Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

'Creepy' talking Donald Trump robot is mocked for looking more like Hillary Clinton

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-12-19/c...llary-clinton/

Disney has unveiled a talking Donald Trump robot at its Hall of President exhibition in Florida - and the feedback has not been kind.

The "creepy" figure has drawn widespread mockery from Twitter users.

Many argued that the figure looks nothing like the 45th President...but it does bear more than a passing resemblance his rival Hillary Clinton.

Others thought they saw the face of actor Jon Voight peering out from underneath Trump's distinctive quiff.

The figure joins those of every other US leader in the Walt Disney World park in Florida.

Mr Trump's figure made his debut at the park on Monday.

The President recorded his speech for the figure earlier this year, according to the Orlando Sentinel newspaper.

“Above all, to be American is to be an optimist — to believe that we can always do better — and that the best days of our great nation are still ahead of us,” he tells visitors.
    I actually LOLed

Well yeah, look at those hands, no way its Trump.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Did we just assume that robots gender?

looks way to skinny for a start

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet that robot is gonna deviate from its scripted speech and offend the other robots.

I don’t know... Donny and Hillary are so old that they do kinda look the same... maybe spray it’s face orange to give it that Trumpy glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I don’t know... Donny and Hillary are so old that they do kinda look the same... maybe spray it’s face orange to give it that Trumpy glow.
    Add some meat on those bones and it would work. That robot is way too skinny to be Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Add some meat on those bones and it would work. That robot is way too skinny to be Trump.
    Clearly fake news statue then!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Did we just assume that robots gender?
    Nope. You're possibly confused as the article refers to Trump (on the recording) as a "he" but the language used for the robot is gender neutral (as befits an inanimate object.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Disney's recent animatronics are pretty amazing. The movement is more fluid than any robot I've ever seen. They even got his hand motions in there.

Another good example
    https://youtu.be/AZ6KTCDH4nE?t=2m44s

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Nope. You're possibly confused as the article refers to Trump (on the recording) as a "he" but the language used for the robot is gender neutral (as befits an inanimate object.)
    You know what else is an inanimate object? Trump's penis....

Zing!

10+ Year Old Account
    It took a dozen Imagineers almost a year to stop this automaton from attempting to grope female guests and disparage the other Presidential automatons.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

They probably already had a Hillary one made and decided to use her wig

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They probably had it premade when they thought Hillary was going to win and just slapped on some plastic sculpting over top.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    We just can't resist somehow getting Hilary Clinton's name in headlines, can we? It's like a guilty pleasure at this point.
    A constant reminder of the bullet everyone dodged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    It took a dozen Imagineers almost a year to stop this automaton from attempting to grope female guests and disparage the other Presidential automatons.
    After reprogramming the Clintonbot to try and stop it from covering up other Bots touching the Children.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    A constant reminder of the bullet everyone dodged.
    And right into the path of a shotgun blast instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably had it premade when they thought Hillary was going to win and just slapped on some plastic sculpting over top.

- - - Updated - - -

A constant reminder of the bullet everyone dodged
    Only to be hit by a grenade.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who think this looks like Hillary are really grasping at straws...or really think she is ugly lol, Jon Voight on the other hand it does look like.

After reprogramming the Clintonbot to try and stop it from covering up other Bots touching the Children.
    I don't get that, explain this joke because I thought Bill was all about the cheating on his wife thing, not little kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    The people who think this looks like Hillary are really grasping at straws lol, Jon Voight on the other hand it does look like.
    Yea, anyone thinking this looks like Hillary really has an unhealthy obsession with her, and should probably get some help. >.> It is like the people seeing aliens everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    And right into the path of a shotgun blast instead.
    Is this where we high five?

Deleted
    It's as if nobody expected him to win, so they made the Hillary one. Then when the results came in they had to improvise best they can.

Still though, not a bad quote tbh.