Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Horde get two brand NEW Races

When will Alliance get 2 brand new races?

Edit: Changed Classes to Races
    Last edited by Rekz; 2017-12-10 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    When will Alliance get 2 brand new classes?
    What...?

There are no new classes in BfA, and there has never been TWO of them...

Edit: The OP sentiment is still dumb. Both factions get 3 races each to begin with, all based on already existing races. But by all means, keep the "waah faction favoritism!!"-train going.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-12-10 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    When will Alliance get 2 brand new classes?
    Huh? I think you're confused about something. There will be NO new classes introduced in Battle of Azeroth, for either side.

They got 3, as did Horde.

cows with new horn options and a reskinned night elf are new, but purple blood elves and dark dwarves arent?

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    cows with new horn options and a reskinned night elf are new, but purple blood elves and dark dwarves arent?
    That is not a reskinned night elf. Wish it was it, but no. It is a much thinner night elf which sucks. I wanna be a buffed nightborne.

7+ Year Old Account
    what?
    both factions are getting 3 new subraces...
    what the fuck are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    To be fair, when you are in armor there is very, very little difference between a Dark Iron or LF Draenei and a regular dwarf or regular Draenei. In fact, with a helm on, I think the only difference between LF and regular Draenei is that they have some gold on their hooves. Dark Iron just have glowing eyes.

Even fully armored with helm, the HM Tauren have extremely visually striking antlers (they are the biggest thing to stand out on that entire model) and even when fully armored with helm, the Zandalari have a completely unique profile and look to them due to the standing straight.

In other words, (ignoring both VE and NB since they are just faction swapped alternates), you would have to look pretty closely at a character to tell a Dark Iron from a Dwarf, and a LF from an Exodar Draenei. Zandalari and HM Tauren are both immediately recognizable as being Zandalari and HM Tauren.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Horde gets an elf/troll/tauren variant.

Alliance gets an elf/dwarf/draenei variant.

Pretty even if you ask me.

All 6 races will have new racials, so it's not just looks.

I think he's talking about how horde are getting 2 very different allied races that look very different from any other race in the game, while the Alliance gets what is basically reskins.

Honestly, I kind of see it. Lightforged just seems kind of meh to me.

All the “Horde gets this and Alliance gets that, it’s not faaaaiiiir!” whining is really getting old. Not everything has to be exactly equal. Life isn’t fair.

We all got new stuff I'm happy but I'd have to agree Alliance options aren't as cool and unique.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I think what he's referring to is the disparity in the creative labor put into each of the races. Nightborne are a new model overtop of an old skeleton, just as Zandalari are. Meanwhile Void Elves are very similar to blood elves aesthetically (skintone, eyeglow, hair are the differences) Lightforged and Dark Iron are similar much more similar to their inspired races than their Horde counterparts.
    But from what we can see from the datamining, at this point in time Void Elves have a lot more options (more hairstyles, haircolor, skincolor and faces too) compare to all the other who basically have 3 or 4 and that's it. So in the end did they really put more effort into Nightborne compare to VE ?

I'd imagine there will be more but for the sake of arguing Nightborne have awesome tattoos and metal plated ears.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    All the “Horde gets this and Alliance gets that, it’s not faaaaiiiir!” whining is really getting old. Not everything has to be exactly equal. Life isn’t fair.
    No, but when the only reason Horde even got Nightborne is to balance out Alliance getting the "High Elves" that were continually requested for fairness, it's kinda shitty that the Alliance then get the shorter end of the stick.

Honestly, if we were going by how things should have actually been done rather than "fair": They should have given the Horde Zandalari (what they wanted) and Ogres (what they want most of all) and then just made HM/Taunka, Upright Orcs and Mag'har new customization options for those existing races. And then given Alliance their High Elves (what they wanted), Broken, and LF/Nightborne/Dark Iron customization options for those existing races.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoux View Post
    I wanna be a buffed nightborne.
    Too bad. Nightborne are not brutes.

While Highmountain and Zandalari may be unsurprising additions to the Horde (maintain status quo), the Alliance also have Lightforged and Dark Iron as their unsurprising additions (maintain satus quo). Void Elves to the Alliance and Nightborne to the Horde are the only 'switches' that are happening, really.. and probably for the benefit of everyone. If more non-standard Allied Races were added to the other factions, people would be clamoring about where their faction-switch options for the original races were.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why things have to be equal from the get go every single time new aspects and innovations are introduced. It was stated more races will come over time so its not even the final product yet. Seems like people just want to whine more and more about trivial things to the point that I think they should play Chess as it has equal everything from the start. Hell maybe the Alliance will get space mummies and saberon while Horde get Grummels and water goblins. Who knows, but its fact that these arent the only races that will be coming. They are just what they have coming now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, but when the only reason Horde even got Nightborne is to balance out Alliance getting the "High Elves" that were continually requested for fairness, it's kinda shitty that the Alliance then get the shorter end of the stick.

Honestly, if we were going by how things should have actually been done rather than "fair": They should have given the Horde Zandalari (what they wanted) and Ogres (what they want most of all) and then just made HM/Taunka, Upright Orcs and Mag'har new customization options for those existing races. And then given Alliance their High Elves (what they wanted), Broken, and LF/Nightborne/Dark Iron customization options for those existing races.
    Sounds like a good idea but they'd have to put a lot of effort into it considering ogres and broken have no female model, I'll just take what we got and since it's easy to make and we may see it sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by DeKillem View Post
    Sounds like a good idea but they'd have to put a lot of effort into it considering ogres and broken have no female model, I'll just take what we got and since it's easy to make and we may see it sooner rather than later.
    Shrug. I am fine with the current situation. I just agree that Alliance sort of got the bad end of the deal.