10+ Year Old Account
    @Grube So what's going on with this Broncos ownership dispute thing? I keep seeing tweets that they are in court about it and now apparently they are trying to get the NFL to do a arbitration, which makes me think this thing is actually more serious than I thought it was. Can you explain in a more simple way what's going on?

- - - Updated - - -

Well dang, and speaking of ownerships, Bob McNair, owner of the Texans passed away it seems. Bad luck for a Texans team that was starting to roll and looked like it might have a bright future.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    @Grube So what's going on with this Broncos ownership dispute thing? I keep seeing tweets that they are in court about it and now apparently they are trying to get the NFL to do a arbitration, which makes me think this thing is actually more serious than I thought it was. Can you explain in a more simple way what's going on?
    Basically an estate battle between people that don't seem to get along. Pat Bowlen set up a trust to run the team that have a set of criteria one of his kids need to meet in order to get control, and they have said one of his daughters with his ex wife (the one trying to get control) does not meet them. No one else knows exactly the whole list, but it includes having a law degree or MBA, experience with the team/league and other stuff like that. The one that is trying to get the team didn't get the degree until recently, and was fired from the team in the past, while another one started down that path before Pat stepped down, but is still too young to have completed everything. His brother wants the trust removed because he thinks they are trying to keep control instead.

This all didn't start coming out, and didn't go to court until after Pat's current wife announced she has alzheimer's too, which makes the timing of everything very fishy. From the outside, makes it all seem like his older daughter wants control before the one that it has been hinted at Pat wanting to get control can based on the criteria. I don't think the league will force anything because they have been fine with them this whole time, but the courts could force an ownership change depending on what is documented and what isn't.
    Last edited by Grube; 2018-11-24 at 01:02 AM.

I mean, I'd want control too, it's a billion dollar business.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the Broncos situation is a giant mess that probably ends up in court again down the road between the children. And probably ends in a split-ownership situation.

On the other side of ownership transfers, sounds like the Texans already had their plan in place. https://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...s-13417556.php
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well dang, and speaking of ownerships, Bob McNair, owner of the Texans passed away it seems. Bad luck for a Texans team that was starting to roll and looked like it might have a bright future.
    Shitty racist ownership won't be holding them back any more so that's a plus.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Basically an estate battle between people that don't seem to get along. Pat Bowlen set up a trust to run the team that have a set of criteria one of his kids need to meet in order to get control, and they have said one of his daughters with his ex wife (the one trying to get control) does not meet them. No one else knows exactly the whole list, but it includes having a law degree or MBA, experience with the team/league and other stuff like that. The one that is trying to get the team didn't get the degree until recently, and was fired from the team in the past, while another one started down that path before Pat stepped down, but is still too young to have completed everything. His brother wants the trust removed because he thinks they are trying to keep control instead.

This all didn't start coming out, and didn't go to court until after Pat's current wife announced she has alzheimer's too, which makes the timing of everything very fishy. From the outside, makes it all seem like his older daughter wants control before the one that it has been hinted at Pat wanting to get control can based on the criteria. I don't think the league will force anything because they have been fine with them this whole time, but the courts could force an ownership change depending on what is documented and what isn't.
    Aha, I understand now. Well I hope it works out. Last thing you want is some greedy nitwit in charge. Plenty of those around and I don't think any of those teams are doing that well.

Cause of course Bob Kraft couldn't be a greedy asshole, amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Cause of course Bob Kraft couldn't be a greedy asshole, amirite?
    I think all owners are greedy. Kraft also loves the game besides running a succesful, profitable business. I meant the greedy part more in that their main interest is in the money not the team. I also know for a fact Kraft is no nitwit, which can't be said for a bunch of other owners.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Reuben Foster arrested on domestic violence charges again.
    /s

Deleted
    It looks like it might be the same woman who tried to stitch him up last time. That doesn't mean he has to be innocent this time too of course but maybe the pitchforks should stay in the barn until the facts come out. One or maybe both of them have some mental issues if they keep getting into these situations with each other though. If it turns out to not be the same woman then never mind.

Edit: Well the 49ers have released him now so there you go. Good night, sweet prince.
    Last edited by mmoc9cc0191b54; 2018-11-25 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks Panthers is a much better out-of-division rivalry than Seahawks Packers unlike what the media likes to hype. This is a physical game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathrich Wise, you utter moron. Had the Jets for 4th down and he grabs McCown down low, with the ball already gone. >.<

- - - Updated - - -

And 2 plays later the Jets score. God damnit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Local games for me today, Jets/Pats, Steelers/Broncos, Cardinals/Chargers. What did I do to deserve this? I turn on football and the first thing I see is Todd Bowles, obviously not gonna be a good day, tv off.
    /s

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man the Bengals look like hot trash right now, and they're at home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Local games for me today, Jets/Pats, Steelers/Broncos, Cardinals/Chargers. What did I do to deserve this? I turn on football and the first thing I see is Todd Bowles, obviously not gonna be a good day, tv off.
    You don't know what you are missing. Great game. Patriots had 3 penalties on their last drive and the Jets just had consecutive false start penalties on theirs. Amazing. Never seen before football quality.

Seems like there are a lot of bad teams playing early games this week. On the plus side, the Browns are going to tie their win total from the previous 3 seasons combined.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    You don't want to watch either Antonio Brown or JuJu Smith-whatever have a 200 yard game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Edit: Well the 49ers have released him now so there you go. Good night, sweet prince.
    I swear our front office would buy lootboxes in Battlefield faster than EA could produce them. The number of times we rolled the dice on draft day on guys with character issues, injury issues, maturity issues, whatever fucking issues is a tad out of hand.

Yea, I veil it expertedly, but miffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey remember when I picked the Bengals to win the AFC North? I would have been better off picking the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Hey remember when I picked the Bengals to win the AFC North? I would have been better off picking the Browns.
    That was before the Browns fired their terrible offensive minded head coach and the Bengals proceeded to hire said offensive minded coach as a defensive assistant.

I wouldn't think Hue Jackson was the guy worth finally ending your mediocre, but long, head coaching tenure for but I guess Marvin Lewis just didn't care anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    I swear our front office would buy lootboxes in Battlefield faster than EA could produce them. The number of times we rolled the dice on draft day on guys with character issues, injury issues, maturity issues, whatever fucking issues is a tad out of hand.
    That whole draft doesn't look so great right now if you take Kittle out (and Breida).