Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hopefully never. Not every race in the game has to be playable.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Making Sethrakk Alliance would be a great way to dispell the idea that Blizz is half-assing the Alliance content.
    Last edited by Khirok; 2018-03-17 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Check out the most recent Q&A interview with Ion. Either you can call one of the lead developers a liar, or you can believe him. I'm not saying that they won't be an allied race in the future, but as of right now, they have not been planning to make them one. The currently intended allied races are (Horde) Nightborne, Highmountain, Zandalari, Mag'har Orcs, (Alliance) Dark Iron Dwarves, Void Elves, Lightforged Draenai, Kul'tiran Humans.

Don't hate me, but it goes back to classic literary symbolism. The thing about the Alliance is that they're supposed to be noble, righteous, unified. Even their "savage" members, the worgen, still exemplify these traits. The Worgen aren't reveling in their savage new natures; as the intro quests and some of the npc comments support, they actively suppress the feral side of themselves. Not only that, but wolves have a noble imagery and a group mentality/symbolism.

Snakes, on the other hand, evoke the VERY traditional Judeo-Christian imagery of the snake in Eden (even if you aren't religious, the power of religion has permeated our literary history). Snakes are symbolically treacherous and dangerous. This doesn't pair very well the unified front of the Alliance.

Sure, you could try and add them to the Alliance to stir up some conflict, but then you erase the faction identity and distinctiveness. In essence, you really just start re-creating the infighting that is characteristic of the Horde.

I never said they were xenophobic. I only said that the Alliance didn't know better -- i.e., they didn't do their homework. And to be completely honest, I don't think the power structure of the Sethrak would necessarily be easier to relate to. If they didn't do their homework, they're probably making basic assumptions about everything. They probably thought the Blood Trolls were just like the Darkspear and other trolls they had been fighting for years, but of a faction that might be open to peaceful negotiations. And the Blood Trolls were open to negotiations and peaceful relations with the Alliance. . . . it's just that the Alliance really isn't up for human sacrifice.

This actually opens up to my own theory on the matter. Disclaimer: This is a personal theory of mine and as such is purely speculation. There are a LOT of customizations around for Vulpera, and a few more for Sethrak. They're not currently being designed to be released as Allied Races as of the moment because neither race is, plot-wise, suitable for the Alliance (remember, theory). So Blizzard is preparing them in the background, as it were, and will be "sitting" on them for a bit. Then, when later content is released, they might have new races available as part of the plot that WILL be more suitable for the Alliance, and then they release another four races at once.

Right now, everyone is focused entirely upon what we know at this moment. What we don't know is what happens in later patches. Think of something like Broken Shore, but involving the Old Gods (most likely). It might be possible that they've taken the player suggestion and came up with a "redeemed" variant of naga or something like that which have regained their legs, but are still possibly cursed (or something like that). Or maybe a Light-mutated version of faceless. Or Arrakoa. Use your imagination kind of thing.

That's probably the best thing I can think of that would explain why they would add all the additional extras, but not everything, and not come out and say that they're releasing them as an Allied Race, when asked as to what races are going to be allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not going to lie. All of your pictures are adorable. I really want to see Worgen as puppies now and your interpretation of Arrakoa.
    And at the last interview the Allied races confirmed were DKI, Zandalari and AU orcs were mentioned...things change all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Take off the head and the tail and it is literally the female worgen walk.

The draenei walk keeps the hooves closer together.
    No, it isn't. You can literally look at them side by side thanks to model viewers. The Female Draenei's feet remain the same distance apart from each other as they walk, whereas the Worgen female's feet overlap each other as one foot steps partially in front of the other. The Worgen female has noticeable finger flexing as the arms swing, where as the female draenei's is more relaxed akin to the sethrak's. On Female Worgen, the lower part of the leg/foot has a slower movement, whereas the female draenei and sethrak's is faster. The back "heel" joint on female Worgen bobs up and down as as it moves back, the sethrak and draenei's do not.

Even then, there's no walk cycle completely identical to the Sethrak's, even smaller details such as sethrak having toe animations that no other race has. Their swim idle matches no other race's either. I'm not sure if these unique animations help or hurt the case for future Sethrak, but to say it's literally the female worgen walk is observably false.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aritos View Post
    No, it isn't. You can literally look at them side by side thanks to model viewers. The Female Draenei's feet remain the same distance apart from each other as they walk, whereas the Worgen female's feet overlap each other as one foot steps partially in front of the other. The Worgen female has noticeable finger flexing as the arms swing, where as the female draenei's is more relaxed akin to the sethrak's. On Female Worgen, the lower part of the leg/foot has a slower movement, whereas the female draenei and sethrak's is faster. The back "heel" joint on female Worgen bobs up and down as as it moves back, the sethrak and draenei's do not.

Even then, there's no walk cycle completely identical to the Sethrak's, even smaller details such as sethrak having toe animations that no other race has. Their swim idle matches no other race's either. I'm not sure if these unique animations help or hurt the case for future Sethrak, but to say it's literally the female worgen walk is observably false.
    .... huh. You're right! I apologize.

That is the Draenei walk, modified slightly for the Sethrak model. A case of animation retargeting combined with some model-specific changes.

The point stands, though, that they are using recycled, and modified, animations. Which would be pretty cool to see in player hands!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

.... huh. You're right! I apologize.

That is the Draenei walk, modified slightly for the Sethrak model. A case of animation retargeting combined with some model-specific changes.

The point stands, though, that they are using recycled, and modified, animations. Which would be pretty cool to see in player hands!
    Indeed, the recycling of combat animations is a positive sign towards them I'd say. It's fine for Allied Races to have unique walk, swim, run animations as we see this with Zandalari (to a lesser degree) and Kul Tirans. We don't really know how Blizzard is approaching these in terms of work and uniqueness. We could definitely see a difference in effort when it comes to these races in terms of animations etc.

They are certainly making a lot of unique animations for things you might not normally expect a simple NPC race to do such as using items/crafting. At the very least it'll make it easier if they decide down the road to make them player races. If anything it's laying the ground work as they can always go over them and update them to ways that would better suit an allied race (like how vulpera were in a very rough stage until the next build that really brought them up to higher standards and features, and are still getting additions to this day. Currently they could have just created the base Sethrak with enough variations to make due for their role as enemies, and will later update them similarly.)

Time to draw the battle!

Quote Originally Posted by pompup View Post
    time to draw the battle!
    go get him!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    i rly can't sympathize with the alliance when the players( not all of then) want to fuck up with their own faction by not wanting a cool, awesome and unique race like the sethrak.

Vulpera+ sethrak would be the best combo after ogre+vrykul, it need to happens
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-03-17 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i rly can't sympathize with the alliance when the players( not all of then) want to fuck up with their own faction by not wanting a cool, awesome and unique race like the sethrak.

Vulpera+ sethrak would be the best combo after ogre+vrykul, it need to happens
    Who the heck doesn't want Sethrakk?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khirok View Post
    Who the heck doesn't want Sethrakk?
    some weird people who think they don't combine with the alliance, cause alliance = pretty good guys

Alliance Races = Races that were in conflict with someone of the Horde.

Shure, there are a couple of exception like Dark Irons and LF Draenei, but those joined having the same race already in the faction(Dwarf and Draenei) and Pandaren joined both factions for reasons.

If a race was in conflict with the Horde, they have a higher chance of being Alliance.Which the Sethrakk so far, did had conflict with the Horde.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by PomPup View Post
    Time to draw the battle!
    Battle? That's foreplay to an orc. . . . (You know you guys were thinking it too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Battle? That's foreplay to an orc. . . . (You know you guys were thinking it too!)
    You did see that there was blood on that Sethrak's blade right, to be honest, I believe it is imbedded in his chest

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    You did see that there was blood on that Sethrak's blade right, to be honest, I believe it is imbedded in his chest
    Shallow cuts make it sexier?

I dunno.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPup View Post
    Time to draw the battle!
    Hopefully that scenario will never happen. At least with the colors the Sethrak has

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    Hopefully that scenario will never happen. At least with the colors the Sethrak has
    Your hope is probably very badly placed based on what has been seen in this thread alone

- - - Updated - - -

Shallow cuts make it sexier?

I dunno.
    That's called masochism

Edit; also you'd think a cut where that blade is would be fatal

10+ Year Old Account
    Your hope is probably very badly placed based on what has been seen in this thread alone

- - - Updated - - -

That's called masochism

Edit; also you'd think a cut where that blade is would be fatal
    If you say so! I have a fervent belief that the Alliance are counting their chickens too soon. Assumptions rather than actual fact, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    If you say so! I have a fervent belief that the Alliance are counting their chickens too soon. Assumptions rather than actual fact, and all that.
    Well perhaps the delivery truck came early with the chickens, not sure that makes absolute sense but you probably get the point

10+ Year Old Account
    Well perhaps the delivery truck came early with the chickens, not sure that makes absolute sense but you probably get the point
    You’re right it doesn’t make much sense, but I’ll give you an A for effort