Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Then make some friends. You aren't entitled to other peoples groups.
    Nobody said that they are.

I am just pointing out that the people who continually parrot "Make your own group" have pretty close to no idea what they are talking about. Making your own group only works in certain circumstances - basically if you have a key that doesn't suit the affixes of that particular week then nobody is going to bother joining it, since it's very easy to pick and choose the easiest dungeon for that week and only apply to those keys.

Making your own group worked fine when people were spamming M+ nonstop for AP. But at this stage in the expansion people are basically just looking to complete their weekly +15 as smoothly and easy as possible. If you have a 15 key of anything you'll fill the group really fast. But if you've got +13 fortified Arcway or Halls or something you might as well not even bother because nobody is interested in running a long difficult dungeon when you can just apply to whatever Upper Karazhan group shows up on Fortified week.

My advice to OP would be to look for groups with lower keys who say they are "pushing". If you get into that low key and +3 it and do a good job, you will more than likely be invited to stay to do the next key they get as well.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-02-13 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Nobody said that they are.

I am just pointing out that the people who continually parrot "Make your own group" have pretty close to no idea what they are talking about. Making your own group only works in certain circumstances - basically if you have a key that doesn't suit the affixes of that particular week then nobody is going to bother joining it, since it's very easy to pick and choose the easiest dungeon for that week and only apply to those keys.

Making your own group worked fine when people were spamming M+ nonstop for AP. But at this stage in the expansion people are basically just looking to complete their weekly +15 as smoothly and easy as possible. If you have a 15 key of anything you'll fill the group really fast. But if you've got +13 fortified Arcway or Halls or something you might as well not even bother because nobody is interested in running a long difficult dungeon when you can just apply to whatever Upper Karazhan group shows up on Fortified week.

My advice to OP would be to look for groups with lower keys who say they are "pushing". If you get into that low key and +3 it and do a good job, you will more than likely be invited to stay to do the next key they get as well.
    Or just make your own group. Spam trade for people. Sometimes people with a proper key will join you. Use your guild. Pay for runs if you have to do so.

Every time I see a whine thread like this, I will log into the game and see a few of those group OP is talking about. But its never all of them.

Even if OP was correct, they should just go raise their iLvl instead of whining like a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny, I brought in 970 hunter into my +15 and I completely annilated them on my 945 WW monk. My 970 hunter (we were near even at the end) friend also was wondering wtf was going on with that nub.

they need to get rid of item level and gearscores in every possible way. if you fuck your key up because you took a shitter, then suck it up champ its part of the game.

its time the "elite" suffered like the people who have things to do in real life.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Care to re-read that?

Here, I'll even quote it a second time for you.

Now explain to me, where exactly in that definition it says I have to concern myself with ilevel? Can we not work in a well-organized and competent way without having ilevel?

And just for the record, it is exactly what I do. And thus far I have never missed a +2 unless pushing above a +10. As I mentioned some time ago, which you would have read if you actually read my posts instead of ignoring them, of course I'd take a 950 dps if I had two dps signed up and 1 slot and the choice was between 910 and 950. I would not, however, wait for a 950 DPS if I already had a 910 DPS signed up. At no point have I been talking about DPS. I am a healer - A holy pally - And I have been denied +10s that were missing a healer which then sat in the que for another 20-30 minutes after the fact waiting for a healer.

If 'efficiency' was the concern, these kinds of groups are the furthest thing from them. We could have run the dungeon and started a second if they had actually invited me, but they didn't want a 910 healer apparently.
    Funny that you tell me to re-read it and then proceed to re quote it. Well-organized and competent, pretty self explanatory. A well-organized and competent group is one where you know without a doubt that everyone in the group is a good player, just taking the first player that signs up does not make it well-organized or competent.

Yea you say you take 910s with you, but we all know you have only 950+ in a vast majority of your runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get declined/ignored for +15s as a 974 healer more often than accepted. All you can do sometimes is laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    It's funny, I brought in 970 hunter into my +15 and I completely annilated them on my 945 WW monk. My 970 hunter (we were near even at the end) friend also was wondering wtf was going on with that nub.
    Grats on pressing Fists of Fury a lot I guess. BM hunters have some of the worst AOE in the game. You should destroy him, even at a significant ilvl disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    they need to get rid of item level and gearscores in every possible way. if you fuck your key up because you took a shitter, then suck it up champ its part of the game.

its time the "elite" suffered like the people who have things to do in real life.
    Funny, I have a job and a kid. I don't have much time to play at all, really only play on weekends and sometimes when I find time to play on weekdays. Yet I have 3 characters at 960+ and a couple at ~950 that I haven't played on for a while now.

The "I have things to do in real life" excuse is really bad and just shows that you have no time management skills at all, or you are simply so bad at the game that you don't know what to do in the game to get anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Ye, shit like that happens because it's easy to get a high ilvl currently. So getting someone with high ilvl but completely unable to play his spec is possible. That doesn't mean you should start inviting 910 ilvl characters though, the likelyhood of a 910 ilvl player being bad is a lot higher than the likelyhood of a 970 ilvl player being bad. If you have 910 right now it's most likely because you dinged 110 a couple of hours ago, you are a returning player or you simply don't care about the game enough to gear up your character which likely means that you don't care enough to learn to play either.

With raider.io being a thing it's also much easier to weed out those that can't play, you shouldn't rely 100% on raider.io and you definitely shouldn't put a minimum score for +10s or even +15s but the score is good for comparing players. If you can choose between a 910 with 4k score on his main, a 910 with 0 score, a 950 with 0 score or a 950 with 2k score on that character, which one would you choose?

Personally I would either take the 950 with 2k score or the 910 with 4k score, in a case like that it depends on their classes and specs. If we still don't have a hero class in the group I would take the one that can bring hero, if we don't have a brez I would take that one and if we already have both of those I would probably take the one with the most utility like aoe stuns or the lock for his healthstones.

Sure, raider.io score can be bought so even if you take someone with 2k+ score it doesn't mean that they know how to play but it sure is a better chance that they know how to play compared to someone with nothing.
    Last edited by adamzz; 2018-02-14 at 12:46 AM.

At this point, I don't even trust 950s to actually do damage. All the people who have actually put effort into their character are at least 960 and the 950s are mostly bad. Sucks but it's how it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Or skip that trash of gameplay completely.
    Are you on a missionary crusade to convince everyone to stop playing WoW? lol.

Deleted

I would argue that scoring someone's gear is part of the game and has been since vanilla. Back in the day you just inspected someone and did a quick on the fly check. So now it has a number, it's still the same.
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2018-02-14 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Ye, shit like that happens because it's easy to get a high ilvl currently. So getting someone with high ilvl but completely unable to play his spec is possible. That doesn't mean you should start inviting 910 ilvl characters though, the likelyhood of a 910 ilvl player being bad is a lot higher than the likelyhood of a 970 ilvl player being bad. If you have 910 right now it's most likely because you dinged 110 a couple of hours ago, you are a returning player or you simply don't care about the game enough to gear up your character which likely means that you don't care enough to learn to play either..
    And this is such a shitty elitist mentality that is driving new players away. If someone new to the game dings 110 and then goes on to gear up, he will see that a +10 should be appropriate for his ilvl (910). But then, he cannot find a group because of elitists like you and just quits because this community is toxic as hell. I think addons like raider.io should be banned.

I completely get being picky for challenging content, like a 20+, but for a +10 that you will roflstomp anyway? Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Grats on pressing Fists of Fury a lot I guess. BM hunters have some of the worst AOE in the game. You should destroy him, even at a significant ilvl disadvantage.
    Yeah I was fucking destroying him on st as well, guy. Was just a shit tier hunter .
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-02-14 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    When someone puts a grp finder up, there's typically 5-10 dps near instantly queing, why on earth would someone invite the 920, over the 950?
    How about Blizzard comes up with a less asinine way to get gear than relying totally on the goodwill of strangers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    And this is such a shitty elitist mentality that is driving new players away. If someone new to the game dings 110 and then goes on to gear up, he will see that a +10 should be appropriate for his ilvl (910). But then, he cannot find a group because of elitists like you and just quits because this community is toxic as hell. I think addons like raider.io should be banned.
    If someone new to the game dings 110, I would suggest they start lower than +10.
    They should first get more familiar with their class, learn each of the affixes and get basic familiarity with dungeons.

When I ding 110 on an alt, I don't expect random pugs to carry me in +10 either. Even having a high M+ score on main does not entitle me to this. Last time I dinged 110, I got my +2 key and pushed it towards +10 (weekly chest at the time), forming my own pug groups. If you have experience in M+, it's easy to get your key above +10 on the first day. And if you do not have enough experience for that, it's probably a good indicator that you should start a bit lower.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    If someone new to the game dings 110, I would suggest they start lower than +10.
    They should first get more familiar with their class, learn each of the affixes and get basic familiarity with dungeons.

When I ding 110 on an alt, I don't expect random pugs to carry me in +10 either. Even having a high M+ score on main does not entitle me to this. Last time I dinged 110, I got my +2 key and pushed it towards +10 (weekly chest at the time), forming my own pug groups. If you have experience in M+, it's easy to get your key above +10 on the first day. And if you do not have enough experience for that, it's probably a good indicator that you should start a bit lower.
    I'm just saying that you're a new player, you got to 110. After 2/3 weeks (new to the game, remember?) you get to roughly 910 ilvl. Ask some people around, check wowhead and see that the content you should be doing to get upgrades would be LFR (which you do but get only two pieces) and Mythic+ dungeons. Since +10 give you 915, you try to find a group for one and get refused by every group. You then try to make your own group to get your own key to +10. But then, it takes you hours to get people because they insta-leave when they check your ilvl/raider.io score. What will be your reaction? Most people will just cancel their sub right there.

The reality is the group finder allows people to get on a power trip. Hell, just looking at replies in this thread, it's baffling. The fun part is those people are the same ones complaining about powerful people taking advantage of them IRL. When they do exactly the same shit in-game.

Anyway, I just always hated the elitist mentality for trivial content. On my servers, I regularly see people asking for 930 for a +5. Ain't that fucking ridiculous. This community has always been driven new players away, all the while crying "ded gam". Well, if you were a bit more welcoming to new players, that wouldn't happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    How about Blizzard comes up with a less asinine way to get gear than relying totally on the goodwill of strangers?
    Talk to people, make friends and run stuff together. Granted it's not as easy as it was back in the day but it's still doable. You yourself create this situation in which you're totally dependant on the goodwill of strangers. It doesn't have to be that way.

7+ Year Old Account
    As others I’m sure have said...make a group I’m a lower ilvl but get into keys equal or higher...by making the group pretty crazy right?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted

yeah sure, play the RL excuse card instead of fixing your lack of social skills. Blame the so called "elite" and wait for blizzard to change your diapers, because you are not willing to put in some effort into a fkin MMO which is about PLAYING and COMMUNICATING with other people. jesus christ.

And you know, there was a time before gearscore...and back then people inspected everyone who wanted to join their grp. Simple as that. Getting rid of numbers which indicate the quality of your gear will change nothing...neither is it even possible at this point. So stop crying and take matters into your own hands.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You don't have to play with strangers. You could join a guild or find likeminded people to make a stable group. It's an MMORPG not "solo gear up game", you want the second type go play Diablo or Path of Exile or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    >Nothing is stopping you from making your own group

Except people don't sign up because my item level is low or I don't have a mythic.io score.
    No idea what kind of groups are you trying to make, but every week I'm pugging people into my keys with no wowprogress / raider.io / mythic+ score requirement or check (I usually armory them but don't check wowprogress / raider.io) and I don't see any shortage of players queuing. There are tons of people butthurt I didn't pick them (out of 20 others dps). I had 2 shit alts with +8 and +10 key and I managed to find people no probs. Their quality is another story, but they're queuing. Tanks / healers you usually have to wait for longer especially on crappy affixes like grievous last week, but unless the hour is really strange or the dungeon is really crap (my condolences if you end up with seat key on fortified week) I don't see the issue.

You'd actually think all these people who complain "Blizz pls ban raider.io" would be jumping at the chance to join a group where leader doesn't have score and doesn't demand one.