10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard does not communicate well with the community?

Seriously, I do not understand people who blame Blizzard about communication. I mean they are on forums, social media and even if they have their own event with the Blizzcon, they're present on almost every other events. I really dont understand the hate and why people are always saying that Blizz dont care about their fans and never communicate or listen to them. Not many companies are as close to their fans.

About customer service... With so many players, it is difficult to always offer 24/7 service within a reasonable time. For my part, I have always received good service for over 12 years!

I imagine that with so many players, it's hard to please everyone. I would just like people to take the time to think about everything before they complain.

But I want to hear you... Why do you think Blizzard does not communicate well and does not care about their fans?
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

They communicate, but haphazardly. More importantly, they ignore nearly all feedback, including the one they ask for. Look no further than the scaling fiasco in 7.3.5.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard split the community themselves, not having a centralized PTR feedback forum is just bad imo.

They want feedback but only offer links to US forums most of the time...

People are just whining little bitches and treat everything that changes/doesn't change as some personal vendetta Blizzard's exacting upon them and only them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They communicate, but haphazardly. More importantly, they ignore nearly all feedback, including the one they ask for. Look no further than the scaling fiasco in 7.3.5.
    Many players are happy with 7.3.5. It's really not every one who hate the patch and the changes. So what you do? You reverse the patch cause forums are full of 7.3.5 haters? What about the rest who dosent speak and are happy?
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

For me it is the fact that many bugs and incorrect scaling in MoP, Draenor, dungeons and raids on the PTR made it live is probably the biggest reason I would call out Blizzard for their lack of communication and apparent selective feedback. Scaling is a big addition to the game and they didn't listen to ANY of it.

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    Seriously, I do not understand people who blame Blizzard about communication. I mean they are on forums, social media and even if they have their own event with the Blizzcon, they're present on almost every other events. I really dont understand the hate and why people are always saying that Blizz dont care about their fans and never communicate or listen to them. Not many companies are as close to their fans.

About customer service... With so many players, it is difficult to always offer 24/7 service within a reasonable time. For my part, I have always received good service for over 12 years!

I imagine that with so many players, it's hard to please everyone. I would just like people to take the time to think about everything before they complain.

But I want to hear you... Why do you think Blizzard does not communicate well and does not care about their fans?
    What happened, was that they were THE BEST BY FAR at communicating with the community, until they realized they need to keep more distance OK.

And they might still be the best, and I have no idea, since I don't play many other games now, but they are just......more reserved now than they used to be.....since Y'ALL WERE MEAN AS SHIT TO THEM LOL!!!

Let's be honest OK?

And when I say "y'all" I mean "the community" YO!!!
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2018-01-19 at 11:39 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

10+ Year Old Account
    If their stated goal is to get some sort of useful community feedback then they'll continue to say less and let the community lead the way on what to talk about.

It's not exactly a secret that whenever they do something every word is parsed to a fare-thee-well and then people jump to unwarranted conclusions. I don't believe they just want to do monologues at the community but the community itself hasn't really shown itself to be capable of restraining itself and combing useful out of all of that is probably more trouble than it's worth.

When they have something to say, they've learned the discipline to hold off saying it until they think they're on firmer ground. Certainly their social platforms are useless for gathering feedback on what they're thinking about. Even mentioning something in passing or having a spot of mustard show up on a map leads to endless speculation and if/when they decide to go another direction there are all sorts of pointless stupid threads about what they've cut.

It's a terrible environment for passing on information so they don't do it so much. Can't say I blame them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    If all of the PTR bugs making it into live every patch is any indication, then yeah, they're terrible at communicating.

This is mostly due to people not knowing WTF they're talking about.

You want to see a gaming company not communicate to their customers? Just go to Bungie.net. That's ignoring your customers boot camp over there. Blizzard does more than they are required to. They have a presence and even an employee position designed around communicating with customers. I agree their testing is a bit odd, but if I were to condemn everything I didn't understand, I'd be up to my ears in negativity.

Of course they do, be realistic.

You have dudes that only do pet battles go at the forums and cry "There is nothing to do!" and when the official Blizzard employ literally pointed out "But you arent even playing the game you are supposed to be playing it and you havent done anything but 1 dungeon", and he got a huge backlash on that.

Official forums are literally 0.01% useful from some post 3 years ago about some weird bug in a quest, and the rest 90.99% is people with terrible opinions that have no idea what they are talking about and the rest 9% is "WAHH WHY ISNT MY CLASS FIRST ON THE SIMULATIONCRAFT DESPITE I WILL HAVE EVEN REACH THE 30% OF WHAT IT SAYS".

People are dumb, delusional people that feel entitled are even worst, Blizzard ignoring everyone is a great thing.

Then again, they dont ignore if there is a serious bug reporting going on.