A lot of questions for playing GW 2

I just started playing again I was playing when the game was first released and one thing I did not like was no first person camera I see is in game now so that was good news.

I played EQ EQ2 and since EQ was first released and finally switched to WoW when I got WoD on a xmas discount I think it was in Dec 2015-16
    I loved EQ2 and have 4 max lvl adv and all tradeskill I have I crafter of each.

I stopped playing WoW with 9 100 adv toons and have every profession with at least 1 max skill -700-800.

I got impulsive and bought PoF and HoT so I have no limitations that way but not sure was a good choice as game seems to be surrounded with buying gems and gold for more real cash.

So some questions..
    Why does the market seem to be not worth it to make a crafter any money as it cost more for mats than the finished product as they peole can list items for sale forever unlike WoW where the market changed every 48hrs that seems to be better way for the players to make some gold are they trying to make you buy all your gold for real money? Also too many things are tried to gems like expansion slots so even tho I bought all the expansion I have to shell out more of my real money.

I just joined a guild and was hoping I could get some hand me downs, some crafting mats, bigger bags ect but only thing I can do is deposit items to the guild bank. No withdrawal and I dont even see much I would use. Ditd I pick the wrong guild or is this the way game is played these days?

If I use my own gold get my now 100ish armorer up to be able to make say 15 slot bags will the mats cost too much to be able to sell them back for a profit?

My War is lvl 70 now and seems to be my best option to get to lvl 80 to get some mounts and not sure what other spec to add to him?
    hoping to make some much needed gold as I been spend all my gold to get my armorer higher enough skill as I can for boxes.

Let me post this to get some feedback thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by macatk View Post
    Why does the market seem to be not worth it to make a crafter any money as it cost more for mats than the finished product as they peole can list items for sale forever unlike WoW where the market changed every 48hrs that seems to be better way for the players to make some gold are they trying to make you buy all your gold for real money? Also too many things are tried to gems like expansion slots so even tho I bought all the expansion I have to shell out more of my real money.
    Trading post isn't tied to server like in WoW, it's region wide, so what you see is the result of oversaturated market. Generally it's faster to farm open world events/dungeons/fractals/raids, unless you have enough money to control the market.
    I just joined a guild and was hoping I could get some hand me downs, some crafting mats, bigger bags ect but only thing I can do is deposit items to the guild bank. No withdrawal and I dont even see much I would use. Ditd I pick the wrong guild or is this the way game is played these days?
    No, it's just that your rank in guild doesn't allow you to use guild bank. Ask some officers to promote you or find another guild.
    If I use my own gold get my now 100ish armorer up to be able to make say 15 slot bags will the mats cost too much to be able to sell them back for a profit?
    There are several sites like gw2spidy or gw2efficiency where you can check whether you'll see profit from crafting or not. If you mean 15 Slot Darksteel Box, it'll make you a 9s42c profit right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Once I get my War to lvl 80 how can I make some gold solo or if need be in a group? I am nervous about doing things that require a group because always seem to get people that know how to play but dont like helping newbies?

10+ Year Old Account
    One basic way is to do World Events, you dont need a previous group to start doing content like this, it's recommended for you to join groups on the LFG system as you can join in the correct map IP and well, get some teachings on how to do content, here you can check up a schedule of them, as you can see, bellow the hour/minute part of each one of the events there are some bracketted scrambled letters (IE: "[&BO0AAAA=]"), if you link that Code in chat you'll be linking the Waypoint nearest to the event start:
    -https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

-Another way is going for the Living Story 2 Part 1 map, the Domain of Istan and look for groups that are doing what's called <GH> (this event is in the northern part of the map on a small castle like zone where you open its doors and begin to kill mobs, try hitting as many champion enemies as you can as they yield more loot than just rushing for completion of the events) and <Palawadan> (palawadan shows up on the schedule timer i linked above, for this event you wanna just complete the events and try kill as many champions as you can whilst completing the event, most of the times commanders will be teaching you how its done, they will yield some nice loot, similar to GH), both meta events give tons of loot that you can either sell or open (ideally only if you have high enough luck+magic find %), with those 2 events you can make some easy money.

3rd way is doing fractals, considering you are just starting just get the fractal mastery high enough to unlock the daily reward system, you get some fractal encryptions that you can either open, giving you from 20silver-1gold20silver each or sell on the trading post unopened (keep in mind that to open them you need to get the keys, which you acquire from doing the daily fractals or can buy from an npc for 20silver+fractal badges which you acquire from completing fractals).

4th is doing Auric Basin + Tangled Depth meta from the schedule posted on the first link, you might want to enter those maps around 10 minutes earlier from the looking for group tab as they require some coordination and may give some nifty rewards, from completing those meta's you'll acquire an exotic box that will allow you to pick one item from a list of 4, pick the amalgamated gemstone, it's worth around 2g, or you can keep it for a future legendary or for general crafting, there's also a chance to get a special looking aura infusion for your character, that thing is worth a FUCKTON OF GOLD, but the droprate is abysmal.

*A good extra bonus (and what i do really recommend for starters) is to go around 20-10 minutes before 12pm server time to Sparkfly fen, on the southwestern area of the map there will be a meta event (that is listed on the first link above) where you have to defeat a dragon called Tequatl, that boss will always give you 2gold and some nifty loot, mostly rares that sell for around 30 silver- 40 silver (if you intend to just make money, you can salvage them to gather ectoplasms for future crafting), maybe an exotic accesory that's unique to tequatl (tequatl's fang i think it was) that sells for around 80silver (not an interesting item), and a chance for ascended weapon drops (really low, only dropped for me like 4 times).

**Same as above, there is another event named Triple Trouble 1 hour after tequatl (which are also on the event timer thing), so ideally you might want to look in Looking for Group around 15 minutes before the event begins on the world event tab so you can secure a good map, go to the map north of sparkfly fen and you'll be in the way to start the meta, join one of the commanders and listen for their instructions on how to kill the boss as it requires a tad more coordination, it's value is really similar to Tequatl, you may acquire a unique looking armorpiece that is ascended meaning that you'll get an easier time doing fractals and overall all content as ascended items have around 5% more stats than Exotic ones.

To sumarize what i'd do if i were you:
    1) Before server reset head to tequatl for the money, and easy gold, chance for ascended loot.
    2) After that Ideally do the Ley Line Anomaly meta event that is in the event timer link i posted above, it gives you a mystic coin that you can keep for yourself for crafting legendaries or sell for around 2gold.
    3) Try to look for Triple Trouble map on the world events Looking for Group, most of the time people just write stuff like "TT Map".
    4) Join a Tangled Depths Map after that (if the meta is close to start).
    5) Just after clearing tangled depths and waiting the timer to tick down to 0 and collect all your rewards head to Auric Basin for the meta event.
    6) You can either start killing world bosses from the tab i linked on the beggining or go to Istan on looking for group to farm Palawadan-GH, there's also sometimes a 3rd event kalled kami or something along those lines, that event is quite good as it spawns more champion enemies to kill, giving you more loot, it's a good way to repetitively generate gold compared to the previous points as all of the above are just on a daily basis, GH-Palawadan and the other event are NOT on a daily basis rotation.

With those steps in mind you can make some nice gold, i'd link up living story 3 stuff but if you just started i wouldnt bother with it yet, just gear up, get some gold and eventually unlock Living Story 3 with gems as you can get ascended accesories-backpiece-rings easily with that content.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2018-03-04 at 02:40 PM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Once I get my War to lvl 80 how can I make some gold solo or if need be in a group? I am nervous about doing things that require a group because always seem to get people that know how to play but dont like helping newbies?
    You don't know GW2.

Most helpful community 5 years in a row.

Resident Cosplay Progressive