Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both Fitz were present. Unfortunately both were present in equal amounts.

I just cannot fathom the decision to punt with 2:32 left in the game down by 3 when your defense hasn't done shit all game since an INT early on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I think the worst thing about this is you never really got confirmation if he was worth that money. Now you have to wait like 2 more seasons to see just what kind of QB he is/can be.
    Yeah I wasn't expecting playoffs or anything so this was what I was looking forward to most this season, but nope. Can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I just cannot fathom the decision to punt with 2:32 left in the game down by 3 when your defense hasn't done shit all game since an INT early on.
    It is a bad call but I think overall the bigger problem what the Bucs offense needed to play a cleaner game. Defensively, the Bucs look lost at their with pre snap reads which should never happen to a pro ball club IMVHO. You would never see that with a BB Patriots coached team. Patriots may lack certain areas, make mental mistakes, etc but pre snap they know where they need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Came to say that our entire defence is now dead. We can't tackle for shit. Once again i absolutely despise these idiotic OT rules, a game should not be decided by a freaking coin flip. Literally, whoever won that coin flips win the game.

At least Calvin Ridley looks like a boss and we seem to moving back to 2016 offence, unfortunately so is our defence. God I miss Debo and Keanu Neal and now we lost Ricardo Allen. Need Takk back, our pass rush was not great.

- - - Updated - - -

You really don't want to be down 3 games and having lost a h2h. It's pretty must win. Can't rely on thinking 'oh its the dolphins they gonna fade out anyway'. Tannehill is 9-1 or 10-1 in his last starts, only loss coming too the ravens. They don't really seem to be slowing down.
    While I do think that both teams should have a shot at scoring in OT, even if the first team to have possession scores a td, we've had 3 OT games so far already and only one of them was won by the team that won the coin toss, and they had to score a touchdown to do it. Even if the Falcons had won the coin toss the Saints had forced them to punt on their last drive, so the odds were trending towards the Saints already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to keep piling on but... no lets keep piling on, its fun

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/jon...s-a-great-win/
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Gruden acting like Jason Garrett in that comic?

10+ Year Old Account
    "BREAKING: The #Patriots will be putting RB Rex Burkhead (neck) and rookie LB Ja'Whaun Bentley (unknown) on IR today, per league source." - Pats beat

FML >.<

Burkhead is kinda whatever, he;s been hurt more often then not. But Bentley? He was one of few people left from the draft class and looked like he could grow into being a great linebacker. Season gone, just like that. 6th rookie we put on IR from our draft class.

This is turning into one incredible disaster season.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "BREAKING: The #Patriots will be putting RB Rex Burkhead (neck) and rookie LB Ja'Whaun Bentley (unknown) on IR today, per league source." - Pats beat

FML >.<

Burkhead is kinda whatever, he;s been hurt more often then not. But Bentley? He was one of few people left from the draft class and looked like he could grow into being a great linebacker. Season gone, just like that. 6th rookie we put on IR from our draft class.

This is turning into one incredible disaster season.
    The Patriots can weather the storm because they still have a nucleus that understands how to win. Not many teams have that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Not to keep piling on but... no lets keep piling on, its fun

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/jon...s-a-great-win/
    *glare* What did I ever do to you..

Panthers sign Eric Reid. Good to see a team step up; probably wouldn't have happened with the previous owner. Kind of surprised he hadn't gotten signed earlier with some of the injuries and crappy safety play in the league this year.

Yet SF wouldn't sign Colin even though it's his former team and their fanbase is probably the most liberal fanbase in the NFL.

Deleted
    Reid is an unquestionable starter in this league. Kaep is not. And as Shanahan said, he doesn't fit the current game plan at all.

Deleted
    Kaep burnt his bridges a bit with the Niners even before the kneeling with trade request shenanigans and generally not getting along with the front office. The GM at the time is luckily fired now but Kaep isn't (wasn't) really the pocket passer type QB Shanahan seems to want anyway.

Reid on the other hand I would have liked to see come back. They decided to go with Tartt and Colbert instead but they're both injured now, of course. And they haven't exactly been tearing it up either so far this year. The Niners apparently offered Reid a deal too but he went to Carolina instead. That makes me sad for me and happy for him.

Surely Kaep is more of a starter than CJ Beatherd?

Deleted
    Not sure about 'surely'. He was out for a long time.

And the season is lost anyway; might as well give the guy, who should be around for a few years some match experience, being able to evaluate him better. No compelling reason to scrap the system and bring all the drama surrounding Kaep for questionable gains.

Kaep can play in the NFL. The problem is how dedicated is Kaep to the NFL game?

Beatherd has a lot of interesting measurable and Lynch received flack for using a high 3rd round pick on him. But if a QB fits Kyle's system I see nothing wrong with adding a QB that fits the system. It paid off with Jimmy G so this no different honestly.

Maybe Beatherd ends up a disappointment and he doesn't live up to the third round billing. But given his size and playing in a pro style system in college I think the 49ers have a fighting chance to look NFL average. But he will make mistake though that is for sure.

Kaepernick was bad last time he played, and that was a couple years ago. He isn't being blackballed by every team because of all the other stuff (some sure, certain owners exist), it is because he isn't good enough to get the money he wanted. He turned down the opportunity to be traded instead of cut when the 49ers got rid of him because he wouldn't take a paycut to put his salary closer to his actual worth as a QB. If he actually wanted to play, he would have been on a team after the 49ers.

Denver lost Jake Butt for the year on a non contact torn ACL. Kind of sucks to see someone with as much bad luck with knee injuries as he has had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Denver lost Jake Butt for the year on a non contact torn ACL. Kind of sucks to see someone with as much bad luck with knee injuries as he has had.
    Shame. That's probably his career over. I thought he might be a player in the league after seeing his last year at Michigan. Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Vikings picked up Dan Bailey. I hope he does good there.
    I doubt he has the range he used to consistantly. But odds are 40-45 and in he will be golden. Which is all they need. The guy they got now makes you stress on extra points.