Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by surgency View Post
    The hood, belt and ring are your top three leggos in general. Depending on the fight, you will swap hood and ring. You should never replace the belt afaik
    FWIW, this is not my experience based on Raidbots. When using the top gear selector, it literally never tells me to use the power cord, or the netherlord ring. ST it tells me to use Hood/Prydaz, and council style (e.g. dogs, coven) it's Hood/Sac. Talents: ST (MG/Cont/SH/SL), Council (WiA/AC/SH/SL). Obviously, there might well be different results if you don't have T21 4pc though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    FWIW, this is not my experience based on Raidbots. When using the top gear selector, it literally never tells me to use the power cord, or the netherlord ring. ST it tells me to use Hood/Prydaz, and council style (e.g. dogs, coven) it's Hood/Sac. Talents: ST (MG/Cont/SH/SL), Council (WiA/AC/SH/SL). Obviously, there might well be different results if you don't have T21 4pc though.
    This right here. Other than the helmet, there isn't an obvious second choice. You really do need to sim yourself to know which is best for you in specific situations (and the obvious of using good judgement based on what you know about your raid's strategy, kill speed, etc). You can find a bit more evidence of this on Warcraftlogs where legendary choices are all over the place on many fights.

Deleted
    You have a fundamental misunderstanding on how to play the class, it's time to go back to the basics.

http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Home
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Yipzarena/videos

Here's how to figure out how to make sure the gear you're wearing is the best you've currently got and it will tell you if an item you've just acquired is an upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPvjkW0ZkxM

Simcraft program is fine but it's much simpler to use raidbots.com as it wont put any strain on your computer (those pesky 10 minute demo sims with the program were a nightmare)

Other then that it is just practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    This right here. Other than the helmet, there isn't an obvious second choice. You really do need to sim yourself to know which is best for you in specific situations (and the obvious of using good judgement based on what you know about your raid's strategy, kill speed, etc). You can find a bit more evidence of this on Warcraftlogs where legendary choices are all over the place on many fights.
    Agree with Tolian and Espo.

Generally if you want DE you're usually better taking the talent than using such a low stat budget ring (Netherlord).

Belt often sims higher for people but perhaps Tolian you have a relatively good one and a weaker neck. My neck is my best piece so Prydaz is not so strong for me.

With the increase in leggos to 1000 some gained a lot more stats than others hence it changed the balance somewhat in addition to the new tier. So tier pieces and offpieces come into the decision now of which ones to use.

Also a reminder for people to never rule Sephuz out. For me it's actually only 1% behind the belt on ST. That of course is without the proc and on Patchwerk where you do not get the advantage of the speed buff as well. On any fights you can proc it and naturally for dungeons it's so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by surgency View Post
    The hood, belt and ring are your top three leggos in general. Depending on the fight, you will swap hood and ring. You should never replace the belt afaik
    If anything, it's the Hood you never replace. Power Cord, Soul ring, Sarcolash ring, Sephuz, and even Prydaz are all competitive choices for Mythic, depending on the fight and your progression. The only fight you don't run Hood on is Eonar, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Belt often sims higher for people but perhaps Tolian you have a relatively good one and a weaker neck. My neck is my best piece so Prydaz is not so strong for me.

Also a reminder for people to never rule Sephuz out. For me it's actually only 1% behind the belt on ST. That of course is without the proc and on Patchwerk where you do not get the advantage of the speed buff as well. On any fights you can proc it and naturally for dungeons it's so amazing.
    Well, I've got a 970 Cord of the Penitent (haste/mastery) and a 965 Lavadrip Pendant (haste/mastery), so they're both decent really. Can't really speak to why belt never pops into #2 leggo for me when I sim. Must be because of my particular stats, and the inputs I use (e.g. I never sim with patchwerk selected, always light movement). I don't disagree with what you're saying about it simming good for others though. It's a strong legendary, and if you look at lockshop for instance, it shows as part of the best combo for ST MG/Cont build. (Tho tbh I wonder about their sims sometimes... cloak is making a huge comeback if you look at those sims for instance, which doesn't seem right but who knows).

Sephuz is indeed an interesting legendary. I've only recently started playing around with it, mainly in M+ cuz and on Eonar, and that haste proc is so sexy. I don't see it being part of my typical gear set, but for niche uses it can certainly be fun.

Sephuz is indeed an interesting legendary. I've only recently started playing around with it, mainly in M+ cuz and on Eonar, and that haste proc is so sexy. I don't see it being part of my typical gear set, but for niche uses it can certainly be fun.
    There is no "typical gear set". Lock rises and falls with fight-specific setups, we are one of the classes that needs to respec and re-gear the most. Sephuz is a very good choice on Eonar and Portal Keeper, and in many M+ dungeons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    There is no "typical gear set". Lock rises and falls with fight-specific setups, we are one of the classes that needs to respec and re-gear the most. Sephuz is a very good choice on Eonar and Portal Keeper, and in many M+ dungeons as well.
    Realistically speaking, I use 3 sets of gear in M Antorus (currently 7/11) and only one of them includes Sephuz (Eonar). That's what I meant by my typical gear set(s).
    YMMV and more power to you if so. You're right in that we do tend to swap talents/gear a lot between fights, but I am guessing you don't mean to imply that there are more than 2 (maybe 3) different setups, depending on which fight you're doing.

I am guessing you don't mean to imply that there are more than 2 (maybe 3) different setups, depending on which fight you're doing.
    First of, 2-3 gear sets is very different from "my typical gear set", but I see you understand that already.

Second, there's probably more than 3 gear sets if you min/max, because certain fights have specific features that favor certain legendaries - mostly Sephuz on Eonar and Portal Keeper (paired with Sarc ring and Helm, respectively). The "standard" ST and MT setups are Helm/Sarc and Helm/Soul for the most part, but even there items like the Belt might sim higher for some people, and Prydaz is always a contender (especially on a fight like Kin'garoth). Suggesting any sort of "typical" gear set makes sense only in the broadest definition of the term - if you're switching between four different setups, plus different talent templates, plus even more variety when accounting for M+, I think the notion of "typical" is just misleading.

People just need to get used to the idea of being fight-specific, and take any overlap as it comes. Much less prone to misinterpretation than suggesting there is a "typical" gear set and have people think they can get away with a one-set-fixes-all solution.

Realistically speaking, I use 3 sets of gear in M Antorus (currently 7/11) and only one of them includes Sephuz (Eonar). That's what I meant by my typical gear set(s).
    YMMV and more power to you if so. You're right in that we do tend to swap talents/gear a lot between fights, but I am guessing you don't mean to imply that there are more than 2 (maybe 3) different setups, depending on which fight you're doing.
    It all depends on your offpieces, for me sephuz recently surpassed prydaz for ST dps because of socketed varimathras neck: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...NVzFJXdf5rST2H Even helm can get replaced with high enough ilvl helm options as you can see on my sim taking off helm replacing with a 965 socketed and equipping belt is only 0.6% behind. Basically if you get a high enough off piece in a lego slot its likely that another lego will overtake that one for ST.

Quote Originally Posted by VarianceWoW View Post
    It all depends on your offpieces, for me sephuz recently surpassed prydaz
    Keep in mind that the special effects of some legendaries are difficult to sim appropriately - or, indeed, to put in any concrete quantitative metric, as with the defensive value of Prydaz. Sephuz is also a special case as I do not believe the sims take into account its bonus effect, and there are several fights this tier where you can reliably trigger it.

Simcraft is a model, and it has its limitations. The preset scenarios are rudimentary at best and do not fully reflect the constellations encountered in real fights. Always keep that in mind, and apply some thought to the results. Admittedly, without concrete data it's quite difficult to make accurate determinations.

Keep in mind that the special effects of some legendaries are difficult to sim appropriately - or, indeed, to put in any concrete quantitative metric, as with the defensive value of Prydaz. Sephuz is also a special case as I do not believe the sims take into account its bonus effect, and there are several fights this tier where you can reliably trigger it.

Simcraft is a model, and it has its limitations. The preset scenarios are rudimentary at best and do not fully reflect the constellations encountered in real fights. Always keep that in mind, and apply some thought to the results. Admittedly, without concrete data it's quite difficult to make accurate determinations.
    Yes I understand that, fully aware what losing the defensive value of prydaz means. I am mainly simming for farm were I have no need for the defensive value of prydaz anymore. Only mythic aggramar and argus left in the instance and I won't be running prydaz on either of them nor will I be running sephuz, the ST raidbots sims are just for the farm fights that are ST.

The only point I was trying to make was that nothing is set in stone with aff legendaries and things change with more gear. I was in no way making a recomendation that people should use my results for anything I am fully aware of how sims work and were and when they are or aren't reliable. I was simply trying to let people know that you can't assume that anything is a definitive BiS item in any situation especially with aff lock.
    Last edited by VarianceWoW; 2018-01-08 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VarianceWoW View Post
    Only mythic aggramar and argus left in the instance and I won't be running prydaz on either of them nor will I be running sephuz
    Have you thought about Sephuz for Aggramar, given that banish triggers it's proc? I've been meaning to try it on H Agg, but I keep forgetting. Should be able to get quite a few procs over the course of the fight though.

Have you thought about Sephuz for Aggramar, given that banish triggers it's proc? I've been meaning to try it on H Agg, but I keep forgetting. Should be able to get quite a few procs over the course of the fight though.
    It's definitely an option, and the highest parse right now does exactly that. It's possible Helm is more consistent over the entire fight, though. Aggramar also has the interesting question of Sarc vs. Soul ring, which I guess depends on whether your particular raid setup needs/wants the slow.

If anything, it's the Hood you never replace. Power Cord, Soul ring, Sarcolash ring, Sephuz, and even Prydaz are all competitive choices for Mythic, depending on the fight and your progression. The only fight you don't run Hood on is Eonar, really.
    Except hood takes a tier slot. Right now I literally don't use it at all. Once I end my bad luck and see other pieces that justify breaking my 2-piece tier 20, I am sure I will go back to using the hood though. I like it a lot for many different builds.

And I don't always use the belt either.

It depends on so many factors, there isn't a right answer without simming and testing.

I use sephuz for heroic aggramar its definitely worth it for that when you can banish on CD, on mythic cant really afford to run it plus we dont banish the adds anyway. For mythic almost everyone runs helm + sacrolash since we dont banish them you just perma slow them and knock them back to avoid them popping instead. If we banished on mythic then yes would definitely run sephuz.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Except hood takes a tier slot.
    2p T20 is not that amazing, though. I suppose if you have a very high ilvl on the T20s and not that high on replacement gear, it's a temporary consideration. But it won't last.

Gear always changes, of course, and what's best for individual characters can vary; but if there is any sort of generalization at all, it's that Hood is the one that's most commonly the best on the greatest number of fights.

2p T20 is not that amazing, though. I suppose if you have a very high ilvl on the T20s and not that high on replacement gear, it's a temporary consideration. But it won't last.
    If you read the whole paragraph and not just the first sentence you would see that I already said it wouldn't last and I indicated I've been particularly unlucky with some Antorus drops. My tier 20 helm is a better piece than anything else I've seen so far and it is clearly not worth breaking the 2-piece tier 20 just to get 15 ilvl on my shoulders when the hood is a very marginal upgrade for me anyway. Thanks for the advice though.