Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Has anyone of you even asked for clarification on all of this from Blizz?
    I mean talking about it here on MMO-C is not going to give you any real answers but on the official forums you might stand a small chance in hell that you get one even if it is one that will piss you off.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Has anyone of you even asked for clarification on all of this from Blizz?
    I mean talking about it here on MMO-C is not going to give you any real answers but on the official forums you might stand a small chance in hell that you get one even if it is one that will piss you off.
    what do you need clarification about?

Liadrin was patient and understanding, Tyrande was a cunt (tyrande has been a cunt since wc3)

They chose to side with the non-cunt.

Suramar was one of the biggest storytelling efforts they've ever done in game and players of both factions got attached to the characters. Even if Blizzard does eventually say that canonically the Horde are who killed Elisande/Gul'dan, it's understandable that Alliance players might feel a little betrayed. You can't really compare that to Lightforged and Void Elves considering the Argus story line is much less involved than Suramar and you mostly help Turalyon, Alleria, Illidan, and Velen. As much as I love them, the Lightforged characters you do meet are mostly forgettable and don't have anywhere close to the character building Thalyssra, Occuleth, Valtrois, Silgyrn, and the rest of the Nightborne had.

Aside from that, I don't think most (reasonable) people doubt that the nightborne have more in common with blood elves than they do night elves. The main problem is blood elves don't make up the bulk of the Horde and definitely don't lead it. It's hard to imagine Thalyssra and the gang being 100% cool with Sylvanas or at the very least seeming so gung-ho about serving her. If she showed some apprehension when she finally does meet/learn about Sylvanas, then I think most people would be a little more understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Allied races should've been neutral. It makes the most sense.
    ...Do you not know or remember the fallout from the Pandaren when MoP was current?

Also, Lorewise the current 6 Allied Races make perfect sense with their assigned factions. Nightborne included. They were the one faction that could have worked either way in my book. The Nightborne and Night Elves have too much of the wrong things in common for them to see eye to eye at the end of the day but you could easily say the same thing about them and the Blood Elves. But, the Nightborne picked the Horde over the Alliance so...yeah. One could easily argue the oppoite if they chose the Alliance over the Horde. One could argue they chose to reconnect with their ancestors and learn of what happened during their 10,000 years of isolation.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    So, did you just like... forget that there was two sides to this? Two people came to the rescue of this hypothetical person. One was an asshole, and one was empathetic to their situation. One didn't trust the stranded person, the other trusted and knew what it was like to be stranded.
    Not in lore, is it? In lore, isn't it just the player character whichever faction that character is?

As for the attitudes... you're projecting. AS Alliance there's no indication that my character didn't trust Thalyssra.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I think a better example would be you and a party of explorers find someone lost and sick and in need of assistance. You help while the others of your party give you snide jabs the entire trip about their dumb decision making and how stupid they must be while saving their life, with you doing the bulk of the work. You get back to civilisation and you ask them to come and hang out with you and your snide, rude friends. There's no way they would.
    Except this party you speak of DID NOT EXIST. None of the Horde or Alliance showed up until the end of the suramar campaign after I'd already helped Thalyssra save her people from the threat of withering and beaten back multiple threats.

That's why I phrased it like I did. Did you even play the suramar campaign?

These Neutral characters should do something to address their concerns of "I don't want to fight against old friends".
    Turning a blind eye to everything is very annoying in my view.

Something like stoping both sides from trying to kill each other in their surroundings at least.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Not in lore, is it? In lore, isn't it just the player character whichever faction that character is?

As for the attitudes... you're projecting. AS Alliance there's no indication that my character didn't trust Thalyssra.

- - - Updated - - -

Except this party you speak of DID NOT EXIST. None of the Horde or Alliance showed up until the end of the suramar campaign after I'd already helped Thalyssra save her people from the threat of withering and beaten back multiple threats.

That's why I phrased it like I did. Did you even play the suramar campaign?
    Regardless of your points, Thalyssra doesn't join the adventurer, she joins either the alliance or horde. What your character does is irrelevant in her decision of a faction, and guess what, one emissary was more welcoming to the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Regardless of your points, Thalyssra doesn't join the adventurer, she joins either the alliance or horde. What your character does is irrelevant in her decision of a faction, and guess what, one emissary was more welcoming to the other.
    You... utterly missed the point. She only knows of my faction via her interactions with me and it makes zero sense for her to be helped over a period of weeks or months by an Alliance aligned adventurer so much only for her to take offense at Tyrande's attitude at the end and make a faction decision based on that.. Go read my earlier post. I'm done repeating points for people who can't or won't read.

Look, the reason the Nightborne are Horde has NOTHING to do with the lore or what happened in game. Not one thing. It's entirely because they wanted to give both factions a new elven allied race and if VEs were going to the Alliance, Nightborne HAD to go to Horde. Any reasoning about it is simply an excuse for that.
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-02-10 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    You... utterly missed the point. She only knows of my faction via her interactions with me and it makes zero sense for her to be helped over a period of weeks or months by an Alliance aligned adventurer so much only for her to take offense at Tyrande's attitude at the end and make a faction decision based on that.. Go read my earlier post. I'm done repeating points for people who can't or won't read.

Look, the reason the Nightborne are Horde has NOTHING to do with the lore or what happened in game. Not one thing. It's entirely because they wanted to give both factions a new elven allied race and if VEs were going to the Alliance, Nightborne HAD to go to Horde. Any reasoning about it is simply an excuse for that.
    Except during Legion, your character didn't represented the Alliance, it represented the Class Orders.

The reasons why the Nightborne joined the Horde are purely diplomatic, that started in 7.2 and 7.3 with Liadrin and led to Thalyssra meet the Blood Elven leadership.

Everyone noticed how close Silgryn and Liadrin's views were during 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Except during Legion, your character didn't represented the Alliance, it represented the Class Orders.

The reasons why the Nightborne joined the Horde are purely diplomatic, that started in 7.2 and 7.3 with Liadrin and led to Thalyssra meet the Blood Elven leadership.

Everyone noticed how close Silgryn and Liadrin's views were during 7.3.
    heh.
    guy talks about me missing it and completely missed it.

I wonder if he noticed how sigryn and liadrin basically been hanging out since argus been out, while vereesa and alleria were discussing sylvanas?

*You* aren't the representative of the faction, the faction leaders are the representatives of the faction.
    She had a bad experience with a representative.
    She chose to not side with that representative.

Hope you can understand now. Your remedial af comprehension is tiring.

Also your previous post was stupid af and riddled with evidence of your poor general comprehension and grasp of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Yea, they wanted to go to Alliance first but Tyrande is and has always been our worst diplomat. There is a reason Staghelm before his corruption kept calling her out.

Oddly the Void Elves wanted to stay with Silvermoon and protect their people and the horde. Bad diplomacy yet again.
    It really is pretty simple people always talk shit about how this dsnt make sense or how can bad diplomacy exist. Fkn lol look at the past 100 years of our own human history fucking stranger things have happened in our real world politically than they have in WoW.

So try this then, look at the amount of blood elf support compared to the amount of night elf support. The night elves gave token support. They looked down and treated the nightborn poorly, regardless of the pc, the rest of the alliance sucked

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about who helped save Suramar.

It's about the fact that Tyrande was a bitch, whereas Liadrin was polite.

You get more friends by being polite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

kids on this forum won't understand that last line, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

This summed it up, both sides helped save Suramar like Raugnaut said Tyrande was a bitch and Liadrin was polite. Who would you go with? Any reasonable person would go with the polite person, not the one with a treant stuck up her ass >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexfu View Post
    A small investigation in to the story and lore will give you context. Sometimes its Horde cannon sometimes its Alliance cannon... In this case.....
    And this is the biggest problem that Blizzard has had forever, and they need to stop it. Do not make two sets of lore, one that we play through and one "Official". The official should always be what we play through story-wise. If there is out of story grind, that should be out of character mechanics, but when we follow a story-line through a zone, that should be canon always. Putting an 'official' version in a comic or book which changes how we played through content is wrong on every level. Bad Story telling, Bad Game design, bad use of time. If this keeps up WOW will end up in the realm of licensed games, which might be why it's no longer the biggest and best MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    And this is the biggest problem that Blizzard has had forever, and they need to stop it. Do not make two sets of lore, one that we play through and one "Official". The official should always be what we play through story-wise. If there is out of story grind, that should be out of character mechanics, but when we follow a story-line through a zone, that should be canon always. Putting an 'official' version in a comic or book which changes how we played through content is wrong on every level. Bad Story telling, Bad Game design, bad use of time. If this keeps up WOW will end up in the realm of licensed games, which might be why it's no longer the biggest and best MMO.
    But it still is the biggest and the best.
    There aren't 2 sets of lore either, there are 2 perspectives to a story (none of which apply to suramar, because the zone is done from a mostly neutral pov anyway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    But it still is the biggest and the best.
    Debatable on Best, and no where near the top spot numbers wise anymore, hence why Blizz no longer brags about WOWs numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Debatable on Best, and no where near the top spot numbers wise anymore, hence why Blizz no longer brags about WOWs numbers.
    se doesnt post numbers either so...?

During the Thalyssra introductory cinematic you can hear the music from Nordrassil (Cata) playing. That's some irony right there since she later is involved in burning down Teldrassil.... traitor.

And for what? Some snarky comment from Tyrande. Oh please.