Thread: Dragon Soul LFR

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Dragon Soul LFR

Was thinking about making a post on the official forums, but decided to stop by here first in case it's me that's just doing something wrong.

I'm trying to do the LFR for Dragon Soul for a month now, to collect that LFR set to complete my transmog collection. Starting it from the guy just outside the instance.
    In those 4 weeks of 8 bosses i got 30 fail bags and 2 items (a trinket and the tier gloves from Zon'ozz)

So that's 1/8 out of the set done. But seriously, i cannot see myself doing this for at least another 3 years before i get all the other items from there.
    Am i doing something wrong? I've read somewhere that going in with multiple people doesn't allow you to share 'already known' drops, so that doesn't help to speed stuff up either.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It took me 8 months to get the pants, the only piece I didn't still have from Cata. You're not doing anything wrong, it just sucks. A lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    No, you're not doing anything wrong, Dragon Soul LFR drops are horrendous. I farmed what I needed from there over multiple toons, and it took me doing 26 tries a week for around 5 months for my last item (Staff off Blackhorn). Thone of Thunder LFR isn't as bad but still not pleasant, as all the other LFRs either give a guaranteed piece (SoO) or a guaranteed piece from a bonus roll (HoF/ToES/MSV).

The drops in the lfr versions are just bad in general, your best bet is to just ask friends with the same class and loot type to just join you and hope for the best

Deleted
    Ok, thanks for the replies guys <3
    So it is as i feared.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, do you solo it? If so, is it just as easy as soloing Norm/HC?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Npshaman View Post
    The drops in the lfr versions are just bad in general, your best bet is to just ask friends with the same class and loot type to just join you and hope for the best
    I don't think LFR loot is tradeable prior to SoO.

15+ Year Old Account
    This instance on that difficulty is the bane of many a transmog farmer, myself included. The drop rate is horrendous. The only way to go is to just brute force it with it as many chars as you can until you either get the item you're after or burn yourself out for the next 6 months.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I don't think LFR loot is tradeable prior to SoO.
    Can confirm it's not.

That is a problem and should be adressed ASAP.

We can get easily and in a very short time all the gear from Normal and Heroic, LFR should not be a pain as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    That is a problem and should be adressed ASAP.

We can get easily and in a very short time all the gear from Normal and Heroic, LFR should not be a pain as it is.
    It's like we're trying to send messages in bottles when it comes to this, all we need is someone to bring this issue up with a blue. It's so reasonable for a change too it's killing me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I'm curious, do you solo it? If so, is it just as easy as soloing Norm/HC?
    As to answer this question: it's even easier. eg the Sapper from Warmaster Blackhorn doesn't come on LFR. But mostly you oneshot everything like on normal/hc.
    It's just the loot that's the issue.

(If you don't know, you can start the LFR version by talking to the NPC just outside the instance, and u can choose between first 4 or last 4 bosses LFR wing)

Maybe its time for a vendor where you can downgrade item appareance ? Trade Normal pants into lfr pants, trade heroic into normal and so on. I mean, if you can do heroic, you can do normal aswell. So why not add a trader

Taken me 6 months to get the majority of tier gear, i just need the chest piece which never drops. Least i don't have to do the first part of the instance anymore. Sucks because it's the best colour palette for the mage tier and fits a goblin mage perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    As to answer this question: it's even easier. eg the Sapper from Warmaster Blackhorn doesn't come on LFR. But mostly you oneshot everything like on normal/hc.
    It's just the loot that's the issue.

(If you don't know, you can start the LFR version by talking to the NPC just outside the instance, and u can choose between first 4 or last 4 bosses LFR wing)
    Ahh okay, I -may- try to get that 2h sword back from DW, I had it once prior to the overhauled xmog system. but a GM couldn't restore it for me sadly. Good to know it's easy as piss.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    As i said in the opening post, I went on and made battle.net forum post regarding the issue.
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617026299#1

I dont have a US account or Twitter to reach blues easier so it's the best i can do.

Tweeting @WarcraftDevs is the best way to reach them. The more people that do so, the better.

Deleted
    Yeah, the drop rates are absolutely borked in there. I've been farming those appearances for months on several chars and I'm lucky if I get 1 that I happen to need.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just want to point out that people have been trying to address this issue through forum posts, tickets, in-game suggestions, twitter, and so on, for years. Very unlikely they will change how it works, and they are already aware that it's a real pain to farm the sets.

4 bosses out of 8 dropped loot this week. Anyone else see a huge change or was this just really lucky?