Increased level scaling for those who want it.

I've played a bit of the new level scaling on the ptr, and have done some on live the last few days and overall i think it's an improvement. However personally i would like it to be a bit more difficult, and like I've heard a number of people say mobs could deal some more damage, hp seems fine overall to me.

What i kind of miss doing is going after quests a couple levels above my own for a bit of extra challenge, just to see if i can do it. What i think might be a neat addition either through ui or some type of heirloom item you could buy or whatever, would be the option to increase the world scaling to a couple levels above your own, and by doing this have all the quests and mobs give a bit more experience. The xp bonus can't go to far of course because else having someone boost you through stuff or going in a group would be to beneficial. I'm not sure if it would work for dungeons if only part of the group has the increase on. You could put everyone with the same increase together if that doesn't reduce the amount of players available for group finder to much.

Do you guys think something like this would be worth implementing? Any downsides i may have missed? Please discuss.

www.explosm.net

Well, I am soloing dungeons for challenge. And it is fun have to say.

But for world custom scaling, I don't know. On one hand, it would be similar to selecting game difficulty, which is fine imho, however scaling rewards up or increasing chance for better loot would be wrong IMHO. As long as loot and xp is pretty much same, I think custom scaling could work. Maybe.

They should implement Mythic leveling, utilizing the M+ systems of affixes.