Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    You're so quick to hate the "left" for literally no reason whatsoever that I'm starting to wonder if maybe you're just an ignorant douche bag with no life.
    I mean, the champion of the left and social justice, and tennisballs prince charming is a terrorist apologist. Rather than doing what other world leaders are in eradicating these people rather than having to imprison them sure seems a better idea than trying to rehabilitate terrorists like Trudeau thinks will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is a terrorist, off with her head.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I mean, the champion of the left and social justice, and tennisballs prince charming is a terrorist apologist. Rather than doing what other world leaders are in eradicating these people rather than having to imprison them sure seems a better idea than trying to rehabilitate terrorists like Trudeau thinks will happen.
    You can't even formulate a coherent response, so I have a difficult time taking anything you say seriously.

Besides being stupid she did awful things too.

No tears shall be shed.

So that's where they got all those new toyota pickups!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If a neo-Nazi American citizen was set to be executed in another country I would also be criticizing it.

There really isn't any irony here, I just don't agree with this.
    Both are bad groups.

Difference is the neo-nazis at their worst are active gangbangers. ISIS at their least are active gangbangers. ISIS was (kind of still is) and occupying force in Iraq very guilty of all sorts of crimes against humanity, not just being a bunch of racist assholes. She hoped her ass on a plane or however she got over there knowing what ISIS was. I wouldn't call for her death but on the far end what I'd call acceptable consequences for joining an active terrorist organization/rogue state/enemy combatant of the world.

She joined an organization that was killing Iraqi and you expect them to just let her go. Same organization also took credit for the killing of countless Westerners, and they are supposed to just extradite her? I'd ask why they bothered shipping her back.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-01-22 at 04:36 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    As a German, I would absolutely support going to war over this.

Any foreign government that deliberately kills a German citizen declares war on our people.
    Isn't that shit happening on your home front? What if the person was a Nazi?
    Last edited by apeiron1234; 2018-01-22 at 04:47 AM.

Some people got the most common usage of extradition backward. Most of the extradition being done is countries asking for a criminal that fled back to the country where the crime was commited to judge them. Nobody is starting a war over this and germany will probably demand extradition to be rejudged in germany, but its unlikely to happen. Just like if she was able to get back to Germany and Iraq requested she come back to Iraq to be judged, it would most likely have been denied.

Deleted
    She committed her crimes there, so she should also face justice there.

Brutal part of the world, don't know what else you could expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance.

So what's there to discuss? That there's death penalty for terrorism in Iraq? Seems there would be worse things to address first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Death was her only destination in her life.
    Well, as every single human being that ever lived has died and every human being alive right now will die, it seems that death is a destination none of us can avoid.
    Now actively pushing others in that destination (be it war, outright murder or a death sentence etc), well that is a moral issue where some might say it is never okay and others that it can sometimes not be avoided.

As to the issue of her being a german citizen and germany having a sort of 'duty of care' for its citzens ...
    As far as I am aware of there is no way to loose the german citizenship, even if the person abandons "german" or "western" values and even if the person considers him- or herself to have abandoned the german citizenship. So for Germany as a nationstate (and as a society) there is a duty of care towards its citizens that can be derived from the first two articles of the german "Grundgesetz" (the german constitutional legislature). (At least as far as I understand it, I am not a laywer)

It is essentialy quite a similar issue as can be found with "freedom of speech" in a democracy, it can be interpreted to protect even speech that wants to undermine and/or deconstuct the democracy and its freedoms such as "freedom of speech". So Germany has a duty to care for this women, even if she doesn't want to and even if she is wants to deconstuct and destroy western nations like germany.

Now if that is morally "right" or "wrong" or just "complicated" ... I guess that is for anyone to decide for themselves...

Play stupid game ,win stupid prize

She is a terrorist , good riddance .

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    She is believed to have been living in the Mannheim region of Germany when she travelled to Syria but is reportedly of Moroccan descent.
    So she's originally from Marocco and most probably an economic immigrant. That's the kind of people that want all the perks of German citizenship but don't give a $hit about everything else. I don't wish death to anyone but she seems not worth fighting for extradition.

She may be scum, but constitution demands to protect her from inhuman medieval punishment and ensure a fair trial, which is not a given in iraq. She will be held responsible but she also has rights that government has to guarantee.

People calling for blood here are no better than ISIS. We can and have to be better than that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Theres so many People who wanna move to the US cant kill them all
    US is not terrorist country, grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    we in germany are not fond of death penalty, you know ? whole EU is not fond of.
    Who cares? she left the German jurisdiction and joined terrorists, off with her head.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Deleted
    I'm against capital punishment as a rule. But she broke laws in a country, not even a silly law like that women who named a tedddy bear Mohammed, and so she will be punished by their laws. If I was the German government I'd make some attempt to get her back to be sentenced in Germany, but I wouldn't try to hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I'm against capital punishment as a rule. But she broke laws in a country, not even a silly law like that women who named a tedddy bear Mohammed, and so she will be punished by their laws. If I was the German government I'd make some attempt to get her back to be sentenced in Germany, but I wouldn't try to hard...
    You either try hard, or you do nothing. There is no middle ground in that matter, and the constitution makes it clear, what the way to go is, otherwise the values would be void, and a mockery. If you have values you stick to them always, not only when it is easy.