Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    You have been forced to use them for 3 years?
    It was hardly viable to heal with a 2hander 3 years ago... (every patch there was a weapon you could do it with, but it was usually rare to see it)
    The 1st time i saw a 2h healer paladin prior to Legion was in fact in HFC... (Tyrant's mace)
    The only "recent" other weapon that fits the criteria and comes to mind being the rare random drop 2h mace from throne of thunder.

If at all you were only forced for about 1,5 years... which is changing in september anyway.

Hell Fire Citadel was released in June 2015. It will be 3 years in 4 months. And i doubt we'll have BFA class and itemization changes in 4 months. So yeah, 3 years.
    For the Glory of Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Your playstyle doesn't change at all. Why is this important to you?
    Just making noise, seeing how they could have jumped on wowhead and gotten the answer to all of their concerning questions.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    [Posting this here too]
    So this farce has gone on for far too long (if you include the mace from Tyrant Vel'Haari from Mythic HFC, which was bis), Holy Paladins have been forced to use a 2 handed weapon for no other reason (other than the silly excuse that whats-his-name the Lightbringer used one once upon a time), for 3 years almost.
    Can we at least have a choice ? I get it that some people like that style, but honestly at this point the 1 handed and shield Holy Paladin is way more iconic than the singular 2 handed that Uther used.
    My Paladin has defeated, Illidan, The Lich King, Yogg'Saron, Kel'Thuzad, Deathwing, Garrosh, Time travelling Orcs that made no sense and so on using a 1 handed and shield, i dont see why my class fantasy should be inspired from some human paladin that died at the hands of a traitor.

At least give us a choice.

/discuss
    whats there to discuss, wep drops are back in BfA you can use whatever wep combo you like/will be bis

Hell Fire Citadel was released in June 2015. It will be 3 years 4 months. And i doubt we'll have BFA class and itemization changes in 4 months. So yeah, 3 years.
    Wow you got the mythic warforged version of the mace right away, that is amazing. Because if you didn't those numbers for HFC don't really have any place here.

the giant hammer for a a healing paladin looks quite absurd, I agree.

[Posting this here too]
    So this farce has gone on for far too long (if you include the mace from Tyrant Vel'Haari from Mythic HFC, which was bis), Holy Paladins have been forced to use a 2 handed weapon for no other reason (other than the silly excuse that whats-his-name the Lightbringer used one once upon a time), for 3 years almost.
    Can we at least have a choice ? I get it that some people like that style, but honestly at this point the 1 handed and shield Holy Paladin is way more iconic than the singular 2 handed that Uther used.
    My Paladin has defeated, Illidan, The Lich King, Yogg'Saron, Kel'Thuzad, Deathwing, Garrosh, Time travelling Orcs that made no sense and so on using a 1 handed and shield, i dont see why my class fantasy should be inspired from some human paladin that died at the hands of a traitor.

At least give us a choice.

/discuss
    Way more iconic to you maybe, not for people who know what's up.

Yes I just said you don't know what's up.

Why did I say that?
    Simply because you don't know what's up, if you knew what's up I wouldn't have said that.

I call a cat "a cat" because it's a cat.

Holy paladins using a 2h mace is the best thing that ever happened to WoW because it makes sense in every imaginable ways. More than having a shield. Whether you like it or not.

So you're upset that for healers a 2-hander is now competitive with MH/OH and that they've decided to make more maces.

And I do mean maces. I don't think we'll ever see a 2-handed Int sword, but we might get an axe. Axes could at least be used by Shaman and Paladin, but I think they prefer the broader coverage they get for Shaman, Paladin and Druid with maces.

Then again they'll probably just have Int as a grey-stat so it won't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Wow you got the mythic warforged version of the mace right away, that is amazing. Because if you didn't those numbers for HFC don't really have any place here.
    What's your problem exactly ? I clearly stated that i don't have a problem with 2 handed weapons, they can stay for all i care. What i want is choice. What ? Am i not allowed to want that ?
    For the Glory of Mankind

I am also very much in favor of the 1h/shield combo making a comeback.

Please Blizzard, here our pleas.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Way more iconic to you maybe, not for people who know what's up.

Yes I just said you don't know what's up.

Why did I say that?
    Simply because you don't know what's up, if you knew what's up I wouldn't have said that.

I call a cat "a cat" because it's a cat.

Holy paladins using a 2h mace is the best thing that ever happened to WoW because it makes sense in every imaginable ways. More than having a shield. Whether you like it or not.
    I like not knowing what's up then, especially since the 1 handed and shield combination looks superior to a silly and clipping 2 handed mace.
    Also a piece of advice, people that claim to know what's up in such a manner, usually know shit about anything.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    For the Glory of Mankind

I prefer the 2 handed weapon style. 1h/shield isn't "iconic" at all and doesn't fit with the Warcraft paladin theme. No paladins in the WC universe used 1h/shield until WoW released, it was always 2h/libram in the prior WC games. 1h/shield was just Blizz being lazy and copy/pasting the cleric class from other RPGs.

I like not knowing what's up then, especially since the 1 handed and shield combination looks superior to a silly and clipping 2 handed mace.
    Also a piece of advice, people that claim to know what's up in such a manner, usually know shit about anything.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Sorry for not being usual then.

Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    whenever i see an NPC paladin with a 1h+shield, they never strike me as holy; they always seem like they were designed with a prot theme in mind
    whenever i see an NPC paladin with a 2h, they never strike me as holy; they always seem like they were designed with a ret theme in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Why is this an issue? Other casters regularly swap between 2hander and 1H+OH depending on their loot drops and current BiS. Paladins have been excempt only because of your inability to use Staves.

So Give more 2Handed caster maces. Druids, Shamans and Paladins can all use those.
    No one does that in legion. They will do it again in bfa. Not sure what the point of this thread is. This isn't changing in legion and it's already changed in bfa.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Enough of the "enough! threads!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

What's your problem exactly ? I clearly stated that i don't have a problem with 2 handed weapons, they can stay for all i care. What i want is choice. What ? Am i not allowed to want that ?
    There was choice in hfc then. I stuck with the shield even though the combo was slightly worse as I favored having more armor and got a warforge on the shield very early into progression.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Your hyperbolic timeline is the problem, as I stated. Other than that you are complaining about a non issue come BfA and something that cannot be changed for Legion.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I personally feel that my transmog game is much better with 2h weapons strictly because there are very few shields that actually match anything. Granted, there are a ton of awesome 1h weapons as well but again, the shield options are terrible.

Shields all mostly look like crap in this game so I hope we get to keep using a 2 hander.

Deleted
    Hell Fire Citadel was released in June 2015. It will be 3 years in 4 months. And i doubt we'll have BFA class and itemization changes in 4 months. So yeah, 3 years.
    And just how spread were 2-h healer paladins?
    Perhaps 1 in 10; due to it being sub-optimal for most types of content. Noone forced them to use the Tyrant hammer; they just chose to due to aesthetic prefference.