (as of BC and beyond) so that not only a few % of the players have some form of gear progression.

Let's leave the 0.01% comments please, we don't know the actual numbers.

Again, I don't really know anyone who plays WoW that doesn't raid (or doesn't want to). Maybe they are subscribed but not log in at all. I have exactly one friend who is a pet-battle fanatic, and doesn't raid, but he wants to just cannot commit to a fixed schedule - still clears heroic a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    No, this is just a knee-jerk reaction to the "Overtuned" "Non-fun" Tomb of Sargeras.

Its Blizzard being Blizzard, they can never find a middle ground, which is mostly irrelevant, i still dont understand why people whine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    The problem is the gear. Back in the day in order to kill boss 5 you needed gear from boss 1-4, to kill boss 11 you needed gear from boss 1-10. It was an actual progression that took time, today you can get the gear you need from other sources or even go in with the gear you got from the previous tier and clear the whole thing, which isn't satisfying no matter if you're a normal, heroic or mythic raider.

If I have BiS from Nighthold heroic that should only get me a couple of bosses in to Tomb of Sargeras heroic and it should take a couple of resets in order to progress further.
    Spot on guys, I think you both nailed it!

Deleted
    Do you have a problem to count??? 3 (!) Guilds are at the last boss, how is "3 = nearly all"?????

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Let's leave the 0.01% comments please, we don't know the actual numbers.

Again, I don't really know anyone who plays WoW that doesn't raid (or doesn't want to). Maybe they are subscribed but not log in at all. I have exactly one friend who is a pet-battle fanatic, and doesn't raid, but he wants to just cannot commit to a fixed schedule - still clears heroic a few times.
    Well considering you can go to wow progress and roughly 2800 guilds are 11/11H but only 37 are over 6/11M that's already .013% so if you wanna guess the real number it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay smaller.

All the people saying how Antorus mythic is gonna be a joke are gonna be the guilds stuck at 3/11m or whatever the equivalent of only killing 3/9 tos or 3/10 NH is - a bunch of shitters who think they are mythic raiders because they can clear the first few easy bosses.

there were plenty of guilds who never even killed 7/7M EN yet still talk about how much of a joke EN was

15+ Year Old Account
    The guilds clearing the content this fast are both over-geared compared to what was intended to begin the mythic tier and have an army of alts to bring in for the best setups on every single boss. Did you watch the mythic Coven video? They had 2 boomkins, 2 shadow priests, 2 hunters, and 4-5 warlocks. I can guarantee that comp wasn’t used for every other fight, but its damn near perfect for the fight they were doing in the video. Method probably has 100+ toons that can be brought in at a moments notice to try whatever comp they come up with.