Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Should Blizzard embrace Iron Man mode and other challenges?

Like an optional setting in character creation, limiting what you can do based on the rules of the challenge, maybe giving you a cool transmog set if you make it to level cap, and displaying in all chat when a level like 82 dies so people reading think to themselves, "Wow RiP that's rough", integrated leaderboards and so on?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I rather not see exclusive rewards for doing this. At most a Feat of Strength.

A setting with "official" rules could be nice however.

It's a community thing but why not. I enjoy levelling and adding an optional challenge that would actually give some reward would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No. It's a community challenge for those who want to do it.

Blizzard shouldn't reward people for making their own lives more difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

And it'd still be a challenge for those who want to do it.

Blizzard rewards mounts, titles, armor and whatnot from mythic raiding, isn't that also players making their own lives harder?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

How come?

/10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    And it'd still be a challenge for those who want to do it.

Blizzard rewards mounts, titles, armor and whatnot from mythic raiding, isn't that also players making their own lives harder?
    The Iron Man challenge isn't something they officially support and it isn't the intended way to level.

If people want to do it then fine, but there shouldn't be an incentive for it.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    No. Shit idea and no need to be integrated in-game.
    /spit@Blizzard

There's nothing wrong with making the Iron Man Challenge a feat of strength only. It offers no real reward aside from making the proof easier to present and share.

I think a FOS would be cool.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, takes away from the creativity.

People would soon demand every challenge to be made into a FoS.

Player polled Feats of Strength added in game.

Deleted
    The Iron Man challenge isn't something they officially support and it isn't the intended way to level.

So I'm saying "Should Blizzard oficially support the Iron Man Challenge?" and your response is "No because they don't oficially support the Iron Man Challenge"

At any rate, I was just curious what people thought of the idea, never done the challenge so don't care either way, I just know that Runescape supports it.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like an optional setting in character creation, limiting what you can do based on the rules of the challenge, maybe giving you a cool transmog set if you make it to level cap, and displaying in all chat when a level like 82 dies so people reading think to themselves, "Wow RiP that's rough", integrated leaderboards and so on?
    Based on the quote, no.
    It'd help if you sell the idea on "why Blizzard should" embrace it beyond a blue post and a link to the communities that push ironman challenges.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

How come?

/10chars
    Mount/Title would make it too rewarding for optional ways to level. Even as small as 10 achievement points is debatable if the option of Feat of Strength would work just as well.

Official rules is a reward in itself as well, adding a legit platform/ranking being able to be checked via feat of strength, and also it'd remove any potential cheating, not everything is shown in character stats.

Yes I know Ironman is very much a personal thing for many people, but I mean, if you add official feat of strength, it can become more popular.

Still since this game is being hotfixed/changed a lot, even within span of some days some classes/abilities can change a few %, it's not gonna be a true e-sport type of thing and also it's not a race imo.

Gonna be hard to have a true ironman reward (Mount or Title or Transmog) because the game changes too much, and some classes are certainly easier in some situations.

Of course if Blizz does open the door to this optional modes, I'm sure more demand will come for other challenges like Lord of the Rings which will be fun but again, a Feat of Strength would be the maximum logical reward.

But even so, people will want their niche changes/variations, gonna be impossible to make everyone happy.

That's just how I feel about it.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-23 at 10:44 PM.

They seem to be open to such ideas at the moment. They added hertage armor if you level without boosting, so adding incentive for specific leveling playstyles seem to be on their mind.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

I'm starting to see more games taking on a 'hard mode' version where if the player dies its simply deletes the save. I wouldn't mind seeing it in wow but its not something I'd personally bother with.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Guess we should remove every difficulty above LFR then?

It wouldn't be a problem at all if they added an incentive, like a snazzy mount or title if they decided to. I mean, they won't, but something like Insane in the Membrane was stupidly time consuming and certainly made someone's time more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    You're comparing apples to oranges... Or bananas.

Those two things you compared literally have nothing in common. One's simply rep grind with no restrictions. The other's leveling with whites, no talents, no deaths. They likely made the Insane Title a FoS because it was rep people were getting anyway, and took a long time. There's no restrictions on getting the rep, just do it. Iron man is making your life difficult for no reason other than personal challenge in WoW.
    Blizzard definitely hate something like that. They really hate that Doubleagent guy, they definitely didn't reference him at all in game!

Deleted
    No. I don't know what's it about, nor do I care. All these weird ass leveling "challenges" are what they are by themselves. My first characters back in Classic were leveled with a HUGE amount of RP added to it. I didn't require reward for it, I did it because I liked it and that was the reward by itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, they shouldn't. That is a fan driven thing that has been healthy and fun for people, should be in the fans grasp and not resources put to it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..