Thread: But His Emails

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

But His Emails

Russia Mr. Mueller, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference here in an apparent reference to Mrs. Clinton's deleted emails. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

A lawyer representing President Trump’s transition team has accused special counsel Robert Mueller of unlawfully obtaining tens of thousands of private emails from the accounts of at least 12 top transition officials — reportedly including Jared Kushner. But the move may just be a half-hearted attempt to discredit Mueller and stave off his investigation into Russia’s 2016 election meddling.

I fail to have the snarky words that describe this level of irony.

An organization that was part of President Trump’s transition team claimed Saturday that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III improperly obtained a trove of transition emails as part of the inquiry into Russian influence in the 2016 election and other matters.

The batch of emails totaling thousands of pages of communications was improperly provided to Mueller by the federal General Services Administration, the organization claimed in a letter delivered to congressional investigators.

“This morning we sent a letter to Congress concerning the unauthorized sharing of private and transition emails with the Mueller team,” lawyer Kory Langhofer said in an interview.

Details of the letter and the allegations from the transition organ known as Trump for America were first reported by Reuters.

The letter from Langhofer, who was counsel to Trump for America, alleged that career employees of the GSA improperly provided privileged communications to investigators working for Mueller.

The material included tens of thousands of emails, the organization alleged.

Are Presidential Transition teams now above the law?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Are Presidential Transition teams now above the law?
    Minions of the god emperor and law?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that like when someone just like that gives you their stuff and then they accuse you of stealing? Because it sounds like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So emails dished out via a foreign entity is OK but emails obtained perfectly legally is bad?

His lawyers are the worse. He's truly fucked if Mueller actually gets to him.

We are fully complying with the investigation except for that e-mail server we were hiding that we didn't think he knew about

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    We are fully complying with the investigation except for that e-mail server we were hiding that we didn't think he knew about
    Oh you meant THAT Email server. That I don't recall, don't know about, don't believe ever existed and if it did is full of lies and more lies and statistics.

* Boots up to a computerized female voice says "Privyet Comrade" *

....fuck...can I take that plea bar-no? What do you mean no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goddamn it, if Trump gets impeached because of his emails, I think the collective irony might just kill us all.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Goddamn it, if Trump gets impeached because of his emails, I think the collective irony might just kill us all.
    I think well need to live on dialysis to control the iron levels in the blood
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there really is a Deep State going after Trump, it's got a wicked sense of humor.
    Impeach the MF.

My level of snark is also insufficient to the task.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the schadenfreude.

You know, for a group that conservatives insist did no wrong, Trump and his campaign staffers sure do a good impersonation of people with something to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Minions of the god emperor and law?

Trumpkins be like:
    https://youtu.be/q6cyDsuNx_U?t=0s
    Last edited by Anevers; 2017-12-18 at 08:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

OH shit! Did his team delete tens of thousands of emails after get a subpoena too?

No? The FBI actually got hold of everything they need - both stories are completely different things but involve emails? oh yeah that's some mad irony that one.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    "If they have nothing to hide why are they afraid of the government looking at their stuff?"

I would agree with you in principal that the irony is thick in the statement. However, it's really only irony if indeed Clinton wasn't allowed to filter out emails she claimed were private. Because everyone deemed it fine that Clinton deleted 30,000 emails before anyone could see them, then Trump is allowed to change his position on the matter when it affects him. Although, it's not Trump making this statement, it's lawyers of his campaign, which are not the same as his personal lawyers.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Ok, right - thank you. I thought I was having an out of body experience or something. I wonder what else they are fully cooperating with?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    OH shit! Did his team delete tens of thousands of emails after get a subpoena too?

No? The FBI actually got hold of everything they need - both stories are completely different things but involve emails? oh yeah that's some mad irony that one.
    Pretty sure you missed the entire point of the irony here.

I'm actually kinda curious if his lawyers will actually try to take this to court. Seems kinda stupid to send a letter to congress whining about it and not, you know, actually file a court case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I'm actually kinda curious if his lawyers will actually try to take this to court. Seems kinda stupid to send a letter to congress whining about it and not, you know, actually file a court case.
    Except Trump does this a lot. He threatened to go after Hillary if he won. He didn't. He threatened to sue the women accusing him of sexual assault. He didn't.

He's an all bark-no bite kind of guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not stupid enough to actually believe Mueller would undermine his own investigation by doing something illegal.

This is purely posturing for the Fox viewers and Breitbart readers that are too braindead to think about this for themselves and need to be spoonfed lies to make their lives easy and thought free.

They're just trying to push public opinion against the investigation.

They won't. Sending threatening letters is all Trump's lawyers know how to do; they're utterly lost when it doesn't work.