Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The worst pain of transmog hunting...

...is knowing you already looted the gear years ago and wore them for a full tier.

Because you have screenshots of yourself proudly wearing them.

But no, the game says you haven't unlocked those appearances, so good luck and have fun! And worst of all, some of them are from world bosses or LFR modes.

Sorry. Just had to get that off my chest. It's just so ... frustrating.

EDIT: The reason is I've finally made my up to Dragon Soul, and I've only just discovered what so many of you have endured for years: no loot, nothing but gold bags, Nightmare Spine... all for 0.2 chance for loot I KNOW I LOOTED YEARS AGO.
    Last edited by thottstation; 2018-02-15 at 03:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally feel ya. Or having to level a new character to get a specific item from a quest reward that you've done a dozen times on as many characters, but the transmog system never said you did.

Or putting together a set you know had a specific item in it, that you have seen/had, only to find out that the system doesn't have it marked as something you ever owned, and the source is now gone.

As much as I love the t-mog system, and going out and collecting everything I can, it really just overall pisses me off because I know of several pieces that are no longer obtainable, and it completely ruins a set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

My rogue in WotLK.

Naturally, I vendored the dress after arriving in Northrend. Why wouldn't I? The quest greens were better, and my bags are so full...

You have not learned this appearance

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I actually one of those who think that anything below Cataclysm is not really usable apart from some very specific case-per-case basis pieces. Like you know maybe make it WoTLK at worst.

Simply because the shit is so low res it plainly looks bad. People wearing full sets of TBC/Classic stuff transmogs look simply horrible. Even such exceptional stuff like Judgement armor is not what it once was and hell it's like the only exception simply because it was awesome as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Honestly, I actually one of those who think that anything below Cataclysm is not really usable apart from some very specific case-per-case basis pieces. Like you know maybe make it WoTLK at worst.

Simply because the shit is so low res it plainly looks bad. People wearing full sets of TBC/Classic stuff transmogs look simply horrible. Even such exceptional stuff like Judgement armor is not what it once was and hell it's like the only exception simply because it was awesome as fuck.
    I agree with very very few exceptions.. most gear is just awful compared to new high res and the painted-on stuff still looks atrocious, more 3D pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Newer gear doesn't look automatically awesome because of higher resolution textures. There are many examples of horrible gearsets (Hunter T16, DK T12, Warlock T11, Hunter T11....)
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    I thought LFR is still accessible even for the older raids which can be soloed now.

Deleted

I hope WL t5 (the whole set) is one of your specific exceptions. Still my favorite set.

I wish I had kept my WotLK pre-patch event armor. It was honestly a cool looking mail set which is, to this day, a rarity.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    ...is knowing you already looted the gear years ago and wore them for a full tier.

But no, the game says you haven't unlocked those appearances, so good luck and have fun! And worst of all, some of them are from world bosses or LFR modes.

EDIT: The reason is I've finally made my up to Dragon Soul, and I've only just discovered what so many of you have endured for years: no loot, nothing but gold bags, Nightmare Spine... all for 0.2 chance for loot I KNOW I LOOTED YEARS AGO.
    this holy fuck this.
    a mix of this, and the things like "i get the item on the wrong toon"

but seriosuly this is what i reccomend

a system like what pvp has, doing dungeons, world quests, and raids gives you a curency called "Medal of Valor" these medals can be used to buy bonus rolls (like the pvp one)
    but it can also be used at vendors either in the city, or the entrance of the raid/dungeon (whatever the team would decide)

in the main cities you would find
    "Eastern kingdom dungeons" vendor, that has a armor purchase, and a weapon purchase, that allows you to buy all the apperance drops from the dungeon, and the other for all the weapons
    this could also be done for dungeons. but i think one for "all dungeons" would be better
    "DUngeons vendor" selling tokens for "eastern kingdom dungeons" and "kalimdor dungeons" and "Northrend dungeons" so on so forth for all the dungeons.
    after that raids, that gives all the gear and teir drops, aswell as bosses.

i just want a way to do new content and be able to obtain old transmogs
    requiremtns would be for example "complete rhe raid" and for stuff like mounts like invincible would be the requirment "complete glory of ice crown citidal" and "kill lichking 25 heroic 10 times"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    I hope WL t5 (the whole set) is one of your specific exceptions. Still my favorite set.
    It used to be and it manages to still look ok-ish chiefly because it's so dark that low res part is hidden, but it is completely overshadowed by Shadow Council set from BRH, which makes that set pretty pointless to wear now, that's why you barely see it anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Newer gear doesn't look automatically awesome because of higher resolution textures. There are many examples of horrible gearsets (Hunter T16, DK T12, Warlock T11, Hunter T11....)
    They are horrible because of artistic choice, not because textures are bad. That's the chief point there. Compare the Nemesis T2 for Warlock to T11 - Nemesis aesthetically is a great idea, but textures are so horrible it's not usable anymore. T11 at least looks a bit sharper, but aesthetically it's shit. Does not change the fact that textures there are higher res.

Bad sets is not something new, talking about warlocks - T2.5 was terribad, especially after stellar Nemesis and even Felheart which was cool too.

Heck compare Malefic Raiment and Diabolic Raiment - virtually same set, but Diabolic is clearly superior with detail. It would certainly be nice to see Judgement or Nemesis HD too, because old sets are simply causing you to weep if you mog them at 2k18.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-02-17 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A shame for some odd reason they can't trace down certain items.
    For example Trial of the Grand Crusader (limited Attempts) had items (a bow with a Lion's head) which is now unobtainable, but something I used to have in my bank for years.
    Do collectors all have to keep every single item in case it becomes a toy/transmog item years down the line ? Sounds pretty stupid if they have the data to check those things easily if item X was looted or an NPCiD was flagged by a certain Account.
    I know off at least players who had been playing with 5 free bag slots for 5 years or longer (old Zul Gurub sets) since everything else they had in their banks/void storage were removed items.
    Glad I have to go back to Throne of Thunder to get random boss drops too or visit Dragon Soul LFR (the bane of every collector currently with the abysmal dropchances) just to get something again which I already had in the past.
    Oh well, it keeps us busy and subbed and I assume that's one of the reasons they won't look into past data since it would be too much effort.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    I thought LFR is still accessible even for the older raids which can be soloed now.
    Dragon Soul LFR in particular suffers from abysmal droprates, no bonus rolls and being a fairly stupid raid to solo to begin with (unskippable RP, Ultraxxion trash, airship fight, spine fight, etc).

I specifically remember dual wielding blinkstrikes in BC and loving the constant procs on my rogue.

Now it says I don't have the appearance.

I still have no idea what the logic is for deciding what appearances you have/haven't unlocked. I wish they'd make it so transmog farming would be obtained for any item soulbound to you, equippable or no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    visit Dragon Soul LFR
    Wait wait wait...how do you farm old LFR instances? There are quite a few sets I've always wanted, but they were the LFR recolors, and I always thought there was no way for me to get into them anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Blizzard made it a whole lot more painful, for collectors, with the forced Personal Loot that strictly gives loot just for your current class and spec ... Blizzard wants you to run the same bosses multiple times on numerous classes and specs.

Example, Farming with an Arms Warrior, you won't get 1h weapons, shields/off-hands, or bows, etc. .. just 2h swords, axes and maces. Int Plate won't drop either.

Seriously, fuck them. Blizzard of today are total fucking cunts trying their absolute hardest to find more ways to inflate the play time of players. Gets to the point I won't even bother.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-02-18 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post

I know how you feel man, the white mage tier set from DS lfr is pretty unique in coloring but cant get that shit with the drop rates.

There's pain in transmog hunting? I don't think you're supposed to go fight anything yourself; you just sit at your computer and make your pixels fight other pixels. So unless you get a cramp in your finger...

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    know how you feel OP, I had the full mage dungeons sets in vanilla and yet accordant to my wardrobe I don't so now the only way to get them now is to grind Darkmoon Faire tokens to get the appearances :P

Which isnt too bad I guess. Kill two birds with one stone this way lol. But it did save my old Arcanist set though. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

TBF, they haven't bumped up texture resolution since the end of TBC, starting T6 all gear textures have been made in 256x256 or 128x256. Shoulder and head pieces sometimes use 512x512/512x256 or even 1024x1024/1024x512 textures.

T6 chest piece texture:

T20 chest piece texture:
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-02-18 at 09:38 AM.