Poll: Do you anticipate progress updates at Blizzcon 2018?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you anticipate progress updates at Blizzcon 2018?

Pretty much the title. Do you anticipate progress updates about Classic WoW at Blizzcon 2018, and if so, what magnitude?

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope and believe they will announce the release to be around xmas 2018 (This year) or Q1 of 2019.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

What I hope Yes, a lot of progress updates

What I expect Yes, a moderate amount of progress updates

What realistically will happen Yes, a little amount of progress updates

I think we'll get some updates and the announcement of alpha or beta coming soon after blizzcon.

5+ Year Old Account
    They might plan the release for November 2019, that way it would be part of the 15 year anniversary.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I think we'll get some updates and the announcement of alpha or beta coming soon after blizzcon.
    Alpha or beta of an already developed game?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They really should at the very least be able to tell us WHAT they are doing.
    I think after a year of work with no updates they should do much more than that

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    They might plan the release for November 2019, that way it would be part of the 15 year anniversary.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, I anticipate info - but rather during the Opening ceremony in a couple of sentences, not on an extra panel...
    I agree

15+ Year Old Account
    Alpha and Beta for a game they have already released once? LOL, What would we have to test?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Yes, definitely. The main WoW attraction of this Blizzcon should be Classic.

No i don't, as time goes by i grow convinced by the day that this was just another of their manouvers to shut ppl up and redirect attentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Alpha and Beta for a game they have already released once? LOL, What would we have to test?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    Alpha or beta of an already developed game?
    Do you guys really trust Blizzard enough for them to release Classic without us having tested it first??

Do you guys really trust Blizzard enough for them to release Classic without us having tested it first??
    What would you test if they are making it the same? Why test it at all if there are changes people dont agree with?

Blizzcon will most likely be focused on the 2nd BFA patch and the feature content/systems of that patch as they use it to promote the current game. I guess Big Mike will mention it in the opening statement "lalala..we are even working on bring back the Classic experience and many other projects etc...".

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I expect them to say not much at all besides "we are working on it" which would still be wasting to much time at BlizzCon talking about Classic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Coz if they release Vanilla like it was there is no need to test anything, let them test it internaly and then give it to us when its finished, i cba to test 13 year old stuff ive already repeated a few times.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Coz if they release Vanilla like it was there is no need to test anything, let them test it internaly and then give it to us when its finished, i cba to test 13 year old stuff ive already repeated a few times.
    And you trust them no release it like it was? I don't

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They really should at the very least be able to tell us WHAT they are doing.
    They mentioned it already in a Forbes interview: mostly updating databases from an old out of date version to a current one. Also integration with battle.net.

They are redoing it to work on the new systems and stuff. I would at least expect a short testing period make sure it works properly when thousands of people more than they can ever test internally are turned loose onto it Nothing longer than a month should be needed to make sure everything works as intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    They are redoing it to work on the new systems and stuff
    You dont need players for this to test it, i wouldnt know what else they need players for test just let them do the testing and be done with it.

And you trust them no release it like it was? I don't
    Can it be released any worse then it was? i doubt it.

'It's still happening'

I'd expect it to be more in line with Diablo 3 this year. No panels or anything, but a blue post beforehand saying "there's no classic info at Blizzcon, it's happening but we have nothing to share yet"

This will be followed of course by everyone whining during blizzcon about them not mentioning Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Pretty much the title. Do you anticipate progress updates about Classic WoW at Blizzcon 2018, and if so, what magnitude?
    I don't, since classic can't be released before the deadtime at the end of BfA which will be in 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    I hope and believe they will announce the release to be around xmas 2018 (This year) or Q1 of 2019.
    You're cute.

They will announce the release date for November'2019, celebrating the 15 years of WoW's release (and during a BFA content lull).

It's been kinda obvious since their first reveal last year.