Page 1 of 43
... LastLast

Swatting results in death of innocent man, Kansas.

https://archive.fo/TtjHK

An argument between two competitive Call of Duty players has lead to a man being killed by police in Kansas after authorities were incorrectly informed he was holding someone hostage.
    It is being reported across the competitive CoD community that a $2 wager match on the evening of Thursday December 28th descended into two team mates arguing with each other after losing the match, and threatening each other to be swatted.
    VIDEO: Top 10 Richest CoD Pros By Prize Money

Swatting is a common high risk hoax that involves calling the police and advising there is a situation taking place at an address. The hoax is often one that authorities will take extremely seriously, sending heavily armored personnel to an address in order to deal with the situation. In this instance, it appears to have got an innocent man killed.
    The two CoD players reportedly got into an argument over a small money loss on UMG’s wager platform online (view match) and threatened to swat each other, with one of the players sending the other incorrect details of an address nearby to a known swatter, who was reportedly responsible for the CWL Dallas bomb hoax evacuations.
    A local news website in Kansas has reported that the Wichita police were responding to a homicide and hostage situation, and when a 28 year old man answered the door, the officer in attendance discharged his weapon. The man was taken to hospital but later pronounced dead.
    CoD pro player Chris ‘Parasite’ Duarte shared this Tweet that explained the situation in more detail.
    9h

Christopher Duarte ✔
    @Parasite
    Unbelievable, two kids in the community got in a verbal dispute and thought it would be funny to swat each other which resulted in an innocent man being killed by police officers responding to the swat calling. Disgusted.

The two players reportedly involved, Miruhcle and Baperizer, have removed themselves from Twitter.
    What will happen next is unclear, however with an innocent man gunned down because of a fake threat, the police are expected to investigate and prosecute those involved.
    https://archive.fo/xvxY8

Family identifies the man fatally shot by a Wichita police officer Thursday night as 28-year-old Andrew Thomas Finch.
    Questions remain regarding the circumstances that led up to the heavy police response and the shooting at the home near McCormick and Seneca. Police Thursday night indicated further information would be available on Friday.
    Eyewitness News has seen a Twitter exchange where users claim what happened at the southwest Wichita home was a "swatting incident."
    "Swatting is where someone contacts police and makes up a false report in order to get a SWAT team to respond to another person's address.
    At Thursday night's police briefing, Wichita Police Department Deputy Chief Troy Livingston was asked whether this was a "swatting" incident or a prank.
    "We don't know, but obviously detectives will look into that angle," Livingston said.
    -----
    Update: Wichita police say one man is dead after a Wichita Police Department officer shot him on a call Thursday evening at a home near McCormick and Seneca in southwest Wichita.
    The 28-year-old man died from his injuries at a local hospital, WPD Deputy Chief Troy Livingston says.
    Livingston says the case began about 6:18 p.m. when officers responded to a report that a man had shot and killed his father in an argument and was holding his family hostage.
    On the call, Livingston says police prepared for a hostage situation and an officer shot the 28-year-old when he came to the door.
    The man was taken to a local hospital where he died, Livingston says.
    Police say the man shot by an officer was the only person injured at the home. The reports of a father being fatally shot prior to police arrival proved false.
    Livingston did not say if the 28-year-old man had a gun. He says the officer who shot the man is a seven-year veteran with the Wichita Police Department.
    -----
    Two people are critically injured in a shooting in west Wichita.
    It happened a little before 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the 1000 block of West McCormick, near McCormick and Seneca.
    Police have traffic blocked near the scene and people are asked to avoid the area of McCormick and Seneca.
    We have a crew near the scene to gather further information once it's available.
    Well it finally happened. Some jackass got someone killed because of "SWATing".

TL;DR (This is all a bit disjointed, the articles look as if they've been written by third graders who have had too much robitussin.)

Two guys play CoD, they have an argument over the last $2 in either of their bank accounts. They start talking shit to each other as CoD/XBL players typically do, saying they are going to SWAT each other. Guy number 1 gives Guy number 2 "his address" which was fake, basically saying "do it, no balls." Guy number 2 didn't have the balls but sent the address to a intermediary named SWAuTistic (fucking gloriously ironic I tell you) who normally calls in fake bomb threats and SWATs people, hence his name.

Intermediary calls in the SWAT, they go to the address that was originally supplied by guy number 1 in his "do it, no balls" post. Some guy gets killed by a police officer.

Until more details come out, I'm going to have to give benefit of the doubt to the police officer. They are responding to a murder/hostage situation, and it's quite possible that the person who opened the door had a weapon of some sort, it's Kansas. By the way the reports go, it says someone opened the door, it's possible this guy just opened the door to the noise and commotion he can hear outside of his home, surprising the officers and that's what got him shot.

Guy number 2, and guy intermediary are going to jail for life though. Guy number 1 who gave the false address in his "Do it" post probably won't see any repercussion because I can go in a phone book and give anyone a random name and address. He should feel deep shame and guilt the rest of his life, but will likely be vaping and drinking monsters without second thought before the new year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interviews with the family say the man saw the police lights and heard commotion, so he went to the door and as he opened it the cop shot him.

No warning, no chance. He had no weapons and was not involved with any games.

The rest of the family was made to exit the home with their hands up, stepping over the body of their dying family member. They were then taken individually to the police station and grilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    "SWAuTistic"

I found my new spirit username!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Charge the involved trolls for murder to make an example of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

That's cute, SWAuTistic doesn't think he will be spending the large portion of his life in jail.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    The did not murder anyone
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The murderer is the cop.
    You better go provide the police with the video of the incident that you have..

The person who made the call needs to go away for a long time.

Deleted
    Typical millennials, hope they send him to the worst prison in the US where he gets molested every day for the rest of his miserable life.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The problem is with the police.
    You fill a country with a bazillion idiots armed to the tooth, and you think the problem is with the police.

Yeah - and the reason I can't lose weight is that extra lettuce I eat each week.

Oh dear.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

This tbh. The officer also needs massively questioning as well, as shooting someone that opens the door unarmed is inexcusable as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree this shit shouldn't be tolerated.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, you send a profession where the answer to a dangerous situation is to have their guns out, and if shit goes down the fucktards that started this all need to go to jail too. probably not for murder (Unless they have Swatting laws and "if someone dies while you comit a crime, its still murder" laws), but it was damn irresponsible.

At the very least, the family should sue the idiot CODer's (and likely the cop too) for everything they are worth and ruin their lives forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You fill a country with a bazillion idiots armed to the tooth, and you think the problem is with the police.

Yeah - and the reason I can't lose weight is that extra lettuce I eat each week.

Oh dear.

The only consistent thing about police work is the inconsistency of it.

Cops cannot use 'well it looked like xxx situation' as an excuse for fucking up.

Every situation will be different and the moment a cop starts assuming things is when people die for no reason.

Time and time again we hear 'well the cop didn't know, it could have been something else'. No more, it happens all the damn time. How about cops stop playing dirty harry and get informed before opening fire.
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Wow, you can order murder squad in US and what's better - it is absolutely free! They're lightyears ahead of the rest of the world in customer service.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Americans have become far too comfortable with police executing their fellow citizens. Something has to change.

The murderer is the cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The problem is with the police.
    With this logic people who hire someone else for murder aren't to blame, people who start fires aren't to blame for the deaths of people trying to flee for their lives, architects aren't to blame when their cheaply made buildings/structures collapse.

10+ Year Old Account
    The murderer is the cop.
    So are the swatters.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With this logic people who hire someone else for murder aren't to blame, people who start fires aren't to blame for the deaths of people trying to flee for their lives, architects aren't to blame when their cheaply made buildings/structures collapse.
    That's some bad logic. Try a good one.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    https://archive.fo/TtjHK

https://archive.fo/xvxY8

Well it finally happened. Some jackass got someone killed because of "SWATing".

TL;DR (This is all a bit disjointed, the articles look as if they've been written by third graders who have had too much robitussin.)

Two guys play CoD, they have an argument over the last $2 in either of their bank accounts. They start talking shit to each other as CoD/XBL players typically do, saying they are going to SWAT each other. Guy number 1 gives Guy number 2 "his address" which was fake, basically saying "do it, no balls." Guy number 2 didn't have the balls but sent the address to a intermediary named SWAuTistic (fucking gloriously ironic I tell you) who normally calls in fake bomb threats and SWATs people, hence his name.

Intermediary calls in the SWAT, they go to the address that was originally supplied by guy number 1 in his "do it, no balls" post. Some guy gets killed by a police officer.

Until more details come out, I'm going to have to give benefit of the doubt to the police officer. They are responding to a murder/hostage situation, and it's quite possible that the person who opened the door had a weapon of some sort, it's Kansas. By the way the reports go, it says someone opened the door, it's possible this guy just opened the door to the noise and commotion he can hear outside of his home, surprising the officers and that's what got him shot.

Guy number 2, and guy intermediary are going to jail for life though. Guy number 1 who gave the false address in his "Do it" post probably won't see any repercussion because I can go in a phone book and give anyone a random name and address. He should feel deep shame and guilt the rest of his life, but will likely be vaping and drinking monsters without second thought before the new year.
    And how the fuck did they shoot this angry nerd dead? What the actual fuck? Fuck these damned cowboy cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are both to blame.

Cops aren't supposed to be stupid robots incapable of using reasonable critical thinking skills to asses a situation and de escalate when appropriate.

The stupid fuckers who called it in also need to face severe punishment. This isn't a new crime...unnecessarily tieing up police resources for no reason has been a crime for a long time.
    Troof