Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warcraft 3 launched a first official PTR. Is it a sign of a remake?

Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet...8576598#post-1

So Warcraft 3 launched an official public test realm today.

Is it a sign of a HD remake? It's weird that this pops out just before Gamescom - an annoncement is now even more possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I mean, the server is there for a specific reason... reading the link you posted shows it's purpose.
    Yeah they're improving multiplayer maps on a PTR. They've never done this before so maybe they want to improve gameplay along with the HD remake?

That was my first thought.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Yeah they're improving multiplayer maps on a PTR. They've never done this before so maybe they want to improve gameplay along with the HD remake?

That was my first thought.
    IIRC the SC remaster will let you play with the original edition. This is probably in preparation for the same treatment.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet...8576598#post-1

So Warcraft 3 launched an official public test realm today.

Is it a sign of a HD remake? It's weird that this pops out just before Gamescom - an annoncement is now even more possible.
    It launched a ptr because 1.28 - 1.28.4 was an epic disaster and causeed so many issies and broke the world editor for months to the point tou couldnt save or edit your campaigns or maps

Consensus on thehiveworkshop is dont update unlessyou want everything broken until a few weeks ago

Remaster doesnt even matter warcraft 3 hype is in the many user created campaigns still being produced. 60 campaigns are better than the vanilla

Here is a small list
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Campaign-List
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-08-11 at 05:05 PM.

Downloaded it, now i wont let me get onto battle.net in the game
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    A new patch for a 16 year old game. It was about time. Details here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762006793

edit: got here via search, didn't realise it was in WoW general. @Splenda could you please push it into 'video game discussion'. Cheers.
    Last edited by mmocabce60bc47; 2018-02-22 at 12:00 AM.

Holy crap! 24 player support!!

Can't wait to see the inevitable '24 Blademaster' map :P

My god, that's enough people to run an entire raid. That many players would change the dynamic of so many custom games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Why invite Warcraft 3 players to an event just for a minor update patch? It's gotta be something like an hd remaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is great at repackage and reselling the same content. .

Though WC3 is old enough for a remake. I wish more companies would actually remake the old games and not just redo the art assests, see the Ratchet and Clank remake (or whatever) on the PS4.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I've never used anything beyond the standard World Edit where the map limitations are different, but map size increase from 256x256 to 480x480 seems huge.

It's also worth noting that this is the biggest patch to the game since literally Frozen Throne.

bit of a necro, but it is exciting

- - - Updated - - -

also mods, do you think this could lead to a Blizzard classic games sub forum, for sc and sc2+ and wc1-3, etc etc etc

I played WC3 10+ years ago and this news makes me wanna play it again (which probably makes me Blizzard's tool, but w/e).
    I don't really wanna pay 20 bucks for a 15y/o game, though (SC2 is even F2P...). Do you think there will be some discount coming with this event next week?

Deleted
    If they stick to the Starcraft/Broodwar precedent, the 'old' game should be free, but remastered and multiplayer will come with a price tag.

I cant imagine they went to all this effort, invite these personalities from other countries and put this event together, just to present.... a patch. First patch in ages? Sure. Some cool new changes? Sure. But still just a patch!

It better also feature a remake announcement at the very least. (Id love a wc4 announcement but know thats largely a pipedream).

Seriously. Can't wait for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new 16:9 is a tad hard to get used to watching it at least, the buffs to dreadlord... holy fuck, lvl 4 cheese with permasleep is real, also tranqulity with invulnerability, i sense some possible cheese for 2v2 or 3v3's.

Sad also that probably only blizzard will have the PTR enabled, other servers probably wont, battlenet is a tad laggy.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the announcements and details point to just making it relevant and easier to play, but I'm still secretly hoping this means a remake is coming. WC2-3 is what got me to Blizzard, WoW, and everything after.
    BAD WOLF