Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why do Blood DK deal much less DMG than Prot Warrior?

I thought the whole point of being a Blood DK is to be a hybrid Tank, not exactly the best tank in the world, but deals more DMG than your standard Tank. Now we are losing to Tanks like Prot Warrior?

dont you deal like insane fucking dmg with bonestorm?

or are you talking single target?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    dont you deal like insane fucking dmg with bonestorm?

or are you talking single target?
    Nop, even in AoE we get our asses kicked by Prot Warrior. They are almost literally better at everything.

Blood is pretty decent in single target ,but we are indeed rock bottom in AoE below every other tanks

The issue is that we scale very poorly with strength,and even when they wanted to "fix" us,they just gave us a 10% bandaid instead of fixing our scaling
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2018-02-02 at 12:19 AM.

Why do <Insert Non Prot Warrior> deal much less DMG than Prot Warrior?

15+ Year Old Account
    Atleast you're viable
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you do tons of healing that Warriors don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Because you do tons of healing that Warriors don't?
    That's not relevant,healing just replaces the mitigation that blood doesn't have.

It's like saying that we should do more damage because prot can block hits

If the value of a tank class/spec to you is how much dps it can do.... I think tanking might be the wrong role for you. Or did you just have a really bad week with skittish?
    "All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? It's another glorious day in the Corps. A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm: Every meal's a banquet. Every paycheck's a fortune! Every formation's a parade! I LOVE the Corps! " - Sgt Apone (Aliens)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    I thought the whole point of being a Blood DK is to be a hybrid Tank, not exactly the best tank in the world, but deals more DMG than your standard Tank. Now we are losing to Tanks like Prot Warrior?
    if you do so much less dmg then youre using DRW poorly, have the wrong talents AND wrong legendaries. souldrinker buffs your dps alot. legendary shoulders + bracers gives u insane burst during DRW and with the new 2piece you get to use DRW twice as much on most fights.
    optimize your gameplay before you start whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefbarrier View Post
    if you do so much less dmg then youre using DRW poorly, have the wrong talents AND wrong legendaries. souldrinker buffs your dps alot. legendary shoulders + bracers gives u insane burst during DRW and with the new 2piece you get to use DRW twice as much on most fights.
    Yeah,so much ST burst in fact that you actually have to worry about threat if you're not currently active,as you're likely to rip aggro out of your tank partner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    That's not relevant,healing just replaces the mitigation that blood doesn't have.

It's like saying that we should do more damage because prot can block hits
    Which also causes threat...which is one of the most important things to tanks...survival the other.

Which also causes threat...which is one of the most important things to tanks...survival the other.
    Self healing threat from tanks was removed from the game eight years ago

Oh look the poor Blood DK is crying about literally the most shat on tank in the whole expansion.

You’re cute OP, real cute. Don’t you have a progression raid, or a +25 key to tank? Sure as shit isn’t a Prot warrior taking your place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Self healing threat from tanks was removed from the game eight years ago
    I give up...no point in arguing with the selfish.

DKs have insane survivability....some of the best I can recall...but yeah they deserve more damage as well! They're the biggest pain I have ever dealt with in PvP save for healers...but yes they deserve more damage!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefbarrier View Post
    Don't you know it isn't fair? He should have everything handed to him...even if he is playing poorly!

I give up...no point in arguing with the selfish.

DKs have insane survivability....some of the best I can recall...but yeah they deserve more damage as well! They're the biggest pain I have ever dealt with in PvP save for healers...but yes they deserve more damage!
    First off,no one cares about PvP.
    Secondly,survivability and damage are two very separate things for tanks.
    Any half decent tank can survive encounters

I thought the whole point of being a Blood DK is to be a hybrid Tank,
    Um... you're about four expansions outdated on that information. DKs were "hybrid tanks" only during Wrath. From Cata and onwards Blood became pure tank, while the other two specs became pure damage.

Nop, even in AoE we get our asses kicked by Prot Warrior. They are almost literally better at everything.
    No.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...vm2xwlPmH4l1df
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Dude... Prot Warriors have been more or less shit on for the entire expansion. Why fucking kick them when they're down?

dont forget that awesome DK mobility vs war... oh wait..
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22