Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Also the question is if you become an enemy combatant and join the forces of an opposing state, do the German rights and protection under the constitution still apply? If you comitted a non martial felony I'd say yes but to me her German citizenship was kind of terminated by her actions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Also the question is if you become an enemy combatant and join the forces of an opposing state, do the German rights and protection under the constitution still apply? If you comitted a non martial felony I'd say yes but to me her German citizenship was kind of terminated by her actions.
    german citizenship doesn't really do much for you if you commit crimes outside german jurisdiction. all that does for you is give you a little leverage if there is a extradition treaty.

Germany - the country where causing a nuclear explosion is punished with 5 years prison. Yeah.. I think we should leave this case to the Iraqis.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    It was not. Isis is not a recognized state, which forces she could join.In addition Germany can not revoke citizenship, if it would make a person state less. The constitution explicitly forbids that kind of action.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Germany - the country where causing a nuclear explosion is punished by 5 years prison. Yeah.. I think we should leave this case to the Iraqis.
    You do realize, that - while being a quite obscure law - those five years are for causing a nuclear explosion ONLY and eventual deaths and damages would be added on top of it? No you probably don't. And it's really funny how self proclaimed "defenders of europe" like you shit on european democratic principles like universal human rights when it concerns somebody you don't like. We have moved on from mob justice centuries ago for a reason.

Germany - the country where causing a nuclear explosion is punished with 5 years prison. Yeah.. I think we should leave this case to the Iraqis.
    This is only the punishment for the nuclear explosion itself. All other charges like terrorism, murder, attempted murder and stuff still adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You do realize, that - while being a quite obscure law - those five years are for causing a nuclear explosion ONLY and eventual deaths and damages would be added on top of it? No you probably don't. And it's really funny how self proclaimed "defenders of europe" like you shit on european democratic principles like universal human rights when it concerns somebody you don't like. We have moved on from mob justice centuries ago for a reason.
    I know that bro, its still incredible low punishment for such a serious crime, should be life sentence from the beginning without any deaths / damages added.

Also I dont support the concept of human rights for people who are proven to be criminals. Your human rights end when you commit serious enough crimes and you get found guilty in a fair trial. I would support Hitler getting the death penalty for his crimes against humanity for example while you would defend his "human rights" lol kek european values.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2018-01-22 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is why we need the death penalty.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Also I dont support the concept of human rights for people who are proven to be criminals. Your human rights end when you commit serious enough crimes.
    This is where you totally quit democratic grounds and should move to a theocratic country. Universal rights are universal because they apply to everyone, saints and sinners alike. That is how democracy works. You don't get to cherrypick which laws apply to whom. For the record: I don't like this woman either, and think that if only half of what she's accused of is true she should be in jail for life. But i'd like to see that determined in a proper trial, and that's something neither me nor our government trusts iraq with. That's why there will be a lot of diplomatic pressure to extradite her, as would be for any other citizen whose life is threatened abroad, for whatever reason. The likes of you are the first ones triggered over rape accusations by the media, but swallow this without the smallest effort in critical thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that bro, its still incredible low punishment for such a serious crime, should be life sentence from the beginning without any deaths / damages added.

Also I dont support the concept of human rights for people who are proven to be criminals. Your human rights end when you commit serious enough crimes and you get found guilty in a fair trial. I would support Hitler getting the death penalty for his crimes against humanity for example while you would defend his "human rights" lol kek european values.
    i agree violent criminals have no rights since they have proven themselves to be unworthy of living in society.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Yeah, except that the law says at least 5 years prison and additionally it says when you cause at least one casualty it is life sentence.

Deleted
    Also I dont support the concept of human rights for people who are proven to be criminals. Your human rights end when you commit serious enough crimes and you get found guilty in a fair trial.
    so there are, in you perception no inalienable rights?
    And who decides who is a criminal? George Washington was a criminal and a terrorist for sure (just ask any Brit of the time), as was Fidel Castro, as was Lenin, as was Joan of Arc, as was ... and so on and so on.
    So just kill all humans just to be sure, most of them might deserve it in the eyes of someone or another?

As for the present case, i don't think there will be a "fair" (whatever that is) trial for this woman in iraq at the present time.
    besides it is not like we could just recussitate those who have been killed and then found innocent (or at least not guilty, and yes those are not synonymous).

Look yes to be realistic, humans are terrible monsters who want and maybe need to inflict misery and death upon others, one look at the news tells you that. Having and upholding and fighting for values like rights of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" for "all men" (or all human beings) might be a mood point and a futile exercice in stupidity. I am sure many people believe so.
    But i don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This is where you totally quit democratic grounds and should move to a theocratic country. Universal rights are universal because they apply to everyone, saints and sinners alike. That is how democracy works. You don't get to cherrypick which laws apply to whom. For the record: I don't like this woman either, and think that if only half of what she's accused of is true she should be in jail for life. But i'd like to see that determined in a proper trial, and that's something neither me nor our government trusts iraq with. That's why there will be a lot of diplomatic pressure to extradite her, as would be for any other citizen whose life is threatened abroad, for whatever reason. The likes of you are the first ones triggered over rape accusations by the media, but swallow this without the smallest effort in critical thinking.
    Nah, in a democratic society you can absolutely say that one forfeits their human rights by committing certain acts against humanity.

Also in this case justice belongs to the Iraqis, not the Germans.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Good. Foreigners who traveled to Syria and Iraq to commit acts of terror or support them deserve far worse than death.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    German law does not apply in Iraq. It can't set a precedent in Germany.
    Technically this is incorrect. Thought you are banned so I'm not sure you will see it....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Nah, in a democratic society you can absolutely say that one forfeits their human rights by committing certain acts against humanity.

Also in this case justice belongs to the Iraqis, not the Germans.
    Yupyup.... He who gives out the rights has the power to take them away.

if you join a terrorist group, you deserve the same rights as terrorists are entitled too.. aka none.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I have mixed feelings. On one side, I'm generally against the death penalty, even for terrorists. On the other side, her nationality shouldn't shield her from another country's laws.

Deleted
    Ain't ever gonna stop without people willing to put a stop to it.

And not the least because the converts tend to push out desert rats themselves. They not only come up online later but tend to avoid persecution because muh women and children. Better to just glass their ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Why though? She went to Iraq and became an enemy combatant. She joined a group that was occupying Iraqi land, killing Iraqi soldiers, enslaving and torturing Iraqi people. But Iraq doesn't deserve to punish people who violate its laws, especially enemy combatants? Its not like Iraq went to Germany and snatched her up for breaking some law, she went over there. Yall would be pissed if it were the other way around and Germany sent and Iraqi back.
    True, she went there on her own. Although by law a 16 year old is considered a child still by German law and we have different laws for juvenile criminals, including terrorists. Right now the desire is to extinguish ISIS and although ISIS is just a manifestation of a more developed ideology than al-Qaida had before. So anyone caught is automatically accused of the standard repertoire of crimes that every active ISIS member gets attached with. I'd go as far as saying that people within the ISIS sphere are most likely harsher treated than some Nazis were after WWII and the scales of both conflicts are not even remotely comparable. If they had a similar classification system similar to the ones which the Allied powers had been using I'd be fine with whatever outcome they have. But it's more likely they want revenge and to follow a radical policy of ideological extinction which may in the end parade as yet another example of aphorism 146. So I question whether it happens within boundaries of rule of law, I don't regard Iraq being very high on that list, it's not even a stable country yet and their track record of human rights doesn't really have to hide behind ISIS. The linked reports clearly cites the lack of impartial justice and that's my concern.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!