Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    - we had enough melees already
    - litterally no one asked for a melee spec for hunters
    - the introduced spec was shit
    - the original class was designed a a range class, even with vanilla surv

enough reasons to give ppl not that great platform to like surv.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    From what I can tell, it's not a "Hate on Survival" specifically, but another addition into the already bloated Melee pool. While ranged... Lost a spec. We need more Ranged options, not fewer. I've never seen, "<Guild name> is now recruiting melee DPS... ", it's always Ranged guilds are looking for.
    What did old Surv offer in regards to unique utility? It was just MM with a different rotation/dmg spells. Losing it did nothing in grand scheme of things. Giving hunters the option of a melee spec theoretically is more useful than just having 1 more range spec in the game. If there is ever a fight where melee range is better than ranged, then it's nice to have the option to swap. Its redundant as hell and I want to see them tear apart other triple dps specs in the same way to forever kill the redundancy.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2018-07-27 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Man, the reading comprehension levels on these forums are at an all time low. I didn't play the whole expansion, I can only comment on what I experienced and it was shit then. As I said they may be fixing the issues it had but, my point was to answer the original topic "I don't really get all the hate for SV Hunters". I simply responded why I don't like the spec. But please, continue to put words in my mouth.
    I didn't put any words in your mouth.
    You base and judge a spec on something it isn't anymore because of your limited experience. -> "what was once shite will always be shite"

And you didn't even mention how long you played the addon... I'm sorry for not knowing something you didn't talk about in the post I quoted.

Could have been lvl 100, lvl 110, EN, NH, TOS....
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-07-27 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What world do you live in that people let stuff like this go? I know a guy who rages about eyes of the beast being removed to this day.
    A man can hope!

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I didn't put any words in your mouth.
    You base and judge a spec on something it isn't anymore because of your limited experience. -> "what was once shite will always be shite"
    I never said it will always be shit. I said I will never play it again.

Deleted
    When you say it *is* a half assed spec, then you talk about how you believe it currently *is*. Not how it was on day one when you threw a fit and wrote a letter to Dear Mr. Blizzard.

"Let's butcher one of the most popular spec in the game so we can rework it into melee hunter wanted by those less than hundred players worldwide. I mean, we are only able to introduce more and more melee specs (cooler than this one) without adding ranged ones, what can possibly go wrong?"

Hate is totally justified, they should add melee spec as 4th one and it should be tank which would make more sense than blowing grenades in your own face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    What did old Surv offer in regards to unique utility? It was just MM with a different rotation/dmg spells.
    It was the same spec apart from its spells and the rotation? That sounds fairly distinct to me. Are the mage specs all the same apart from using different spells in a different order?

What did old Surv offer in regards to unique utility? It was just MM with a different rotation/dmg spells. Losing it did nothing in grand scheme of things. Giving hunters the option of a melee spec theoretically is more useful than just having 1 more range spec in the game. If there is ever a fight where melee range is better than ranged, then it's nice to have the option to swap. Its redundant as hell and I want to see them tear apart other triple dps specs in the same way to forever kill the redundancy.
    If they would have left survival alone for this expansion, with the way they changed BM and MM, it would have been its own standalone spec, and very appealing to those that did not like the changes to the other two and would prefer something closer to pre-legion hunter, like myself. I rather enjoyed the smoother gameplay of the ranged, dot-oriented version of Survival. It wasn't super bursty but it definitely did not lack in damage.
    Last edited by Kurve1776; 2018-07-27 at 05:27 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Can u find us a single video showing the 'melee hunters' from vanilla era ? even at vanilla days no hunter was playing melee in any serious situation, survival was known for strong traps and elemental damage (from TBC+ at least), while we were all noobs during vanilla era, still no hunter was ever melee even back then, u can check the guide book btw, they were with the cds of game, no melee hunter

While he was alt to me (never mained hunter), I still liked survival the most of all specs, a ranged spec where i feel u actually have lot of utility instead of just dmg or 90% of dmg is ur auto-attack pet
    - - - Updated - - -

Rexxar is one of very few ranged tanks in hots, and he was only one for really long time, not to mention he is the fucking icon of hunter class in hearthstone, so pls don't stick rexxar to 'melee', he isn't a melee hunter (prior to legion at least)

I'm sorry what? Rexxar... Not a melee hero? The giant axe-wielding half-ogre who went toe-to-toe with basically of Kul Tiras? Just because he was shown with a bow in HS, doesn't suddenly remove the fact that the guy is a melee warrior. Sure, in HoTS he throws his axes, which is a reference to his ranged attack vs flying units in TFT.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2018-07-27 at 05:35 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    [/B]

I'm sorry what? Rexxar... Not a melee hero? The giant axe-wielding half-ogre who went toe-to-toe with basically of Kul Tiras? Just because he was shown with a bow in HS, doesn't suddenly remove the fact that the guy is a melee warrior. Sure, in HoTS he throws his axes, which is a reference to his ranged attack vs flying units in TFT.
    and as i said earlier, do u know any aspect of wc3 that activision respected and kept and didn't sh8t upon? a fast summary, nelfs turned form savage warriors to high school cheerleaders, orcs from shamanistic peaceful race tricked to drink blood to they are actually nazis in WoD, Jaina is warmonger, Thrall is whatever he is now, so if we going to hold his wc3 presentation, there are many who also need to change, not just him
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    and as i said earlier, do u know any aspect of wc3 that activision respected and kept and didn't sh8t upon? a fast summary, nelfs turned form savage warriors to high school cheerleaders, orcs from shamanistic peaceful race tricked to drink blood to they are actually nazis in WoD, Jaina is warmonger, Thrall is whatever he is now, so if we going to hold his wc3 presentation, there are many who also need to change, not just him
    What the fffff##

What's up with that logic.
    Rexxar who is constantly being shown as a melee hunter in WoW, is not a melee Hunter because characters that changed - changed..?

If you won't accept Rexxar as he is shown in WoW, how come you consider everything else to be the way it's portrayed in the game?
    Rexxar didn't change from what he was in WC3 - no need to deny that.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-07-27 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What world do you live in that people let stuff like this go? I know a guy who rages about eyes of the beast being removed to this day.
    From a personal view, play something for 8-9 years and all traces of it gets taken away it tends to piss one off.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    From a personal view, play something for 8-9 years and all traces of it gets taken away it tends to piss one off.
    This is wow any change does pisses some one off.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Ahhh, you are one of "those" people, my bad!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Yeah long live a half assed piece of shit spec that is sub par to a normal melee class.. I tried it and honestly it's such a shitty spec I dropped my hunter altogether. I found out you can't dispose of an artifact weapon when I tried to destroy that shitty spear. I'll play my rogue or warrior before I ever touch that awful spec again.
    Someone sounds a little salty. Especially given that SV got a major rework for BfA. If you wanted to cry about Legion's SV it seems a bit late to be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I really wish you would've tried to understand the rest of the post too though. Maybe English is difficult? At LEAST it was a hybrid spec - ie in later patches. Early on it was definitely intended to be melee but have the ability to do other things. (Because it was Vanilla - they didn't have specs that removed abilities back then)

And in Vanilla this wasn't really possible/they couldn't figure out an easy enough way to do it for the Vanilla playerbase, which is why they eventually scrapped it. It was still intended to be melee/hybrid.
    Specs weren't intended to change the baseline playstyle very much back then when it came to pure DPS classes and Hunters were ranged baseline, so no.

Even if it were true, it still doesn't justify chasing the idea 12 years later so you need to stop desperately clinging to this and accept that ALL your melee Survival apologia is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Do your homework, this is false as confirmed by Blizzard themselves.
    Source or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    One day a certain poster will give up in his crusade against Survival Melee hunter and let people who enjoy it have fun, and maybe let them express on this forum their point of view on the reason why they like to play this new version. And maybe one day will be even happy for them.
    You can guarantee that's never going to happen. I wasn't allowed to continue having fun with ranged Survival so you better fucking bet I'm never going to cheer on melee Hunters.

It was just MM with a different rotation/dmg spells.
    DAE SV was just MM XD

Also, LOL at "different rotation/dmg". That means they were different specs, you nitwit. I guess Arms is just Fury with different abilities! Please explain to me how those two specs are different without looking like a massive hypocrite about SV/MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super easy to understand: Most people rolled hunters to be ranged. Some also liked survival as the ranged spec it was.

Then Blizzard changed it, so people who wanted to be survival and ranged got pissed off.

The End

Didn't realize this is still brought up... well having fun on my survival alt for sure, yeah ranged survival was fun but melee it feels like a breath of fresh air to me. And the changes for BFA are a step up for sure from Legion, cause they fucked that one up for sure.

SV generally had more utility than any other spec, back when utility meant something. Aside from a great raid buff back in TBC it also was the only spec in the entire game that could cc 3 targets at once and could tank a forth with your pet. Nowadays both cc and utility in general seem to be a far less concern to Blizzard as healers are just supposed to heal, tanks tank and dps goes pew pew till the boss is dead.

As for SV just being MM with a different rotation, well all a frost mage is is a fire mage with a different rotation. SV was (from WotLK on) the spec based on elemental damage vs physical for the other two specs. It was also the most mobile spec, with absolutely nothing to slow it down in a movement fight. Now it could have been a bit more unique and it was actually heading that way in WoD. Now was it there yet? No but it was a good start. I had suggested a few ways that Blizzard could have progressed the spec to a full fledged dot spec, along with some unique mechanics to separate it from the other specs (at that time).

As for tearing apart all dps specs, well you would have had better luck back when Blizzard actually made people do things like cc, kite, do things like pet tank or evasion tank mobs. Now as I said earlier raids in particular have become nothing but dps races to beat enrage timers. Many of the unique mechanics you had in early raids like in MC and BWL have all vanished, but that time is long gone. That was the time where you could make specs more unique and offer more to a team than how much dps they can do.