Thread: shadowbolt buff

shadowbolt buff

Patch notes say shadowbolt is buffed for aff by 100%. I'm demo... didn't know aff used sb.

Anyway, did heroic ant right after server came back up and I'm pretty sure I had that buff. First time in forever I didn't have to struggle to do elite dps. There was a hotfix in the middle of our raid, and when we restarted... the buff was gone.

I know I'm not crazy, but I've seen nothing about this. Can anyone explain what happened? I'll sell my tattered soul to get that buff (whatever it was) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacstorm View Post
    Patch notes say shadowbolt is buffed for aff by 100%. I'm demo... didn't know aff used sb.

Anyway, did heroic ant right after server came back up and I'm pretty sure I had that buff. First time in forever I didn't have to struggle to do elite dps. There was a hotfix in the middle of our raid, and when we restarted... the buff was gone.

I know I'm not crazy, but I've seen nothing about this. Can anyone explain what happened? I'll sell my tattered soul to get that buff (whatever it was) back.
    The SB buff only matters for Affliction before level 10. Affliction is the default Warlock spec before you get to choose yourself, and SB was doing too little damage for the new HP scaling while leveling. That's why they increased its damage. But there is no SB on Affliction at all past level 10, it was a change purely for low levels.

It was buffed for demo on the ptr and on live servers last night. Its been reverted for demo though (. Those fuckers....

Thanks for confirming this. And I agree completely with your comment.

You were doing big dmg because int on artifacts was bugged

Whatever it was.. it was nice to have. Demo needs at least some of it back...

I was long time demo too, its time to stop holding on I think though.

Quote Originally Posted by Markatron View Post
    I was long time demo too, its time to stop holding on I think though.
    They're probably doing the same thing to it as they did last expansion, as well as to survival this time. They said "We didn't buff demo because we didn't want you playing it," due to the upcoming overhaul in Legion. I doubt they'll really overhaul both of those specs again, but maybe they might. I think redoing two specs is a lot less of a burden than altering nearly all of them... I just wonder what they'll do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    They're probably doing the same thing to it as they did last expansion, as well as to survival this time. They said "We didn't buff demo because we didn't want you playing it," due to the upcoming overhaul in Legion. I doubt they'll really overhaul both of those specs again, but maybe they might. I think redoing two specs is a lot less of a burden than altering nearly all of them... I just wonder what they'll do now.
    The thing is ST low movement fights, its not bad. But how many of those are there?