Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    why would a ranger/hunter? monk? etc

you can say the same for everything.

the only thing i can think of is that sylvanas essentially claimed all the horde death knights she could and they likely couldnt live in silvermoon due to the light harming undead. simply being in quel'thalas again would likely put a death knight in constant pain so they probably never even got the chance to join the void elves group
    Ranger and Hunter are two very different things. Sylvanas is not a hunter.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Thanks! I admit it was a little rushed. I just feel like we could take the Monk experience and blend it with DKs, as the Monk leveling experience was actually one of my favorite parts about it. It went much more smoothly than other classes, and had actual rewards and things you could get. Lore-wise it's not even a very big stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    sylvanas isnt a ranger, shes a dark ranger.

a ranger is always a hunter but a hunter isnt always a ranger.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Hunter is class avaliable for players wich is average (or Arithmetic mean) of any ranged weapon using class. Same as rogue is mix or thief, assasin, spy, ninja, outlaw, pirate, duelist. And warrior - berserker, blademaster, solder, gladiator.

If goblin and worgen can be dk i dont know why the rest can't.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lots of allied races do make perfect sense as DKs. Nightborne and Highmountain especially since we know Arthas as the Lich King spent plenty of time in the broken isles. Hell, there is a Highmountain Tauren already in the ranks of the Ebon Blade. (Wonder if blizz will change his model to give him the moose horns of his namesake)

sylvanas isnt a ranger, shes a dark ranger.

a ranger is always a hunter but a hunter isnt always a ranger.
    Wrong......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    Hunter is class avaliable for players wich is average (or Arithmetic mean) of any ranged weapon using class. Same as rogue is mix or thief, assasin, spy, ninja, outlaw, pirate, duelist. And warrior - berserker, blademaster, solder, gladiator.
    .... and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I want Undead Pally in the worst way. a Reanimated Scarlet Crusader or something like that, would be great.
    same here, the Paladin that suffers in pain to uphold his faith. I dig the idea and I'd love an Undead in some classic Paladin armor. Dayglow Undead ftw

Only dark Iron make sense lore wise really

Wrong......

- - - Updated - - -

.... and wrong.
    and how exactly am i wrong? how in anyway is a petless hunter not a ranger? especially when there are you know, rangers in the hunter class hall?

sylvanas USED TO BE a ranger, shes a dark ranger and a banshee now
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

and how exactly am i wrong? how in anyway is a petless hunter not a ranger? especially when there are you know, rangers in the hunter class hall?

sylvanas USED TO BE a ranger, shes a dark ranger and a banshee now
    But a Ranger is not a Hunter and a Hunter is not a Ranger. Hunters will never be like Sylvanas. The fanboys need to let the dream go.

But a Ranger is not a Hunter and a Hunter is not a Ranger. Hunters will never be like Sylvanas. The fanboys need to let the dream go.
    sylvanas is not a ranger....

she USED TO BE A RANGER

Wrong......

- - - Updated - - -

.... and wrong.
    care to explain exactly why i am wrong? because you said so? then where is our chasses like: Ranger, archer, assasin, thief, duelist, etc.?

sylvanas is not a ranger....

she USED TO BE A RANGER
    All the Sylvanas fanboys playing female Blood Elf, will never be Sylvanas, cause Sylvanas is not a hunter.

All the Sylvanas fanboys playing female Blood Elf, will never be Sylvanas, cause Sylvanas is not a hunter.
    why do you keep talking about sylvanas? nobody even mentioned her but you.

why do you keep talking about sylvanas? nobody even mentioned her but you.
    Probably because we're in the DK forum and her more vocal fanboys tend to play female Belf DKs, or at least post as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Probably because we're in the DK forum and her more vocal fanboys tend to play female Belf DKs, or at least post as them.
    yeah but he keeps talking about rangers not being hunters which is like trying to say blood knights will never be paladins because theyre just fanboys who wanna be arthas

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    If goblin and worgen can be dk i dont know why the rest can't.
    Something something they were around when the original starter zone happened. The worgen are cannonical the wild worgen around arugal's castle and the goblins are random goblins captured from other cartels.

Which is why Dark Iron and Zalandari at least should work. They are the ones that were around. You could argue that Zalandari have sailed far and wide and some got captured, same for Dark Iron, they were just some that got captured by the scourge somehow. Both is a bit of revisionist history obviously but still plausible. Pandas were only represented by a single one which is chen outside of the wandering isles and Pandaria. Kul Tirans are also sailors, they should be able to become DK's as well I guess, especially given their proximity to the eastern kingdoms. Nightborne would be a stretch, there were plently exiled ones before and we know arthas was on the broken isles, I'm actually surprised they didn't use that at all. Orcs, Highmountain, LFDraenei, Belf make hardly any sense, even though the last actually bothers me. I'd like them as a plan B if I ever switch sides and want to look less goofy than damn night elf males.. I guess you could argue it somehow, that you were accidently home while the other's messed with the void, but that is kinda rubbish and even I acknowledge that.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-04-06 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Something something they were around when the original starter zone happened. The worgen are cannonical the wild worgen around arugal's castle and the goblins are random goblins captured from other cartels.

Which is why Dark Iron and Zalandari at least should work. They are the ones that were around. You could argue that Zalandari have sailed far and wide and some got captured, same for Dark Iron, they were just some that got captured by the scourge somehow. Both is a bit of revisionist history obviously but still plausible. Pandas were only represented by a single one which is chen outside of the wandering isles and Pandaria. Kul Tirans are also sailors, they should be able to become DK's as well I guess, especially given their proximity to the eastern kingdoms. Nightborne would be a stretch, there were plently exiled ones before and we know arthas was on the broken isles, I'm actually surprised they didn't use that at all. Orcs, Highmountain, LFDraenei, Belf make hardly any sense, even though the last actually bothers me. I'd like them as a plan B if I ever switch sides and want to look less goofy than damn night elf males.. I guess you could argue it somehow, that you were accidently home while the other's messed with the void, but that is kinda rubbish and even I acknowledge that.
    you even don't need to argue about sailing Zandalari.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Yojamba_Isle
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zim%27Torga
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dubra%27Jin

Only thing wich needed for zandalari is "why he joined the horde before zandalari empire itself". Done with dialogue during quest where DK kill prisoner. "You won't be wecomed in our home. Go away... find redemption... maybe you can try your luck with so called Horde". Maybe add 1 (if needed) more quest where DK make deal with Bwonsamdi who let him exists if DK will vanquish arthas who raising dead wich... not please Bwonsamdi. And i am not even f**ked the lore. Bwonsamdi love to make deals. So he will better see 1 Undead exists (who will still "die" someday) instead Lich king.

About BElfs. well - they are near. and part of them (Koltira in example) died before Sunwell destruction. So they make sense. (or you mean Void elves?)
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-04-08 at 07:14 PM.

I ment Velf before they became that. Essentially you'd have to be a DK already if we really want to go by the old starting zone (despite us massproducing knights of the ebon blade all expansion long...) and just get dragged down with the other fools as well when they messed with the void. Essentially it would have to be the other way around, usually we go by

race available -> become DK class,

in the case of Velf it would have to be

aleady Belf w/ DK class -> got racially turned to be a Velf.

I mean I RP my Nightelf mage soaking too much Souls during the Gul'dan encounter (which was the sad truth back then..), essentially falling into the nightwell and becoming a nightborne husk and being cured later, so I'd have no issues with Velf DK personally (as I said, I'd like one as an alliance Backup should I ever change mains) but it is without precedent.

Elves in wow are extremely mouldable by macic as we've seen, so I think it would't matter too much, I think the biggest issue is the technical problems with the higher starting level and getting the armor (just disable it) and all the lore stuff is just an excuses tbh. The starting experience of any allied race is non-canon, that is the biggest non argument out there tbh. If we are honest, all allied races should need to start at level 110, but then blizzard couldn't make money with selling boosts .