Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Set a limit for ilvl on first two weeks of mythic release?(suggestion)

Why just not set a limit on high ilvl you can be the first two weeks of a mythic raid release. Make it slightly higher the second week than the first tho. The point to farm heroic raids endlessly to get better gear is removed and everyone or at least the top guilds will be on a equal playing field. This wouldn't affect most "normal" guilds since those guilds wouldn't even hit the ilvl roof.

This could obviously be tweaked, but i think that this would be a better option than to remove master loot since this change would mostly affect those at the very top anyway.

So what do you think, Y/N?

As they said on the Q&A, removing master looter would not be done because of 1% raiding. So coming up with alternative solutions for how to prevent 1% raiders from being crazy will not get you the desired result of mater looter staying in the game.

But it`s a pretty solid idea on its own anyways, I think. Only downside I see is that this takes some of the fun away from being one in a million lucky the first week. Which I guess, is not thaat important, because you get to feel awesome a week later.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Just limit the number of attempts per week. Enough with the gearing and high end mythic guilds outcry.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    As they said on the Q&A, removing master looter would not be done because of 1% raiding. So coming up with alternative solutions for how to prevent 1% raiders from being crazy will not get you the desired result of mater looter staying in the game.

But it`s a pretty solid idea on its own anyways, I think. Only downside I see is that this takes some of the fun away from being one in a million lucky the first week. Which I guess, is not thaat important, because you get to feel awesome a week later.
    Yeah ok, guess i missed that. But i'm not that concerned about it, more that if the 1% was the reason this might bring ML back. This was more about making the world first race more interesting by removing the split farming runs and thus making more ppl enjoy participating in the race. Could also make it easier for blizzard to balance raids since you know the ilvl guilds will be at max when racing for world first. Most of the top guilds have been way above the ilvl they designed the first bosses for because of split runs for example.

What are you trying to accomplish? You'll still be months behind the top guilds because they have better players and they put more effort in. But why does it matter? Why do you need to slow them down? I don't get it. World first raids have never been that interesting in WoW ... people you don't know beat bosses at some point in time and then you hear about it when it happens. It's not a soap opera and you can't even watch it as it happens. Whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monchwow View Post
    Just limit the number of attempts per week. Enough with the gearing and high end mythic guilds outcry.
    Don't think it'll fix the entire problem.
    Instead of boosting 1 character for Mythic Week, they'll require you to have 3-4 alts ready for Mythic Week in order to see bosses on alts and then go in with everyone knowing exactly what to do (mains).

Assuming you can only wipe X times a week on first weeks, no matter which boss you on, they'll work out something like this:
    - Alt 1 will 1 shot 1st boss, will 3-4 shot 2nd boss, will 6-7 shot 3rd boss;
    - Alt 2 will 1 shot 1st boss, 1-2 shot 2nd boss, 3-4 shot 3rd boss;
    - Alt 3 will 1 shot 1st boss, 1 shot 2nd boss, 1-2 shot 3rd boss;
    - Alt 4 will 1 shot 1st boss, 1 shot 2nd boss, 1 shot 3rd boss (no wipes so far);

If they make X amount of wipes per boss (instead of lockout), they'll work out something similar to this in order to have more attempts in per week.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

I think taking away master looter is a good first step. Next should be ToS violation for split runs or anything resembling. Heavily policed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    What are you trying to accomplish? You'll still be months behind the top guilds because they have better players and they put more effort in. But why does it matter? Why do you need to slow them down? I don't get it. World first raids have never been that interesting in WoW ... people you don't know beat bosses at some point in time and then you hear about it when it happens. It's not a soap opera and you can't even watch it as it happens. Whatever.
    I'm not trying to slow them down neither am i trying to catch up with them. Having a healthy world first race is actually good for the game, even if you don't care much about it, it does bring A LOT of buzz to the game. It's like following your favorite teams in a sport. And so many people are quitting the world first race because of the insane farm required in Legion, like having to do 6 split runs each week and gear 6 characters.

So what i'm trying to achieve would be to make the top guilds not need to do the split runs and hopefully keep those guilds alive because they can focus more on the progress raid than gearing 5 alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Instead of boosting 1 character for Mythic Week, they'll require you to have 3-4 alts ready for Mythic Week in order to see bosses on alts and then go in with everyone knowing exactly what to do (mains).

Assuming you can only wipe X times a week on first weeks, no matter which boss you on, they'll work out something like this:
    - Alt 4 will 1 shot 1st boss, 1 shot 2nd boss, 1 shot 3rd boss (no wipes so far);

If they make X amount of wipes per boss (instead of lockout), they'll work out something similar to this in order to have more attempts in per week.
    Yes, limiting the amount of tries is not good since it actually PREVENTS you from playing the game. Setting a fixed ilvl doesn't do that, all it does is give the top guilds an even playing field without having to do 6x split runs each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I think taking away master looter is a good first step. Next should be ToS violation for split runs or anything resembling. Heavily policed.
    But why? How does it hurt 99.9% of players if the 0.1% wants to run the same raid 10 times every week? Might as well put a 4h gametime limit per day because there are people that spend the entire day in wow.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    But why? How does it hurt 99.9% of players if the 0.1% wants to run the same raid 10 times every week? Might as well put a 4h gametime limit per day because there are people that spend the entire day in wow.
    Because it causes whining from that same .1% - Look at all of Legion. Blizzard designed it so that if you raid all tier long on Normal you might get one decent piece of gear from TF, if you raid Heroic all tier long you'll average 2-3~, but these idiots with no self control do split runs and the like to game the system and funnel gear, and then have the audacity to whine about everyone else. "Oh hur I got much more loot than I should have if I played the game in a non-exploitative manner, let me go cry on reddit/youtube/forums/etc about how unfair it is that the Heroic pleb gets a couple pieces of gear."

The whole problem with Mythic gear not feeling worthwhile was because of behavior like that, and the fix of the exploiters was "lol just gut the fun TF system." - Nah, it's a Mythic problem, and removing ML as a way to prevent split farming would help tremendously with that, or they could just give us template characters for Mythic raids so that gear wouldn't matter. Our problems need to be fixed, not by fucking it up for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post

I believe he was talking about limiting the ways you can run the same instance, aka - bosses sharing weekly reset over all difficulties, thus they can only clear it on Mythic and then be locked for loot that week on LFR/Normal/HC.
    So you get one chance on loot each week.
    I honestly don't get why it is like that allready. Would solve the "I feel forced to run the same raids on all difficulties because of the chance of TF items"-problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe set a limit on the play time per week? Arguably healthier haha.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    No. Just what I suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhodjin View Post
    Yeah ok, guess i missed that. But i'm not that concerned about it, more that if the 1% was the reason this might bring ML back. This was more about making the world first race more interesting by removing the split farming runs and thus making more ppl enjoy participating in the race. Could also make it easier for blizzard to balance raids since you know the ilvl guilds will be at max when racing for world first. Most of the top guilds have been way above the ilvl they designed the first bosses for because of split runs for example.
    no matter how you change the system the "1% players" as you call them will always quickly find the most expedient path to completion. it seems you want to devise some system that will make it "more fair" to people who can not put the time and effort into raiding that those other players do. it cannot be done. they will always be "better".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I believe he was talking about limiting the ways you can run the same instance, aka - bosses sharing weekly reset over all difficulties, thus they can only clear it on Mythic and then be locked for loot that week on LFR/Normal/HC.
    So you get one chance on loot each week.
    I honestly don't get why it is like that allready. Would solve the "I feel forced to run the same raids on all difficulties because of the chance of TF items"-problem.
    being able to run the same boss on multiple difficulties is a way to protect against bad rng. it only hurts the average player if you lock the bosses the way you are suggesting.

- - - Updated - - -

because they can focus more on the progress raid than gearing 5 alts.
    I feel you don't understand the purpose of split runs. It is to gear ONE alt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    TOS violation for doing nothing against the terms of service?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monchwow View Post
    It will slow down the guilds that usually complete said bosses before live release?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    no matter how you change the system the "1% players" as you call them will always quickly find the most expedient path to completion. it seems you want to devise some system that will make it "more fair" to people who can not put the time and effort into raiding that those other players do. it cannot be done. they will always be "better".

- - - Updated - - -

being able to run the same boss on multiple difficulties is a way to protect against bad rng. it only hurts the average player if you lock the bosses the way you are suggesting.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel you don't understand the purpose of split runs. It is to gear ONE alt.

- - - Updated - - -

TOS violation for doing nothing against the terms of service?

- - - Updated - - -

It will slow down the guilds that usually complete said bosses before live release?
    No it's not about that and if you read what i wrote you'd see that, it's more about protecting the high end players and keeping the world first race healthy enough to have more contenders than just two guilds. Guilds are dying because they can't find enough ppl willing to split farm and spend those hours.

No, split runs are to gear a few MAINS, you funnel all gear to a few chars. But you still need to have your alts to acceptable lvls aka you have to farm gear for your alts aswell, all 5 of them and your main.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is a 'problem' that Blizzard can fix because anything they do will impact more people than the problem does.

I'm fine with people not having limitations on what they can do but what I want is for Blizzard to stop tuning things around the top .1% who ruin their lives running 'compulsory' content (mythic plus, split raids, obscene AP/AZ farming). I do give a wet fart for the 'race', I want engaging content and that's it. If Method or whoever beat it in one reset, who gives a fuck.

People here claim they want 'freedom' when it comes to what content they can do, while in the next breath complaining that because there are no limits on how many M+ or world quests you can do that it is 'compulsory' to burn yourself out in order to be 'competitive'.

Make up your fucking mind.

Just open mythic first, then heroic week 2 or on same week.

The split runs happen mostly because people have nothing to do but that while waiting for mythic to open. Granted some do it the week after but without tier now, it should be less of a worry.

Deleted
    Just let people play how they want. If someone wants to play for a few hours per week and only do LFR - let them. If someone wants to do splitruns to max ilvl to try to race for world's firsts - let them.
    People always wanting to take things away from others when they don't affect them the slightest... sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post

Better luck next week. Worked fine in Vanilla and TBC. And I hardly doubt the average WoW player (or even raider) touches more than one difficulty each week.

Guess they could balance it out by having one more item drop per boss or what ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

It's like following your favorite teams in a sport.
    It's nothing like that at all. Not even close. I watch my favorite team actually play games. Raiding is not and will never be an esport and watching videos that Method (or whoever) chooses to release is nothing like watching an actual team sport which has superior accessibility and continuity.

And so many people are quitting the world first race because of the insane farm required in Legion, like having to do 6 split runs each week and gear 6 characters.
    You're stating your opinion as if it's a fact. I don't think the farm has anything to do with anything. Anyone with any real chance of being one of the top players in the entire world is going to play a crazy amount and do crazy things. These are basically full time gamers. It's not like Bob, with his 40 hour a week real job and other normal human interactions would beat Method if only it weren't for split raids that Method can do and he just doesn't have time for LOL!

The expansion is winding down and people aren't going to bust their asses to try to push Method with the advantage they built. You talk about this as a Legion problem but go back and look at prior expansions. This isn't the first time that the group which managed to break away from the pack ended up running the table.

Sorry that you're not getting your kicks in, but if they started to manage raiding so that world first races are central to the whole experience, I would probably quit playing.