BFA Class Utility

*not all specs have access

10% = +stat buff
    5% = +dmg taken debuff

situational stuff:

ss = Spellsteal (yup DK has one in alpha)
    cc = long duration incaps
    (ignored single target stuns)

Monk is clearly missing something... Maybe Vers buff? DK could probably use a bit more too. The Leech party/raid buff in the Blizzcon BFA demo was kinda cool.

Paladin is questionable. Could keep Blessings spec unique, but only one per: Wisdom for Ret, Might for Prot, Kings for Holy? (keeping Legion versions but rebalancing as needed ofc)

Shiv used to dis-enrage, right? Could bring that back somehow. And, ofc, Shockwave for Warrior would be reasonable.

So what would you guys/gals like to see added?
    Last edited by ttylol; 2018-02-22 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post

10% = +10% int, +10% stam, +10% str&agi
    5% = +5% magic dmg taken, +5% phys dmg taken
    ss = Spellsteal (yup DK has one in alpha)
    cc = long duration incaps (but applicable targets vary widely so prob least relevant)

DH, DK, Monk, Rogue, and Warrior are clearly missing some combat utility. Priest and Paladin are questionable.

So what would you guys/gals like to see added?

I think Leech party/buff for DK would be interesting, like the Blizzcon BFA demo had.
    I think DK is fine due to mass grip. Maybe make it for all DK specs instead of only blood.

DH lost it's AoE stun in BfA?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPewGG View Post
    Yes, it's a disorient now.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewGG View Post
    It becomes a disorient.

Deleted
    Strong defensives are currently considered one of the strongest utilities ingame. Having 3 or 4 rogues solo soaking abilities is much more important in raids than anytging mentioned above. Also the reason why rogues are best melee in m+.

Tremor totem is irrelevant. So many bosses in m+ have big aoes oneshotting people at high m+ levels without defwnsives. Tremor totem is irrelevant because fear or sleep are non existant mechanics currently. The rare cases sleep exists are easily avoidable. Like BRH: you cant avoid getting oneshot by aoe without defensives, but you can always run out of sleep areas.

Mentioning weak or irrelevant cds (like spellsteal? Wtf?) and ignoring the super strong utility called survivability (one of the main reasons warlocks and rogues are sooooooo popular) makes the list at least misleading.

I like how you assume usefulness of utility based on the content we have now. Go ahead and tell me spellsteal wasn't useful in TBC(or tremor, for that matter). Also rogue is not the best melee in higher keys now, hello.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Mentioning weak or irrelevant cds (like spellsteal? Wtf?) and ignoring the super strong utility called survivability (one of the main reasons warlocks and rogues are sooooooo popular) makes the list at least misleading.
    I don't think I agree on spellsteal being weak or irrelevant. It's highly situational, yeah, but it can be a great boon if mobs have spellstealable large damage buffs.
    Depends on what kind of dungeons and raids we'll get in BfA.

Had this in mind while making the list:
    Another part of this approach involves working with our content design teams to collaborate on a world where quests, dungeons, and raids create opportunities for all different types of class strengths to shine. If we’re arming classes with distinct tools that provide powerful answers to different situations, it’s important that the game’s content provides a broad array of challenges that play into those different tools.
    So, yeah, I figured adding a new spellsteal implied it will be part of BFA's "broad array of challenges". But he's right, I should separate the almost-always-useful utility from the encounter-dependent utility. (Overall class survivability is a lot harder to quantify though.)

edit: updated 1st post
    Last edited by ttylol; 2018-02-22 at 01:16 PM.

Your all calling shit like enrage removal, fear removal, spellsteals etc. irrelevant and situational but thats only the case in today's world.

If Blizz are bringing these back, you can guarantee we're about to see a shit ton of AoE fear, enraging mobs and nasty npc buffs to purge in BfA content. These utilities suddenly become really valuable.

The change to stuns, making them mostly incapacitates is a good change too. Now AoE stuns require setup(cast times) or its a utility a certain class brings(giving them value) over others. The incapacitate can still be used for group interupts or to CC a group and single target down mobs while the rest are CC'd instead of just stacking aoe stuns back to back and zerging everything down mindlessly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Lau View Post
    I like how you assume usefulness of utility based on the content we have now. Go ahead and tell me spellsteal wasn't useful in TBC(or tremor, for that matter). Also rogue is not the best melee in higher keys now, hello.
    I am always referring to current content. And me (as shaman) can tell you: purge is irrelevant, spellsteal is marginally better. But far from "group utility".

Self healing of affliction warlocks is 100times better than any spell steal/purge ingame

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    Had this in mind while making the list:So, yeah, I figured adding a new spellsteal implied it will be part of BFA's "broad array of challenges". But he's right, I should separate the almost-always-useful utility from the encounter-dependent utility. (Overall class survivability is a lot harder to quantify though.)

edit: updated 1st post
    If every 4th boss had an aoe fear, yes, tremor would be great. But in Legion, there's not a single boss with fear, not even in m+. Some trash mobs have fear, but they are interruptable (by stuns, interrupt or disorient etc). Additionally tremor has to be used before you are feared, so even worse.

Of course you could make content where spell steal etc are important. But they are at best veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery situational contrary to defensives and self healing, aoe stuns, single target stuns etc. which ALWAYS contribute to your groups/raids success.

Shroud is a strong utility in m+ and i can tell you for sure: by design, having shroud will help you skip difficult packs.It's raid use is non existent, but at least they can always rely on their strong defensives for raids.

I mean currently noone would pick a shaman for purge (yes, it is close to spellsteal if there were any important debuffs) as would a DK.

A DK is another great example: make bosses where every add is grip immune -> grip is irrelevant. Make a boss like Aggaramar and you want 2 blood DKs and 1 DPS DK.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2018-02-22 at 06:56 PM.

Great charts dude

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Lau View Post
    Tbh I run keys with 2 Windwalkers (including myself), and a mage as dps and we absolutely smash. I haven't run a key with rogues in ages.

Don't monks get legacy of the emporer back in BfA?