Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs down Protester at, March for our Lives, charged after fatal shooting

Source

DOTHAN, Ala. (WTVY) — Saturday Pastor Kenneth Glasgow took part in the March For Our Lives protesting gun violence in Downtown Dothan.

Pastor Glasgow was arrested Sunday, for involvement with the fatal shooting of Breunia Jennings.

March organizers say his possible connection with the murder is troubling.

In a news release they say:

"The organizers wish to remind the public that this march was not about one person. This march was about preventing gun violence.

We stand in support of all law enforcement efforts to curtail such activity, and we pray for justice for Breunia Jennings."

---------------------------------
    [NEWS RELEASE FROM MARCH FOR OUR LIVES WIREGRASS ORGANIZERS]

As organizer of the March for Our Lives, we are saddened to once again have to mourn the death of young life lost to gun violence in our community. Breunia Jennings' family and loved ones are in our thoughts and prayers as they seek justice for her. We stand behind them in advocating for any common sense legislation that would have kept a gun out of her killer's hands.

Kenneth Glasgow's alleged connection with this crime is very troubling to our organization. While we believe in due process of law, we wish to correct some misattribution of his participation in our march Saturday.

Kenneth Glasgow is the executive officer of The Ordinary People Society. The Ordinary People Society had participants in our march, and one of their officers coordinated emceeing duties and helped with permit registration. The bulk of the organization of the march was performed by myself, Kailee Maciulla and student organizing was performed by Morgan Shaw, a senior at a local high school.

Kenneth Glasgow was never a scheduled speaker at the march nor did he participate in its planning. It frankly came as a surprise to organizers when the person from his organization who temporarily emceed the event at Porter Park as an "organizer," as he had never attended an organizational meeting or donated funds.

The organizers of this event are relative newcomers to the area and unaware of the history surrounding many activists in this area. As such, they were not aware that Glasgow may claim credit that was not due him.

The organizers wish to remind the public that this march was not about one person. This march was about preventing gun violence. We stand in support of all law enforcement efforts to curtail such activity, and we pray for justice for Breunia Jennings.

-March for Our Lives Wiregrass organizers
    Why show up if you don't believe what you are saying? LOL
    Last edited by zenkai; 2018-03-28 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    maybe you should have bolded this part instead

As such, they were not aware that Glasgow may claim credit that was not due him.
    the guy has a rep for trying to latch on to things to try and make himself seem important

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    maybe you should have bolded this part instead

the guy has a rep for trying to latch on to things to try and make himself seem important
    Pst; you're not getting that the point of this thread is to try and demonise Democrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Pst; you're not getting that the point of this thread is to try and demonise Democrats.
    I picked that up when I saw the "LOL" at the end

but if I didn't waste time doing this, Id just be fishing in FF14 or taking a nap

casting pearls before swine only matters if you value pearls

This in no way demonizes Democrats, please don't derail the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    right, so that's why you sourced that picture of the guy with Hillary from a Fox News article

but the text, from http://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Mar...478066943.html

10+ Year Old Account
    right, so that's why you sourced that picture of the guy with Hillary from a Fox News article
    Yep; the extra effort by itself implies intent. Because placing an unrelated image in an article is totally in no way an attempt to convince people to draw a link through visual association.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

So I suppose that it's kosher to point out that the average nutjob listening to Alex Jones...

but the text, from http://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Mar...478066943.html
    I posted the picture to show he wasn't just some nobody. I posted the text and source from WTVY because it was a more fair assessment of what happened. I mean if I wanted to attack Democrats I would have just posted the Foxnews piece. Don't you agree?

10+ Year Old Account
    I posted the picture to show he wasn't just some nobody.
    Despite his involvement with a shooting having fuck all to do with any associations he might have had with Hillary Clinton.

You're not being subtle, here.

I posted the next and source from WTVY because it was a more fair assessment of what happened. I mean if I wanted to attack Democrats I would have just posted the Foxnews piece. Don't you agree?
    Not really. The implication one gets from this is that you read the story on Fox News but knew you'd be ridiculed for linking it, so you're trying to use an alternative source to generate an air of legitimacy.

Despite his involvement with a shooting having fuck all to do with any associations he might have had with Hillary Clinton.

You're not being subtle, here.

Not really. The implication one gets from this is that you read the story on Fox News but knew you'd be ridiculed for linking it, so you're trying to use an alternative source to generate an air of legitimacy.
    What your assessment is completely wrong and delusional, I stated my reasoning and I know in my heart I am telling, the truth, you can think what you want because I can't change your biased thinking, no amount of words or facts will change your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I posted the picture to show he wasn't just some nobody. I posted the text and source from WTVY because it was a more fair assessment of what happened. I mean if I wanted to attack Democrats I would have just posted the Foxnews piece. Don't you agree?
    but then you couldnt play for some false nobility of action with
    no amount of words or facts will change your mind.
    That's cause your words don't match to the fact of your actions

or

The decisions you make and the actions that follow are a reflection of who you truly are.-Jack
    Last edited by D Luniz; 2018-03-28 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    So I suppose that it's kosher to point out that the average nutjob listening to Alex Jones...
    Alex Jones is a nut job and a piece of shit, I can't figure out if he actually believes what he says or he just a paid troll for a living.

That information is contained in the topmost avatar on the first page.

7+ Year Old Account
    Love the photo change Zenkai went with.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So Woke. /10
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Deleted
    Yep; the extra effort by itself implies intent. Because placing an unrelated image in an article is totally in no way an attempt to convince people to draw a link through visual association.
    Dunno what hes really trying to prove tbh.

Wolves wear sheep's clothing.

That's nothing new and hardly shocking accent to the most blind of fanatics.

But thats also just ad hominem any way, Attack the arguments. It's Al well and good finding sticks and planks it dosent make a man see. None can but the Irish claim not to harbour a nest of snakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    That he's "independent" and not a member of the Insane Trump Posse.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

What your assessment is completely wrong and delusional, I stated my reasoning and I know in my heart I am telling, the truth, you can think what you want because I can't change your biased thinking, no amount of words or facts will change your mind.
    You went out of your way to source an article and a picture from two different sources, for the sole purpose of linking this man to the Democratic party.

You also cited no source for the image, which implies that the image is from the article you linked and quoted.

Don't you ever get tired of being a disingenuous partisan hack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post

Wolves wear sheep's clothing.

That's nothing new and hardly shocking accent to the most blind of fanatics.

But thats also just ad hominem any way, Attack the arguments. It's Al well and good finding sticks and planks it dosent make a man see. None can but the Irish claim not to harbour a nest of snakes.
    There's nothing to prove, I just enjoy laughing at hypocrites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    You also cited no source for the image, which implies that the image is from the article you linked and quoted.
    Click the image, then apologize when you do.