Is Anduin Arthas 2.0?

Young prince. Student of the light. Blonde dude. Can't help but be reminded of a young Prince Arthas from the earlier WC3 days every time I see Anduin.

I wonder if the goal is to build him up like Arthas and then give him the same dilemma, doing something terrible for the greater good, but this time he'll make the other decision. Would be interesting if that just leads to a different set of problems rather than being the "right" choice.

their lore is bad but it's not that hellabad

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    His future has already been shown to us. He is the leader of the Army of Light.

Probably not. Because that's boring, first, and also because they're not going in the same direction at all.

Anduin is the guy that tries to do the right thing, but doesn't always know what it is. In the end he always finds it and does it. I'm pretty sure his arc this expansion is going to be exactly that : Start violent, because he lost his father, because he's being counciled by revengeful men, have a lot of tribulations, realise his stance isn't solving anything, and then do the right thing, and unite with the horde, if only temporarily, to defeat a greater evil, here N'zoth.

Arthas was always a bag guy. From his first moments in the spotlight, he is arrogant, unhappy with his orders. He was on a path to be a very bad king had there been no Scourge.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say Arthas 2.0

More like Arthas 0.2? Like a reverse Arthas. Arthas if everything went right.

Anduin got a different personality than Arthas. He is more the nice friendly guy who will be in the friend-zone until he dies after the Void is defeated.

I like the way they are going with him. I like him more than his father. People might see him as a weak boy, but he got some inner strength with the Light wich might be stronger than anyone else. He is also the more diplomatic guy, though we will see how it turns out in BfA. The cinematic is his big breakthrough it would seem. Where he finds out that he truly is not his father, but will follow his own path. I really like that.

hey no he never going darkside hes a fix point in time wont happen. we have seen it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Anduin got a different personality than Arthas. He is more the nice friendly guy who will be in the friend-zone until he dies after the Void is defeated.

I like the way they are going with him. I like him more than his father. People might see him as a weak boy, but he got some inner strength with the Light wich might be stronger than anyone else. He is also the more diplomatic guy, though we will see how it turns out in BfA. The cinematic is his big breakthrough it would seem. Where he finds out that he truly is not his father, but will follow his own path. I really like that.
    This, so much. I never understood the whole Anduin hate, he is becoming one of the best written characters that we actually get to see grow. He isnt a warmonger, he strives for peace and doesnt even care if you're Horde or not if he really needs help (Just look at MoP where you help him in Krasarang).
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

He'll probably get his own culling at some point. What matters is how the population views it.

Nah Yrel was Arthas 2.0 but blizzard accidently the entire wod story
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    He'll probably get his own culling at some point. What matters is how the population views it.
    Well, population will view it as something good. After all Anduin has BiS plot armour in this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Young prince. Student of the light. Blonde dude. Can't help but be reminded of a young Prince Arthas from the earlier WC3 days every time I see Anduin.
    I am a bit afrid of that.... Blizzard love Heroic characters that fall to darkness storylines .... Arthas, Illidan, Garrosh, and they set up Sylvanas and Jaina to be abel to fall in the future....

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

I wonder if the goal is to build him up like Arthas and then give him the same dilemma, doing something terrible for the greater good, but this time he'll make the other decision. Would be interesting if that just leads to a different set of problems rather than being the "right" choice.
    We'd be better served if he falls down the dark path and we're forced to kill him. With Anduin gone the humans have no leader so maybe they'll stop dominating the honest-guv-it's-an-Alliance.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    Probably not. Because that's boring, first, and also because they're not going in the same direction at all.

Anduin is the guy that tries to do the right thing, but doesn't always know what it is. In the end he always finds it and does it. I'm pretty sure his arc this expansion is going to be exactly that : Start violent, because he lost his father, because he's being counciled by revengeful men, have a lot of tribulations, realise his stance isn't solving anything, and then do the right thing, and unite with the horde, if only temporarily, to defeat a greater evil, here N'zoth.

Arthas was always a bag guy. From his first moments in the spotlight, he is arrogant, unhappy with his orders. He was on a path to be a very bad king had there been no Scourge.
    I really don't want these reunions over and over again(even though I know they will be there). It just feels so incredibly dumb to one second be buddies then one second later "Hey fuck you, I'll kill you" then the next second start working together again right after. I'd prefer if they changed it up somehow, for once. In general it seems like they are stuck in a loop of every character doing bad things due to being corrupted or and Horde and Alliance always uniting again every other expansion after being in an all out war.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    We'd be better served if he falls down the dark path and we're forced to kill him. With Anduin gone the humans have no leader so maybe they'll stop dominating the honest-guv-it's-an-Alliance.
    Too bad it won't happen because he'll be around for the next 60ish years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas was always weak, he was impatient and had little faith in or connection to the light, he was shown to be very vengeful and arrogant even before the scourge, and he couldn't handle loss in the slightest (Invincible's death took a huge toll on him as a kid). He was the polar opposite of Anduin who has been very brave and always willing to sacrifice his own safety and wellbeing to do the right thing, incredibly strong connection to the light, and has been coping fairly well, maturity wise, with the loss of his final parent (having already lost his mother as a very young child and Bolvar being like a dad to him while his dad was gone). It wouldn't make any sense for him to fall like Arthas did because Arthas was on that path from childhood with his vulnerable personality. All he needed was the manipulation to steer him to the blade.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    I mean, I can't help to think that King Anduin, Prince Arthas:

Prince Valerian:

are all based on king Arthur:

Yes it does feel like Anduin is who Arthas would have been if he had never turned evil, never picked up Frostmourne.