Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it fair of me to wish i could use different pets as demo?

I prefer the succubus pet overall love the look and so forth. shame you can't work with more then just the felguard

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    I prefer the succubus pet overall love the look and so forth. shame you can't work with more then just the felguard
    I think it's perfectly reasonable that as a demo warlock we do should be able to use any pet we want.

I reckon they should change demonic strength to buff all pets not just the fel guard.

Deleted
    Actually playing with Succubus atm, in combination with the PvP talent 'Pleasure through Pain'... Unfortunately only works in the outside world

Maybe each pet could be better for different situations. AoE, Single target. Or maybe we have an excuse to rotate through them throughout a fight with some mechanic to allow switching quicker

Their demo rework for BFA seems half arsed to me, so much is broken and/or missing.

Felguard was always iconic for demo so I don't see a problem with that tie in. Specs like Affliction and Destroyed I could see the succubus weaved into the viability. Maybe have her equal to the felhunter for Aff but with different utility.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Perfectly fair. It's a dumb decision by Blizzard that we are locked into one pet, if we wish to do maximum damage. It's even worse that there are talents that only work with the Felguard.

Ridicilous.

I think the most ridiculous part is how interrupt still stuck on Felhunter, which effectively gimp Demo, and then Destro in Legion.

Every pet has a purpose, that's fine. But Interrupt should be moved baseline at this point, when you start introducing content with more interrupt requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by estacado View Post
    I think the most ridiculous part is how interrupt still stuck on Felhunter, which effectively gimp Demo, and then Destro in Legion.

Every pet has a purpose, that's fine. But Interrupt should be moved baseline at this point, when you start introducing content with more interrupt requirements.
    Or let Axe Toss interupt if the target is immune to stun.

I just wish the pets weren't so squishy, especially the Voidwalker. I'm loving the game play, just hate that my TANK pet can't actually tank for shit. My Felguard does just as well if not better than my blueberry tank so there's really no reason to ever use anything other than the Felguard.

I only wish I could change his weapon, the axe he uses is so ugly compared to the newer stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of interrupt is my biggest gripe. Either make it baseline (for the class), allow axe toss to interrupt (when immune to stun), or...something. Are we the only dps w/o a baseline interrupt? Weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I only wish I could change his weapon, the axe he uses is so ugly compared to the newer stuff.
    Is the felguard glyph no longer a thing? I'm using the wrathguard glyph and it swaps out his default weapon with one in your bag.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2018-08-27 at 02:59 PM.

Agree. In fact, they should've just made the pets just like Hunter's, so I can choose whatever pet I want.

Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    Their demo rework for BFA seems half arsed to me, so much is broken and/or missing.
    Agreed. It's a blast to play but they gave us no tracking no real information about how the class is really supposed to be played with implosion and stuff. It's like they slapped to together it felt smoother and they just launched it as is

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Lack of interrupt is my biggest gripe. Either make it baseline (for the class), allow axe toss to interrupt (when immune to stun), or...something. Are we the only dps w/o a baseline interrupt? Weirdness.

Is the felguard glyph no longer a thing? I'm using the wrathguard glyph and it swaps out his default weapon with one in your bag.
    I honestly haven't even tried...I totally forgot about it actually since I always associated it with the Wrathguard. I'll check it out tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Felguard was always iconic for demo so I don't see a problem with that tie in. Specs like Affliction and Destroyed I could see the succubus weaved into the viability. Maybe have her equal to the felhunter for Aff but with different utility.
    Imp, Succ, and Felpup all do the same damage, so the difference is just what utility you want.

I'm in the same boat. i actually quite like Demo but the pet thing is holding me back from jumping ship completely. The fact that Interuptable spells & purgable buffs are so widely spread in dungeons atm makes me wonder why this current trend wasn't taken into account during the development of the new Demonology.

Short: why would I play demo without interupt nor purge when i can play 2 other specs which can do both things and not lose out on anything.
    made by Shyama

From my own testing on a target dummy, the Felguard actually deals the less damage (-5%), the Succubus and the Felhunter are roughly on par and the Imp deals a bit more damage (+5%). The advantages of the Felguard are his cleave capability and the talents which are only usable with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    This. Or shit just change the stun to interupt. As nice as stuns are in most dungeons and raids an interupt is MUCH more likely to function than a stun is.

Deleted
    Unless you're playing alone and without a Shaman, Priest, Mage, Demon Hunter, Hunter ... did I forget any? You don't really need to purge all the time.
    For bosses where you desperately need interrupt (Shrine) just use the Puppy and Dreadlash / Vile Fiend during phase, switch back to Fel Guard.
    Axe Toss is actually handy for a lot of mobs in Tol Dagor which you can't interrupt and only stun but interrupting on bosses would be neat, yes.

Just saying it's not DREADFUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    This. All day this