Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolknerd View Post
    Aight this is straight up some cancererous bs. Nuke it from orbit. This shit is not healthy for the game in any way. Literally can't get into a group for a shitty 10 key for my rogue until I vastly outgear it to the point I would never bother doing a 10 on it unless I was a complete shit tier noob?

10's are so easy you should actually just straight up take the first 920+ people who fit the role you need to fill. Don't even screen, just invite whoever queues first and do it. Otherwise you are wasting time or srsly being the worst kind of person in this game.
    Just start your own groups, really. I generally ask for 940+ from +14, but don't really run lower. I did have the surprises however of encountering complete morons at 965+. Had a 967 in the group who simply could not understand not to move during Flame Wreath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    920 is LFR level gear. I don't want the LFR population in my group for anything.
    In complete LFR gear, you are more likely 930 ilvl. Weapons have higher ilvl (so e.g. 3 915 relics means your weapon is 930+ and so on). Additioanlly, you get warforges and titanforges so even without M+ and only LFR, you could easily be 940 by now. That's why you find so many 960+ dps dealing 50% dps of other 960+ dps. I level can easily be achieved by pure luck from easy content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol another person who spends more time whining about getting into a group than making their own group, this never gets old.
    In the time he took to write his post he could have made his own group AND completed mos+10

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Nobody is asking for a carry.

If I'm looking to do a +10 key, I should be able to get a group to run a +10 key with gear less than what drops in the +10 dungeon. That's not too much to ask, because that's literally progression. That's how it's supposed to work. +10s drop 915 gear, so I shouldn't need higher than 915 gear to do a +10.

It's not a 'carry', it's how people get gear.
    And there are plenty of other people out there that are looking to use it for this; group with them. You both could have found them by now rather than posting about it here. I don't see why it's unreasonable to skip over people with a literal LFR item level; how do I know when I'm looking at that whether the best you can do is LFR or if this is your 20th alt? Why should I have to care either way? That split second decision isn't cancerous, but this other assclown threatening to join and drop after you drop your key in certainly is. You're not entitled, find other people looking to run a +10 for gear, ignore the people that are using it to get carried, or use it to get carried yourself. Plenty of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Make
    Your
    Own
    Group

Also I'd argue that it's actually people like you who make whiny posts on wow fansites about the requirements someone else made for their groups that triggered you that are the the worst kind of people in this game.
    Expecting a dungeon that only drops 915 gear to be puggable by groups of 900-920-ish gear levels is not unreasonable. Why is someone making a valid post about unreasonable expectations worse than someone making those unreasonable demands?

The only response I've seen so far for WHY people make those requirements for their group is "because I can" which is a real shitty mind set. It's a valid one, and sometimes expected, but it's shitty. Like when Martin Shkreli jacked the prices of AIDS medication up 5000% "because he could." I'm not saying this is as bad as that, I'm just illustrating how that mind set is a pretty shitty one to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    And? Maybe they haven't played their character for a while or are a new player. There are a few very valid reasons for a player not to have a high gear level at this stage of the game. Especially with the push for pre-ordering Battle for Azeroth. There might be an influx of new players.

I know for sure that if I was a new player with no time invested in a game like this, if I got all the way to end game, was excited to finally start gearing up and then got treated like this or at the very least denied entry into every group that I applied to because I just don't have the ilevel, I wouldn't stay long.
    Or maybe people just boosted their 7th toon with the free 110 boost from buying BFA.

I do love the mentality some people have that because they are so bad they actually need to play their characters that long and get that much gear to know how to play their toon, everyone must be the same.

They do not know that more than anything it is them that drives players away. Or they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Make. Your. Own. Group.

I ask for 965 for 10's- Because I'm a tank, and I can.

Anything 935 and under gets insta-declined. Why? Because I can.
    and how on earth are people supposed to get to 940 with this attitude? and be4 you even start with the make ur own grp bs ill listen to that once certain keys are removed from the low key lvl rotation, if u get a seat key in the ranged of 9-12 for example ur screwed u wont fill agrp fro that at 920-930, my dk is stuck at 922 coz ive done lfr, and done many 8 and 9s and got like 2 items and those 2 items were for a slot that i have a legendary in so people like me are stuck, the greater invasion wb gave me double ap also.

so tell me how am i supposed to gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    And there are plenty of other people out there that are looking to use it for this; group with them. You both could have found them by now rather than posting about it here.
    You don't even know what you're talking about because you have not tried it yourself. So you're basically talking about something you don't even understand the fundamentals of.

I don't see why it's unreasonable to skip over people with a literal LFR item level; how do I know when I'm looking at that whether the best you can do is LFR or if this is your 20th alt?
    Umm a +10 key drops the same I lvl gear as LFR. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Make.

Your.

Own.

Group.
    that only works till u get a seat key m8

Expecting a dungeon that only drops 915 gear to be puggable by groups of 900-920-ish gear levels is not unreasonable. Why is someone making a valid post about unreasonable expectations worse than someone making those unreasonable demands?

The only response I've seen so far for WHY people make those requirements for their group is "because I can" which is a real shitty mind set. It's a valid one, and sometimes expected, but it's shitty. Like when Martin Shkreli jacked the prices of AIDS medication up 5000% "because he could." I'm not saying this is as bad as that, I'm just illustrating how that mind set is a pretty shitty one to have.
    Comparing not letting shit geared people into my groups to jacking up aids patient medicine prices.

These are the garbage hot takes I still come to this site for.

And? Maybe they haven't played their character for a while or are a new player. There are a few very valid reasons for a player not to have a high gear level at this stage of the game. Especially with the push for pre-ordering Battle for Azeroth. There might be an influx of new players.

I know for sure that if I was a new player with no time invested in a game like this, if I got all the way to end game, was excited to finally start gearing up and then got treated like this or at the very least denied entry into every group that I applied to because I just don't have the ilevel, I wouldn't stay long.
    It's absolutely legit to not want to have inexperienced players in a +10, and demandin 940 is the easiest way to do so. At this point you ARE being carried at 940. Start small, it takes no effort to reach 940 whatsoever.

So many times when we have boosted a guildie with a low level alt, invited a pug because we want a 5th, just to see the pug mention the low level alt in the group and then leave. Just to ignore the three others of us who overgear the key like hell. The stupidness is real. People wants everything to be ultra-easy, they see one thing that they think can be an obstacle, and decides to just skip it.

Raider.io is a nice tool, but lots of people don't know how to use it. And niceness is something unheard of. Sitting there with 4 people who overgear the key we are doing(a pug)and there is one in que whos a bit lower, but leader still waits for someone else with 5 higher itemlevel to que. I just don't get it.

I set my MM+ key to 975 ilvl to sort people easily, it get faster that way

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Make. Your. Own. Group.

I ask for 965 for 10's- Because I'm a tank, and I can.

Anything 935 and under gets insta-declined. Why? Because I can.

It's nothing against those lower geared people, but why bother taking a gamble when I get a nonstop avalanche of 960-970 people queuing up?

Exactly this.
    THIS.
    If you don't like the requirements on a group that someone else created - MAKE YOUR OWN AND SET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR WHATEVER YOU FEEL IS ADEQUATE.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Aight this is straight up some cancererous bs. Nuke it from orbit. This shit is not healthy for the game in any way. Literally can't get into a group for a shitty 10 key for my rogue until I vastly outgear it to the point I would never bother doing a 10 on it unless I was a complete shit tier noob?

10's are so easy you should actually just straight up take the first 920+ people who fit the role you need to fill. Don't even screen, just invite whoever queues first and do it. Otherwise you are wasting time or srsly being the worst kind of person in this game.
    Make you own group.
    Make you own group.
    Repeat as many times as necessary.

At this stage in the expansion why take anyone that's not overgeared?
    Want to do 10s with 920 gear, then invite other people with 920 and have a go at it (by making your own group).
    Want to join other people's groups: follow their requirements!

So easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Comparing not letting shit geared people into my groups to jacking up aids patient medicine prices.

These are the garbage hot takes I still come to this site for.
    Read the last sentence again you twit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't even know what you're talking about because you have not tried it yourself. So you're basically talking about something you don't even understand the fundamentals of.

Umm a +10 key drops the same I lvl gear as LFR. >.>
    And? a + 10 key is 5 times as hard as an LFR. (To be clear, neither is hard. But one is clearly harder than the other)

Make your own group. It solves this problem, and more!

Read the last sentence again you twit.
    No thanks I've had enough brain cells burned by your pathetic attempts to white knight a bunch of lazy people who want carries to last a lifetime.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Nobody is asking for a carry.

If I'm looking to do a +10 key, I should be able to get a group to run a +10 key with gear less than what drops in the +10 dungeon. That's not too much to ask, because that's literally progression. That's how it's supposed to work. +10s drop 915 gear, so I shouldn't need higher than 915 gear to do a +10.

It's not a 'carry', it's how people get gear.
    Is it hard to comprehend that overgeared people doing 10's aren't doing it for the gear? So it's perfectly legitimate to ask for whatever gear level they want to ensure maximum time efficiency.

Do you want to get geared by doing 10s, it is also perfectly legitimate, but *make your own group* instead of complaining in a forum about it!

Deleted

less swearing. Spend that time making your own group. Me as a tank get instant 20+ DPS willing to queu, most of them vastly outgear the content. I always invite the highest ones (considering they match the class I want). Why? Because I am not there to progress.