Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Bad Expansion - Next one will be great?

Since Cataclysm, it seems every odd expansion has been bad, and the ones immediate before or after have been considered very good.

Wrath (good) -> Cataclysm (bad) -> Pandaria (good) -> WoD (bad) -> Legion (good) -> BfA (bad) -> ??? (good)

I suppose the reason for this could be them pumping out expansions much faster than before. Maybe the better ideas just take longer to work on. So I'm wondering, what would make the next expansion great for you? What made the previous ones good for you? I personally loved Cataclysm, but I'm a huge fan of dragon lore.

I'm looking for something to be monumental in the next expansion... like a 3rd faction being added.

BfA is not bad. It is not the best, but certainly not bad. Haters hate because they cannot handle that the devs played it safe and kept most systems from Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    BfA is not bad. It is not the best, but certainly not bad. Haters hate because they cannot handle that the devs played it safe and kept most systems from Legion.
    Pretty much this. I guess they'll be more innovative with the next-expansion though
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

I would like to make sure that you understand you're making it sound like your opinion is a fact. It's not, since I and many people think BFA is a good expansion. Also since BFA has only been out for a few months and we have no idea what kind of stuff may still be released, it seems silly to yet draw conclusions. Who knows what kind of cool stuff will still be added.

That said, I do understand you may not like the current state but that's still an opinion.

Anyways, what I would like to see in WoW is the unique realm first achievements again. Obtaining those titles I always found cool and it gave me a great feeling to get them.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Guaranteed that when this expansion ends it'll retroactively be considered great. This is no different to when people were constantly shitting on pandaria, and this is no different to when people were constantly shitting on legion.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    *In your opinion*. In aaaalot of other peoples opinion its the worst its ever been. Just because you're having fun doesn't mean the game is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also we aren't even close to being done with this expac we have literally just gotten started. The way 8.1 and 8.2 go are going to be huge factors in deciding how well the expansion will end up being received
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    *In your opinion*. In aaaalot of other peoples opinion its the worst its ever been. Just because you're having fun doesn't mean the game is great.
    Fuck, the GCD alone is like the worst change they've made to the game since the removal of activated hard modes.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not good but not that bad either. I still see WoD worse, and Cata is just around the same rank. MoP/Wrath/Legion is the top 3.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Guaranteed that when this expansion ends it'll retroactively be considered great. This is no different to when people were constantly shitting on pandaria, and this is no different to when people were constantly shitting on legion.
    It's cause the start of expansion suck really hard. It's always the most fun at the end when classes are more balanced, fun set bonuses/trinkets are in play. Also secondary stats are very high, making lots of specs really feel good to play.
    Legion was so fucking shit at start, and it completely burned me out chasing a specific legendary. Not to mention how people farmed MoS to death. At the end though, we had tons of fun with our artifact weapon, crucible powering it up even further, set bonuses, legendary for every situation and just felt like gods. It was great.

BfA? It still struggles with being at start, but it seems worse then that, cause azerite powers right now really suck, and we have no legendary, no set bonuses, no artifact weapon. We just feel incredible naked and dull, and content doesn't matter if it's shit to play through. Dungeons and raids are well done, and I think it will be fun later on. I really look forward to some of the traits that are on my spec, but those are in 8.1, and I already feel wow fading away from my mind. I don't feel like leveling alts either, cause their equally boring in their simple combat state.

And just because 'you' are not having a good time, doesn't mean BFA is bad.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of the last 6-7 months, I liked Cata. It was pretty fun. Dragon Soul just lasted way too long

The end or evolution of the faction conflict would make the next expansion better for me. I enjoy the local zone stories, but the underlying goal of the narrative is to resolve this conflict. We're almost certainly not going to best the villain of this expansion because that villain is the other faction, and I don't see Blizzard just eradicating half their player base.

I'm not huge on azerite and some classes feel a bit slow, but i'm still really enjoying this expansion. There's things about every expansion that I dislike or don't agree with, this is no different; I still enjoy the core game just as much.

What else even matters lol?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the main issue at the moment is to have half decent and steady servers, and ones that don't crash every 10 minutes..

15+ Year Old Account
    BfA is pretty bad.
    It gave us nothing. Recycled old races with new colors locked behind old content. New races behind massive reputation grind. New zones (good ones though). No new classes. A questionable story.
    So wtf did we get? Jack shit and a cock up our ass.
    Only fanboys would defend Blizzard on this lame ass attempt at an expansion. Good thing I got it for free, too bad I spent €15 on one month I played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even 3 months, we haven't even had the first major content patch yet and people have completely written the expansion off.

Yes there are issues, yes there are things that really need sorting out. But BFA is not a bad expansion, especially when you compare it to Cataclysm or WoD.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Yep, pretty much this. The azerite system has soms proplems but I do think they are been blown out of proportion a bit. I think because artifact weapons were so loved by almost everybody, whatever the replacement was would have been hated.

Deleted
    Blizzard plays a game of resources. If one raid uses brand new assets and has a lot of work put into it, the next one will be lackluster and use assets that are easy to create.

Also, see my signature.