Poll: What scenario is more plausible?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Saurfang and Anduin [Spoilers-Speculation?]

Will Saurfang pull a vol'jin and side with anduin to overthrow sylvanas as anduin said the war will not end until sylvanas is arrested. dont see how this makes sense when anduin himself is loading his, wrathion and everyone elses ass up with azerite in the alliance. he is set to meet anduin to "buy time" for the escape but really? oh really? while anduin is patrolling the streets? he's going to wait until they escape and speak of plans to overthrow sylvanas to honor his debt. this is bad for the storyline unless they plan to unite both factions into one.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Given that Saurfang only meets with Anduin during the escape as a means to give the Horde Champion, Rokhan, and Thalyssra a means to rescue Talanji and Zul I'd wager his loyalty remains to the Horde.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Since blizz tends to recycle story arcs and Sylvanas might already cause more mayhem in the beginning of BfA than Garroh over his entire reign I'd say there is a good chance Saurfang will break his vow and overthrow her.

he is a traitor.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

5+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang seems like a dude who is so anti alliance that he would rather put up with sylvanas instead of conspiring with the alliance, if it meant going against the horde in any way.

Deleted
    The faction conflict is so retarded at this point... The Alliance is headed by Anduin, a peace-lover, why would he fight people he knows aren't evil like Saurfang and especially Baine (with whom he has had special contact)?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Will Saurfang pull a vol'jin and side with anduin to overthrow sylvanas as anduin said the war will not end until sylvanas is arrested. dont see how this makes sense when anduin himself is loading his, wrathion and everyone elses ass up with azerite in the alliance. he is set to meet anduin to "buy time" for the escape but really? oh really? while anduin is patrolling the streets? he's going to wait until they escape and speak of plans to overthrow sylvanas to honor his debt. this is bad for the storyline unless they plan to unite both factions into one.
    Yeah i watched some alpha video's of help him escape bit. Find it a bit weird. He wants to talk with Anduin. Later Anduin is walking the streets. At the end of the video you do not see Saurfang back and Anduin is walking the streets.

Reasons why he side's with alliance:
    - he is keeping a eye on Sylanas. He does not trust her.
    - He looks with disgust at galliwax. He does not trust him.
    - He is a person of honor.
    - As far was we know things happen like this: Hord farms nuclear material > alliance fights them over it > hord burn tedrassil > alliance siege lorderaon > sylvannas poison gas ( something i think , not 100% sure is not a positive thing for hord. And do not forget what happened to saurfangs son) > he wants to die as warrior > gets captured > on release wants to talk to Anduin > is not seen after this. So maybe he thinks Anduin and Alliance act more Honorable.
    Aka not burning city's, bombing them with gas he hate's, etc?

Reasons why he wont:
    - He is a person of honor
    - He is loyal
    - he does things for the hord. So he rather die saving it from someone bad inside. Then join the alliance to destroy it.
    - Maybe his talk with Anduin was a diversion/you better back off talk?

I think Saurfang is the kind of Orc who tries to avoid war and talk with the enemy, but if everything goes south he is the guy you can count among the frontlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I think Saurfang is the kind of Orc who tries to avoid war and talk with the enemy, but if everything goes south he is the guy you can count among the frontlines.
    saurfang says himself hes no diplomat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given that Saurfang only meets with Anduin during the escape as a means to give the Horde Champion, Rokhan, and Thalyssra a means to rescue Talanji and Zul I'd wager his loyalty remains to the Horde.
    i hope so i honestly want saurfang and sylvanas to be friends im sick of warchief musical chairs when the alliance gets a leader every 7-10 years
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    saurfang says himself hes no diplomat
    He got the best shot at diplomacy right now, maybe only second to Baine. And he's aware of that.

Please let it be mind control.

Though I don't really see a point of Saurfang's "stalling", I really hope there's nothing going on between him and Anduin. He always striked me as a guy who would try to bring changes from within, not by plotting with opposing faction's leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    That'd be good way for me to save some money from this game if they do that. It'd show that they literally have no idea how to write the Horde and that they think that Humans, specificly Anduin is an actual perfect being to even have Saurfang turn his back on Orgrimmar.

Everyone else fighting for the Horde, and he leaves? Sylvanas has done nothing to hurt the Horde, she can't be ''Garrosh'' because she hasn't gone around rounding Darkspear trolls to shoot them behind the head. She hasn't gone around disrespecting and putting down the other Horde leaders and races, I'm not saying that she cares about them, I'm saying that she's not a moron, she'll always put the Horde first because it means her and the Forsaken's well being.

I'm obviously only talking about the first arc of BFA I don't know how things will go afterwards, maybe she'll learn to get closer to them, but as of right now, I don't like AT ALL this move that they are implaying with Saurfang. It could also implay that he cares more about his ''word'' and ''honor'' to a human, to Varian, than Orgrimmar, than the Orcs, than the Horde.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2018-02-09 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    The faction conflict is so retarded at this point... The Alliance is headed by Anduin, a peace-lover, why would he fight people he knows aren't evil like Saurfang and especially Baine (with whom he has had special contact)?
    How is fighting Saurfang / Baine retarded? Anduin might not want to fight them, but it doesn't mean he won't *have to* fight them. The Alliance can't let the Horde stock up on Azerite, and a war is clearly unavoidable after Teldrassil. Saurfang and Baine are both on Horde side, not showing any sign of wanting to stop Sylvanas yet and even acting as Horde's generals - what should Anduin do? Order his army to retreat everytime Baine / Saurfang shows up?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Everyone else fighting for the Horde, and he leaves? Sylvanas has done nothing to hurt the Horde, she can't be ''Garrosh'' because she hasn't gone around rounding Darkspear trolls to shoot them behind the head. She hasn't gone around disrespecting and putting down the other Horde leaders and races, I'm not saying that she cares about them, I'm saying that she's not a moron, she'll always put the Horde first because it means her and the Forsaken's well being.
    The bolded part is very subjective, though. One might say that the action of picking a fight / starting a war with the Alliance - a major one beyond all minor skirmishes that happened here and then from WoD until now - will hurt the Horde (and Alliance, but I don't think Saurfang care that much about the Alliance). Especially if he realized that Sylvanas is doing that for her (and possibly the Forsaken)'s own good instead of benefits for the Horde as a whole, viewing Horde's people as her shields or arrows instead of just people.

To clarify, I don't think that Saurfang will be against Sylvanas right now (or will ever be), but I won't be surprised if he found himself more accepting towards Anduin after the Battle for Lordaeron and willing to listen to what his views and goals of this war are - which might sow some seeds of doubt inside him.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-02-09 at 05:04 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Sylvarosh and Saur'Jin? Another bad Horde VS justice Alliance expansion. Those really make Horde players sick again.

I forget which happened first the burning of teldrasil or the invasion of lorderon?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Saurfang is the new Thrall
    Anduin is the new Jaine.

So both them will have a relation le ike Thrall and Jaina and talk about peace.

Hmm... I could actually see Saurfang thinking like this: Sylvanas bombs Teldrassil, it remind him of Garrosh bombing Theramore. Then using the plague in undercity... things sylvanas wouldnt be able to do before, she is able to do now cause she is a warchief.

For all we know, the alliance wants only sylvanas. Maybe if the horde and alliance could operate together against her, there would finally be peace. Until another warmonger rises lol.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    I think you've been too busy looking the other way dude. He's not been peace-loving for a while dude. You even see that in from the BfA cinematic with him fronting an army at Lordaeron. Like really, Pandaria was a while ago, he's past that now. Have you not tried the Alliance quests where you pick what faction to pursue first? Anduin literally states he is going against the Horde as they are a threat. All those previous ties you stated, are clearly severed or easy to speculate when we see Saurfang in the same cinematic charging towards Anduin after being rallied by Sylvanas.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-02-09 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    I have a theory: The Loa told Vol'jin to make Syvanas warchief cause they knew she would screw everyone on Azeroth up as hell, so all leaders decide it is time to unite once and for all to blast away Banshee Biatch and her f*** budddy Nathanos.
    <3 --> Peace, cookies and unicorns for all!

Don't take this too serious btw.