Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    God, this is actually awful. I never get my tits in a twist over class changes but the LvB/FS changes REALLY take the cake. I nearly quit my Shaman in WoD because of the slow, frustrating pace of FS/LvB interactions and I can't bring myself to play around that garbage all over again.

Oh well, there's Mages and Warlocks waiting for you if you want to play another spellcaster!
    The latest round of nerfs was the end for me. I'm re-rolling mage. I think it was for other people too, couple ele shaman streamers I know have already announced they are abandoning shaman since the LvB/FS change (HV also nerfed 50%).

The dev's are completely indefensible at this point, they have gone out of their way to make a spec that is frankly not fun to play and will perform exceptionally poorly compared to other classes. This IS their vision for the spec. Why? I don't know but why be a masochist when you can reroll. Shaman since Vanilla and I'm finally forced to retire the class. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Alzay; 2018-07-03 at 03:06 PM.

I've never been a "I'm going to reroll if this goes through" kinda guy but I just can't go back to the WOD version of flame shock/lava burst. Especially with Mythic+ this change would kill elemental. I posted this in ptr feedback, not sure what else to do.

As many already know, lava burst will always critical strike a target if they have flame shock on them. One of the best changes for elemental shamans in Legion was the removal of the flame shock cooldown, not just because it allowed dotting multiple targets, but because it made the lava burst interaction a lot smoother.

Problem:
    When BFA re-added the flame shock cooldown, many shaman players were upset, but the lava burst/flame shock interaction was taken out to compensate (flame shock would have no effect on lava burst). This compensation was recently changed back but the cooldown remains, leading back to an awful version from WoD that was pretty unanimously disliked, especially when compared to Legion.

PVE Implications:
    Target switching on low-to-medium health targets is obnoxious as a shaman when you have to waste the first global on a dot that does little damage, only to then get to use the spell you actually want to cast. While this can be annoying enough every time, if that target dies in under 6 seconds, you are now target switching to another high priority mob and you can't cast flame shock OR lava burst, even if you have a lava burst proc because you would always hold it to make sure it crit. In Mythic+ this will be happening CONSTANTLY. Just think about all the times you've fought packs and switched targets every few seconds.

PVP Implications:
    Flame Shock will be dispelled all match all day. Most dispels have a similar cooldown to flame shock, any good healer will be able to completely negate an elemental shaman by getting rid of their dot AND hardest hitting ability, permanently.

Solutions:
    Either getting rid of flame shock cooldown or getting rid of the interaction. Please just don't go back to WoD where shamans couldn't target switch and were nonexistent in PVP. It will also be even worse this time around because of how big of an effect this has on Mythic+.

No more mechanical changes except ones that twist the knife I guess.

so they basically pruned every improvement elemental got over the years latest build...

GGWP blizzard.

first time ever since I played shaman I don't look forward to levelling as either elemental or enhancement...

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    God, this is actually awful. I never get my tits in a twist over class changes but the LvB/FS changes REALLY take the cake. I nearly quit my Shaman in WoD because of the slow, frustrating pace of FS/LvB interactions and I can't bring myself to play around that garbage all over again.

Oh well, there's Mages and Warlocks waiting for you if you want to play another spellcaster!
    They just don't feel the same, is the problem. Elemental is visually and aurally satisfying with its lightning and lava. It's so annoying that the devs just can't seem to stop messing with it, so every time it's finally is a reasonable state, they go and stuff it up again.

The really annoying thing is that pre-Legion Flame Shock had a longer duration as a rule, When it didn't baseline it got it from a set bonus, or was fixed in a patch, because having a CD plus a short duration doesn't work. We've seen that over and over, and here we are again - must have FS on a target to do good damage, FS has a CD and a short duration, so it spends 1/3rd of the fight on CD just keeping the primary target burning. If FS is to have a CD and be needed to get LvB crits, it has to have a longer duration, either baked in or from some refresh mechanism, it's as simple as that.

Deleted
    I just don't care anymore. I started with another class in legion in fear of being shit like we were in WOD. Now I'm playing elemental as I always used to because it is not *that* bad.

I thought about starting with another class in BFA but fuck it, I won't. I will give me the pain and suffering of being elemental again, because that is my main and that's it. I hope as soon as the raids start we won't be utterly shit, I will never get benched for heroic raiding at least. :P
    I hope for a few tuning fixes until we go mythic so I guess it will be alright.

Anyone know the devs reasons for the "Gust of wind" removal? It´s my favourite ability of shaman to take advantage of the high ground on BG´s, go away from melee etc.. and the most important, it´s so FUN.

Zero chances of taking it back i guess.

(Sorry for my english)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by axlkix View Post
    Anyone know the devs reasons for the "Gust of wind" removal? It´s my favourite ability of shaman to take advantage of the high ground on BG´s, go away from melee etc.. and the most important, it´s so FUN.

Zero chances of taking it back i guess.

(Sorry for my english)
    The reason was some nonsense about how too many classes suddenly had mage-like abilities (GoW being kind of a Blink). And non-mage classes aren't allowed mage abilities, but mages are allowed other classes abilities.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Guys, Storm, Earth & Lava wrote a open Letter to the Devs.

See here:
    https://www.stormearthandlava.com/op...he-class-devs/

The Official Storm Earth & Lava Twitter postet the following:
    https://twitter.com/StormEarthLava/s...17371162796033

17.7.2018 - likely to the Pre Patch as well as some Elemental Changes.

The Open Letter isnt even 24h out and it is weekend, so i doubt Blizzard has given them the Date right after the Open letter went puplic.
    It is still weekend so i dont think there is someone of importance in the office.

I think Storm Earth & Lava have been talked with the Devs recently and "convinced" them to some extend or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post

Guys, Storm, Earth & Lava wrote a open Letter to the Devs.

See here:
    https://www.stormearthandlava.com/op...he-class-devs/

The Official Storm Earth & Lava Twitter postet the following:
    https://twitter.com/StormEarthLava/s...17371162796033

The Open Letter isnt even 24h out and it is weekend, so i doubt Blizzard has given them the Date right after the Open letter went puplic.
    It is still weekend so i dont think there is someone of importance in the office.

I think Storm Earth & Lava have been talked with the Devs recently and "convinced" them to some extend or whatever.
    I replied on the EU forums, hope more people will as well so that the post might get some traction.

I doubt the 17.7.2018 means anything now that it's been weeks since they said they wouldn't be making more non-tuning changes. I think the best we can hope for is that the 8.1 revamp is good, though statistically speaking it's doubtful :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    Please, no one get overly excited about this date expecting big class changes. We do not have insider information. But I promise it's something cool!

If all we saw was some sort of recognition and a plan for what kind of changes they would make moving forward, I would be happy. Having absolutely 0 communication with the devs is what hurts me the most. I'd much rather be given a seemingly bad decision with a reason than a bad decision followed by being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by hungrytiger View Post
    If all we saw was some sort of recognition and a plan for what kind of changes they would make moving forward, I would be happy. Having absolutely 0 communication with the devs is what hurts me the most. I'd much rather be given a seemingly bad decision with a reason than a bad decision followed by being ignored.
    Personal opinion of mine but i couldn't care less about the reasoning if the change as a whole is bad.

Like Ion referring to Reincarnation as defensive CD or the whole Gust of Wind thing, sure we received a reason, but it becomes stupid once again as soon as you look at the broad picture.

Quote Originally Posted by hungrytiger View Post
    Shamans received communication directly from Ion, who said that's shamans will have more changes at 8.1.
    Classes never be in their perfect shape at every expansion's start. Remember start of Legion and warlocks or hunters.
    Or do you prefer Blizz pretend that's "all classes are fine" till 8.1, like they did before?

P.S. I copy my shaman and admit that's ele plays worse then at live.
    Worse but not unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesde View Post
    Shamans received communication directly from Ion, who said that's shamans will have more changes at 8.1.
    Classes never be in their perfect shape at every expansion's start. Remember start of Legion and warlocks or hunters.
    Or do you prefer Blizz pretend that's "all classes are fine" till 8.1, like they did before?

P.S. I copy my shaman and admit that's ele plays worse then at live.
    Worse but not unplayable.
    He specifically cited Shadow and Enhance and said MAYBE Ele. I'm not holding my breath.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Hm, good good. Pleased to see that Storm, Earth and Lava are trying to do something

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Can somebody give me a short summary of Ele Shaman? I'm planning to main a Shaman (Resto being the main spec). I enjoyed Ele during Legion's later patches (not at the start) but how does it (negatively) change in BfA? Or does it get better? I see a lot of negative feedback and just want to know what's going on.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Can somebody give me a short summary of Ele Shaman? I'm planning to main a Shaman (Resto being the main spec). I enjoyed Ele during Legion's later patches (not at the start) but how does it (negatively) change in BfA? Or does it get better? I see a lot of negative feedback and just want to know what's going on.
    Wait for Tuesday.

The Prepatch is comming this Tuesday and as Storm Earth and Lave Twittert ( https://twitter.com/StormEarthLava/s...17371162796033 ), with the prepatch should come some changes to Elemental.

Besides the Storm Earth and Lava Team, nobody knows what will be changed.
    We wil see.

I would like to see Echo beeing baselin, but i doubt they will do it because then there is a Talentspot gap that needs to be filled...

Moste likely they will again remove the Fireshock CD and minor mechanical changes, as well as MS gain adjustments, but i dont know...
    Last edited by Mordog; 2018-07-13 at 07:37 AM.

Dude you need to chill out you're setting yourself up for what could very well be disappointment and PLZ read the next post AFTER that.

The "change is coming" tweet is not related to additional class changes. We do not have inside information, nor would we choose a date to "announce" that if we did. If we were aware of changes, we wouldn't have written the open letter. Still, please look forward to the 17th.

You're only seeing what you want to see and it's just going to make you even more upset about shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrim View Post
    Dude you need to chill out you're setting yourself up for what could very well be disappointment and PLZ read the next post AFTER that.

The "change is coming" tweet is not related to additional class changes. We do not have inside information, nor would we choose a date to "announce" that if we did. If we were aware of changes, we wouldn't have written the open letter. Still, please look forward to the 17th.

You're only seeing what you want to see and it's just going to make you even more upset about shaman.
    Ohhh...
    I am sorry to spread false information, i clearly miss understood and messed this up.

Is the " Change is comming" just releatet to the 8.1 Class Update?
    It is hard to belive you would tweet for that.
    There musst be some kind of information you Storm Earth & Lava guys have gotten from Blizzard that tempted you to tweet that.

You say you dont know any Class changes and if they come with Tuesday(because the tweet is not relatet to it) but you guys tell us to look forward to patchday, why?
    What could a Elemental fokused group know that are not actually changes but still "tweet" able for Elementals?

What so ever,
    again, i am sorry for my overhype.
    No i am acutally in a sad mood...

Thank you guys for your hard work, i very much appreciate it.

Elemental is my Class since mid BC and hope dies hard...