Poll: How would you feel?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would somewhat bum me out but maybe then I wouldn't be as lazy with my diet as I'm now.
    So it's shitty and good at the same time.

Deleted
    it would motivate me to lose some weight

10+ Year Old Account
    well since i'm only 100ish lbs...
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Would be kind of stating the obvious. It is like telling a smoker he would properly cough less if he stopped smoking.

Rude coming from a stranger really.

Pretending that I was overweight I'd say "I agree" and thank them for the boost of confidence. Though I guess if I was totally honest, if it was a hot girl, I'd be motivated to lose weight, some random dude I'd might be insulted. I guess the real question is, should someone be so bold as to make such a statement to you?

It is really hard for me to say, because I've always been inside my weight range and I'm not a hot piece of man meat even when in top shape. I've received various, "you'd look better if..." comments, most I agreed with and so I didn't take much offense, though sometimes it's easy to get offended when you feel like you can't really make the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    well since i'm only 100ish lbs...
    Come on man, the rules of the question is you're supposed to pretend to be overweight if you're not, so picture yourself at 250
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2018-01-07 at 02:42 PM.

no one looks better when they are fat

You see a girl you know would be hot if she lost about 40 pounds but I don't know if I would say anything about her weight unless I knew her really really well, it seems kind of rude.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Like "sorry but I have no interest in you or your opinion"? WTF?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would consider it motivation to lose weight, especially if the person telling me this is an attractive member of the opposite sex. Otherwise, I wouldn't think twice about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how I'd feel personally but I was someone who was pretty ugly and overweight. When I did lose weight I started to look much better. So I mean it's definitely a thing. Maybe slightly rude, depending on how you take it.

Somewhat flattered, although I'm pretty sure no sane person would tell me to lose weight at the moment.

I would nod, smile, and ignore them, as I do with all unsolicited advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I'd tell them, "I know." and then call them Shallow.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would say thanks i guess and not care that much.

This question depends a LOT on context:

Are you actually overweight?
    Are they saying they'd actually ACT on your attractiveness if you lost weight?
    Are they just trying to call your fat in a roundabout way without actually being offensive?

My reaction would depend on a lot. Am I really going to change my habits and health because someone said something like this? Isn't it better to make those changes because I want it instead of someone else? Does it actually matter if I follow through and get in better shape, regardless of the cause?

A person who's fit and healthy speaks a lot about their personality. It means you have some amount of willpower and dedication, as well as follow through a commitment. Those things are just as attractive as the purely physical aspects. I know these are things that register in my mind when I see a woman who's in great shape. But the opposite is also true(unless there's some rare dysfunction with the person that actually prevents them from losing weight).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been told the same before and though the dude who said it didn't say it out of concern and more out of he would be interested in me then, it's not exactly a wrong statement I'd argue for most people.

Beauty standards shift over time and right now a muscular or toned physique for men and toned to petite physique for women is attractive to most people both men and women with a few outliers. Even if you didn't hit the looks gene lottery a good physique can do wonders for your sex life and potential partners.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I wouldn't care unless that person mattered to me enough to change who I am, which is an extremely small number of people.

What a strange thing to tell someone. It's obvious that if a fat person loses weight they'd become more attractive. They might as well tell me,"You'd have more money if you worked more hours at your job."

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not fit then the people who care about you should be encouraging you to improve your fitness and health levels.