Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Seems reasonable to not provide paid breaks if the employees are making a lot more money than before. I was not aware people tipped the coffee shop guy. That's weird and I have no idea how/why the business would enforce that without some kind of policy beforehand.

The goal is automation. Humans should not have to labor meaninglessly. You on;y do so because of ignorance and systems designed to enslave you.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    I must've triggered some TH employees I'm sorry all of your liberal arts degrees aren't working out, but if you want better pay, get better skills. Simple as that.
    My degree is a BSc in Astrophysics and Mathematics (and/or Statistics, depending which version of my certificate you read...) with honours in pure maths.

I worked in banking for a decade and now I'm telecommunications.

"Liberal arts degrees" ahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

its a shame the government can't jail the co founders and restaurant owners for being greedy pieces of shit. forget fines, aim for jail time so maybe they'll think twice next time they decide to screw over their employees in every way possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    See? You're the actual living, breathing proof that if you have better skills that feminist basket weaving you won't have an issue earning enough to not whine about "muh living wage."
    Imagine being silly enough to think that your degree was indicative of your employee skillset outside of technical fields.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Liberals pass ridiculous minimum wage increase.
    Businesses cut employee benefits and breaks to make up the difference.
    Liberals go berserk and call the businesses bullies.

I don't know why anyone would do business in Canada with these anti-business governments. The Ontario liberals run their province like a criminal organization.
    Last edited by dd614; 2018-01-12 at 01:33 AM.

Wouldn't it have been easy enough to raise the prices of their food by a few cents to pay their employees more? If people want the employees of the businesses they go to to be paid more, they should expect that the goods that place provides would be more expensive. Since most businesses are greedy, they aren't going to lower their own profits to make their employees lives better, that's why voters and the government have to raise wages and pass laws to make them.

My first question is who the fuck tip at mcdonald and tim hortons? There is no waiters, no service wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    My first question is who the fuck tip at mcdonald and tim hortons? There is no waiters, no service wtf?
    Could be a tip jar on the counter that's completely optional. I've seen them at coffee shops and ice cream parlors around here.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I'm not sure how to tell you this, but you're owed nothing in life. This argument always comes down to people that believe they're owed something just for existing, and those that realize that working to get to a better job than slinging coffee isn't a curse. If you work at TH or any other no-skill job, you don't deserve anything other than what that employer agreed to pay you when you were hired. That's. It. If you think you're not getting paid enough, it's not the employers fault. You accepted their terms. Stop bitching about the hand life dealt you and go for something more. It's really not that hard.
    If a job exists then obviously it's needed and if society needs that job to be fulfilled then the person doing it should have a living wage.

Telling everyone to go better themselves is the advice of idiots and why there is so much student loan debt. Even if they did you still end up in the same situation where fields are over-saturated like software development is now.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2018-01-12 at 02:46 AM.

I'm buying more breakfasts than ever. Dirty liberals!

See? You're the actual living, breathing proof that if you have better skills that feminist basket weaving you won't have an issue earning enough to not whine about "muh living wage."
    Nice use of Morton's Fork LOL.

Those people who slave their ass off on minimum wage work far harder than I ever have and deserve to be paid a living wage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nice use of Morton's Fork LOL.

Those people who slave their ass off on minimum wage work far harder than I ever have and deserve to be paid a living wage.
    Isn't it weird that a majority of our well-off posters share this outlook but our barely haves are the ones foaming at the mouth about who deserves what wages?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I used to work at Starbucks, and I can tell you that without a doubt nobody works nearly as hard as you did to earn your degrees or as hard as I do currently. The people that were trying to make a "career" of Starbucks were, by far, the most unmotivated people I've ever met in my life. Nobody making a career of Starbucks (or TH) deserves a "living" wage. It's a stepping stone, not an end game.
    a) Complete lie, my days at university were a breeze filled largely with bonking off to play video games and shitpost on forums *cough*. I slept in most days and had months of break time. Didn't even have to have a part time job through that, because I had a scholarship.

b) Everyone deserves a living wage... it's bizarre how you think the bare minimum is some kind of medal of recognition for special effort...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Seems reasonable to not provide paid breaks if the employees are making a lot more money than before. I was not aware people tipped the coffee shop guy. That's weird and I have no idea how/why the business would enforce that without some kind of policy beforehand.

The goal is automation. Humans should not have to labor meaninglessly. You on;y do so because of ignorance and systems designed to enslave you.
    having a job doesn't seem like slavery to me.

This might be true if there was only one applicant per position, which there isn't, and if the position was that highly coveted they'd have to offer better pay. The fact is that no-skill labor is exactly that, no-skill, and should be compensated as such. As for your student loan fallacy, nobody makes people take out 100k in debt just for school.
    Yeah nobody makes them except that they don't make a living wage and are told by idiots like you to get a skill.

Then they do and find out that those fields are over saturated with applicants as well by the time they finish school while also now carrying huge debts. Wow what amazing advice.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    its a shame the government can't jail the co founders and restaurant owners for being greedy pieces of shit. forget fines, aim for jail time so maybe they'll think twice next time they decide to screw over their employees in every way possible.
    ya no id rather not have Canadian jails filled with people who shouldn't be there like american ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    no one deserves a "living" wage. which btw 15 is well above nearly everywhere. you can "live" much lower then that. people just want handouts for being low skilled, lazy, and complacent.
    Apparently you never visited a Tim Hortons before or any other "fast food" places. Try seeing how fast they got to work in the morning.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Hope Canadians boycott, Tim Horton's is crap fast food anyways. Yes I said it Canada, your revered chain is garbage. You can do better.
    The pinnacle of Canadian cuisine is Kraft Fucking Dinner. They can't do any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    The pinnacle of Canadian cuisine is Kraft Fucking Dinner. They can't do any better.
    Watch Matty Matheson on Munchies
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how to tell you this, but you're owed nothing in life. This argument always comes down to people that believe they're owed something just for existing, and those that realize that working to get to a better job than slinging coffee isn't a curse. If you work at TH or any other no-skill job, you don't deserve anything other than what that employer agreed to pay you when you were hired. That's. It. If you think you're not getting paid enough, it's not the employers fault. You accepted their terms. Stop bitching about the hand life dealt you and go for something more. It's really not that hard.
    You know what a living wage is? The ability to pay for a 2 bedroom home, rental (which is considered standard for a single adult), ability to pay for 2 insurances (Life and Home), the ability to pay for the cheapest phone contract (which is standard now a days), the ability to pay for the cheapest internet contract (which is almost a demand now a days), the ability to pay for 4.3 weeks of food (which is the bare minimum), the ability to pay for 20-25 days of public transport and the ability to get medical assistance.

This is the bare minimum, known as the actual living wage. This is the wage anyone should be expected to be able to cover at a fulltime job (36-42 hours). Stop bitching about low skilled jobs, trust me, I have a hard time believing a paperpusher should be paid more than a more physical jobs but they are at times too. You got to get it in your mind that even so, low skilled jobs exist, and you feed them, you need them. Without them, your life would be utter shit.

Why is it so god damn hard for, I am sorry, mostly americans, to believe that even low skilled people needs to survive. Some people can't get higher up. You going to advocate for them to off themselves just because they cannot climb the ladder? The pay for the employee is low because the employer knows they can get away with not paying much. You have a feeding system over there that rewards one social group and scuffs the other.

When you're a fulltime employee, the bare minimum you can expect when being unable to have time to take a secondary job, is to at least have the ability to survive. Already a joke with a lot of systems over there, at least Canada has a little better assistance for some people but not all does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Apparently you never visited a Tim Hortons before or any other "fast food" places. Try seeing how fast they got to work in the morning.
    Oh god, even at fair paid fast food joints, they are still pushed a lot.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..