10+ Year Old Account
    Josh Gordon just announced he's stepping away from football for "a bit" to concentrate on his mental health.

All in all he was worth it for the Patriots in what little they gave up to get him and what he produced on the field since he got there, but any aspirations the Patriots had to redeem him and make him a part of their team moving forward have clearly not worked out it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

"#Patriots WR Josh Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, per source. He announced today he’s stepping away to address his mental health." - Tom Pelissero

Well then, that's quite different from just stepping away if he got busted again, that's end of career if that's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude just can't stay away from the pot or alcohol. Wasted his talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel nothing for Josh Gordon, too much of the same bullshit.

On the other hand, Titus Young just got released on parole, that guy had real problems, spent the past two years in treatment, hopefully he's got it together and on adequate medication now. Apparently he was hearing voices and dealing with quite a lot, which isn't surprising given the psychotic behavior that got him locked up in the first place.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a 3 win team really doesn't have much ground to stand on when talking Pro Bowl snubs, but for individual numbers and metrics, both Cook (1000+ yard receiving TE) and Hudson (0 sacks, 1 pressure surrendered all season) should have been starters.

The team around them was trash, but they've been as good as anyone else in the league individually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I know a 3 win team really doesn't have much ground to stand on when talking Pro Bowl snubs, but for individual numbers and metrics, both Cook (1000+ yard receiving TE) and Hudson (0 sacks, 1 pressure surrendered all season) should have been starters.

The team around them was trash, but they've been as good as anyone else in the league individually.
    They were clear snubs, but there are always snubs, and then a lot of them end up at the pro bowl in the end so hopefully it works out.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Not one Bill got selected to the Pro Bowl. Not one. We have the #1 pass defense in the league, and have been a top 5 defense since about week 5, and no one got the nod on the entire team.

Tre White has been a shutdown corner this year, best or second best in almost every significant CB category, and Jalen Ramsey (on a worse team, no less) got in.

Really interested in the Ravens/Chargers game on Saturday. Jackson has been successful, but against some of the worst defenses in the league. I'll be surprised if he can continue his success against the Chargers. I hope he plays well, but I have serious doubts.

One of our players was saying that the player vote is really weird too. Like the DBs are voting on OL, and vice versa, while the WRs vote on DL and vice versa. Probably so there's no personal grudges that get played out, but our safety Micah Hyde was wondering what he's expected to know about opposing OLs. I think the DBs should probably be voting on the WRs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Really interested in the Ravens/Chargers game on Saturday. Jackson has been successful, but against some of the worst defenses in the league. I'll be surprised if he can continue his success against the Chargers. I hope he plays well, but I have serious doubts.
    Would be nice to see Weddle have a big game against those assholes.
    /s

So since this is a WoW-based board and most posters either do or did play, I thought I’d share my nerdy musings on what a football team made up of WoW specializations would look like. So for those interested-

Quarterback- Marksmanship Hunter: a rifle for an arm, and accurate at long range. Agile enough to disengage from oncoming rushers and take a steady shot downfield on the move
    Backup QB- Elemental Shaman: not as mobile or long-ranged as QB1, this intelligent pocket passer can get the ball out lightning-quick, or make a downfield strike if given the time
    Running Back- Windwalker Monk: runs like the wind, with the discipline and patience to slip through the holes to the second level
    3rd down back/kick returner- Subtlety Rogue: Fast and evasive, a great escape artist that can slip away just when they look like they’re going down. Makes screen passes exciting
    WR1- Havoc Demon Hunter: fast, fierce, and agile. Very hard to cover, as Fel Rush makes for great double moves, and can double jump to high-point the ball
    WR2- Assassination Rogue: a meticulous preparer, using precise timing and route running to move the chains, but can also sprint to the endzone for a killing blow
    Center- Blood DK: Not fast, but hard to move off its spot. Takes defenders head on, is self-sufficient, and heals quickly if injured
    Left Guard- Protection Paladin: a righteous and stalwart defender of the quarterback’s blind side
    Left Tackle- Frost Death Knight: strong and dextrous, remorselessly pushes defenders back and freezes pass rushers in their tracks. If one gets by, a little Death Grip won’t get called for holding, will it?
    Right Guard- Retribution Paladin: excels at bringing the fight to the defense in the run game, but has the defensive tools to hold the line in pass protection as well
    Right Tackle- Protection Warrior: strong and tenacious enough to withstand the most furious of pass rushes, with enough mobility to not get beaten on the edge. Can get outside quickly to block for sweeps and screens
    Tight End- Brewmaster Monk: sturdy yet nimble; can not only block well but is fast and elusive enough to be dangerous in the passing game. Would also make a good fullback

Defensive Tackle- Guardian Druid: a big beastly body taking up space in the middle of the line. Good luck running up the gut where a bear hug is waiting
    Defensive Tackle- Unholy Death Knight: an unrelenting force on every down, weakening and wearing down the offensive line in pursuit of its goal
    Defensive End- Fury Warrior: a ferocious pass rusher, rampaging through the offensive line to take out its rage on the opposing quarterback
    Defensive End- Arms Warrior: what it lacks in raw ferocity is made up for in technique, adeptly setting the edge against running plays and utilizing superior hand and footwork to fight past blockers
    Middle Linebacker- Vengeance Demon Hunter: hard to deceive with its spectral sight, demonic strength to shed blockers in a pass rush, and sideline-to-sideline speed to get to the play. Bobby Wagner on Fel
    Outside Linebacker- Enhancement Shaman: brings the thunder on opposing ball carriers; dogged in pursuit and strikes fast and hard. An inspiring player that makes everyone else better
    Outside Linebacker- Beast Mastery Hunter: comfortable at range in coverage and in zone, can also ‘shoot’ the gap to blow up a running play, or hunt down ball carriers in the open field. Insists that it’s pet shouldn’t count as a 12th player
    CB1- Feral Druid: possesses the swiftness and agility to chase down any receiver, and the pouncing/leaping skills to excel at open field tackles and batting away passes. Paws, however, aren’t very effective at interceptions
    CB2- Outlaw Rogue: has the closing speed to contest passes in its direction; prefers press coverage, knows the tricks opposing receivers will employ, and has a few of its own- some dirty. The most likely player on the defense to be penalized
    Strong Safety- Survival Hunter: likes to get up close and personal, and can close the gap on runners quickly. Prefers to stack the box or to press coverage, but has ranged tools to succeed anywhere on the field
    Free Safety- Mistweaver Monk: keeps an eye out on the entire ‘battlefield’ and delivers swift help where other defenders get beaten. Intelligent and quick, there to patch things up when teammates start bleeding yards

Kicker- Balance Druid: Brings the boom in the kicking game, making moon-shot field goals. An innate sense of harmony keeps the ball flying straight and true
    Head Coach- Discipline Priest: an inspirational leader; knows when to be the good cop and when to be the bad cop. May require penance for missed tackles and dropped passes
    General Manager- Arcane Mage: spends hours in the library studying all-22 game film, and delving into the mysteries of advanced metrics. Eminently prepared, but quick-witted and able to adjust strategy on the fly come draft day
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Would be nice to see Weddle have a big game against those assholes.
    WOW just reading what happened to Eric Weddle at the Chargers..

I hope the Ravens do bird poop on the Chargers.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...d-any-grudges/

Weddle spent the first nine years of his career with the Chargers, a time during which he made three Pro Bowls and two All-Pro first teams while emerging as one of the best all-around safeties in football. And the Chargers seemingly just ... didn't want him. Then-coach Mike McCoy basically told Weddle exactly that to his face while Weddle was sitting in a hot tub with Philip Rivers the day after San Diego's regular season finale.

"What are you guys still doing here?" McCoy said, according to Weddle.
    "We're figuring out the roster for next year," Weddle said. "And you have a lot of work to do."
    Then McCoy surprised him.
    "Where are you going to go next year?" he said. "Any particular team you want to go to?"
    Weddle didn't know what to say.
    "That's when it finally hit me," he says. "They really don't want me back."

Making matters worse, GM Tom Telesco called Weddle into his office in an apparent attempt to clear the air, and Weddle said Telesco also disrespected him to his face. "He said I had a lot of mileage," Weddle said at the time, per Bleacher Report. "They brought me in to make things better, and made things worse by treating me like I was a nobody. It was shocking."

And all of this came after the Chargers had fined him $10,000 for staying on the field during halftime of the team's Week 16 game in order to watch his daughter perform during the halftime show, and then placed him on Injured Reserve prior to Week 17 even though he felt he was healthy enough to play.

Needless to say, he was not thrilled with the Chargers at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You missed the punter. #PuntersarePCstoo.

Weddle's final season in SD was just a microcosm of how awfully the franchise was being run. Hopefully he has a solid day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    WOW just reading what happened to Eric Weddle at the Chargers..
    I was a Chargers fan and now I'm not, this is the main reason why.
    /s

Deleted
    This Josh Jackson is looking pretty ok at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    This Josh Jackson is looking pretty ok at the moment.
    The kid from Mighty Ducks?
    /s

Deleted
    That's the one.

Josh Johnson for Washington too.

I just realized the Raiders/Broncos game on MNF this week. 2 bad teams with maybe the 2 worst head coaches in the league plus the terrible ESPN coverage is a great way to spend Christmas eve.

Feels like Mariota leaves games with injuries a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just thought about how people paid money for tickets and are left with Josh Johnson and Blaine Gabbert and it made me very sad. At least no Sanchez (knock on wood).
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I miss Mike Tirico calling games.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same start for Rivers as last week. First throw is a pick. Let's see if they get the same end result.