Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way they are treating Grommash is the equivalent of Hitler stopping the war days before it ended and invited all the world leaders to a few pints at the local pub to laugh about it...

Don't mess with time kids :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-02-24 at 06:58 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Doubt it. The AU Draenei are the very same Exodar Draenei.
    Aren't they copies though? Like velen dying in smv but being in azeroth too, or yrel being in dreanor but not on azeroth?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The way they are treating Grommash is the equivalent of Hitler stopping the war days before it ended and invited all the world leaders to a few pints at the local pub to laugh about it...

Or the way they treated him was that he finally realised Garrosh bullshitted him and decided to take his focus on the greater threat. If someone came to you showing 2 groups of people were going to kill and enslave you and your people, with 100% proof of it happening. Also giving you the means to take them out before they have the chance to do so you'd take it and hit them as hard as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    On topic though, I'm moderately butthurt to not see goddamn Jorin around. The fucking Deadeye name needs some representation.
    More importantly, orcs need some younger blood to fill their character roster. We're left only with Saurfang and Thrall, who both had their story already told and would better fit filling supporting roles in future stories.

I mean even if we're getting AU orcs as allied race, it would be awesome if Blizzard brings some characters from Outland just for story purpose. Like you say, Jorin definitely fits the bill. I would also like to see Nazgrel getting some love too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Or the way they treated him was that he finally realised Garrosh bullshitted him and decided to take his focus on the greater threat. If someone came to you showing 2 groups of people were going to kill and enslave you and your people, with 100% proof of it happening. Also giving you the means to take them out before they have the chance to do so you'd take it and hit them as hard as possible.
    I still don't feel Grommash should be completely forgiven he still took part in mass genocide, it's not like Garrosh corrupted him. At least with the MU Grom Hellscream he has Fel Magic to blame for all the crimes he committed which was understandable. Grommash here is completely free of mind and uncorrupted.

And you are right he was lied to by Garrosh which just makes it 100 times worse, it makes him look stupid, now he was an accomplice that took part and not once thought, 'you know maybe this isnt a good idea' oh wait he did but that was only after he had his own people turn their backs on him and take up Gul'Dans offer and Grommash plays his get out of jail free card when he come crawling to the Alliance and Horde for help. I am sorry but thats not how life works even in a fantasy game as silly as Warcraft. That ending was Loony Toons level of silly.

All this could be excused if Blizzard wrote WoD much better than it was but WoD was a mess from a storytelling perspective and that ending is one of the worst expansion endings to date, It was a rushed conclusion that had no momentum going into it that makes Grommash come off like a total idiot. Who knows what the real story was supposed to be.

On a side note: If you ask me the time displaced Draenor needs to be dropped from the lore. Go back to Outland. By the way whats happened to that place, does it still exist? Is Blizzard retconning it out in favour for the displaced draenor? I haven't heard anything about Outland since WoD. It's like Blizzard forgot it existed. And yet it';s the version of Draenor that has the most develped lore, most history and better perspective of storytelling. AU Draenor is like a puzzle with most of the pieces missing.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I mean even if we're getting AU orcs as allied race, it would be awesome if Blizzard brings some characters from Outland just for story purpose. Like you say, Jorin definitely fits the bill. I would also like to see Nazgrel getting some love too.
    Indeed, Nazgrel is another hot name. Seriously, it's becoming almost embarassing to constantly see the same couple of old farts as representatives of the Orc race, with just a bunch of irrelevant and nameless younglings shouting around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Aren't they copies though? Like velen dying in smv but being in azeroth too, or yrel being in dreanor but not on azeroth?
    Yes. Exactly. Still the same race. No differences whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Yes. Exactly. Still the same race. No differences whatsoever.
    oh i was just thinking of in terms of supplements like, you get 5 people from this planet, we get 5 too. but i do see your point, that it would just be the exact same thing nothing new besides some characters that are in one world and not another (maybe even some clones lol)
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Even though Grom and Garrosh are not identical characters (I consider the latter way more vicious and despicable) one thing father and son had in common was the capability to inspire other people to follow them, which is something Thrall always admired of Grom and partially motivated his later nomination of Garrosh for the Warchief position. On the other hand, both have always been too reckless and emotional, a couple of traits highly detrimental to someone's leadership.

Both Garrosh and especially Grom did their best when they led people while being kept somewhat in check. But giving Warchief titles to either of them was never the most mindful of choices.
    I think what’s important to remember is that the Hellscream name is a powerful one among orcs. It’s synonymous with leadership, despite their legacies. I still enjoy Grom, and I hope he’s a big part of BFA. Perhaps this time he will be the Hellscream Orcs need!

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    no no i mean like how grom is dead in our timeline but alive in the WOD draenor. Similarly Yrel is in WOD draenor, alliance might get her and the dranei stationed there in shadowmoon valley
    Oh yeah, I would actually LOVE if Blizz would revisit Draenor and add some missing content and fix up some content. I am a big WoD hater because of the lack of content (well... 2/3 of the open World 'content' I was doing was the Mission table), but I absolutely love the zones themselves, the Story, the art, the lore (except for the fact that we kill off the incredibely dangerous Iron Horde for the most part while lvling) and Yrel and yes: Shadowmoon Valley is my all-time favorite zone in WoW and I'm extra pissed that they didn't make anything meaningful out of Karabor... so yeah, I really hope they revisit Draenor.

tbh if they didn't abandon WoD early on (so that it had content worthy of a proper expansion... and that we got most of the stuff they announced) and if the gameplay was just as in Legion (m+ dungeons, World quests etc), it would be probably my favorite xpac.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-02-25 at 12:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, Nazgrel is another hot name. Seriously, it's becoming almost embarassing to constantly see the same couple of old farts as representatives of the Orc race, with just a bunch of irrelevant and nameless younglings shouting around.
    its a shame how they fuck up the old orcs kids, they ruined Grom and Saurfang legacy with villain bat and Even eitrigg son is now a deformed piece of cunt

why they pull off from their asses an eitrigg's son just for nothing is beyond me

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its a shame how they fuck up the old orcs kids, they ruined Grom and Saurfang legacy with villain bat and Even eitrigg son is now a deformed piece of cunt

why they pull off from their asses an eitrigg's son just for nothing is beyond me
    Ariok has been so wasted that I can't even, within an expansion that proved to be the darkest of black holes in terms of character development moreover.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

yes but in the eyes and minds of some they think this makes a lot of sense and is awesome because reasons
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    They could still use Ariok. His new form even give him unique potential and sets him apart from other named Orc. A troll berserker is even on Rastakhans Council, so he can't be that stupid or something like that. As long as Ariok has still his mind intact, that would be quite awesome i think.

grom hellscream from draenor, the murderer turned saint after gul'dan bitch slapped him in HFC. yep he fits well with horde values. wise choice
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    They could still use Ariok. His new form even give him unique potential and sets him apart from other named Orc. A troll berserker is even on Rastakhans Council, so he can't be that stupid or something like that. As long as Ariok has still his mind intact, that would be quite awesome i think.
    That's assuming Dire Orcs work exactly like Dire Trolls, which is not entirely clear.

Saurfang: i must find new, honorable allies for the Horde, to stem Sylvanas from destroying our integrity
    Also Saurfang: these guys who tried to destroy draenor without even having the fel blood as an excuse sound good, grom looks very responsible and not warmonger-y

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperewok1 View Post
    Saurfang: i must find new, honorable allies for the Horde, to stem Sylvanas from destroying our integrity
    Also Saurfang: these guys who tried to destroy draenor without even having the fel blood as an excuse sound good, grom looks very responsible and not warmonger-y
    The Saurfang-Draenor Orcs link has been nothing but players' conjecture and random fanon because he went to Anduin and shit.

Just remember, he also is not the same Grom either, and even our Grom who died killing Mannoroth changed his ways even with all the evil inside of him. I don't think it is hard to believe once he saw the terrible shit Gul'dan was doing to his people that he realized what a dick he was being to everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Just remember, he also is not the same Grom either, and even our Grom who died killing Mannoroth changed his ways even with all the evil inside of him. I don't think it is hard to believe once he saw the terrible shit Gul'dan was doing to his people that he realized what a dick he was being to everyone.
    Just show him how hard Garrosh lied to him and he'll have little problems to at least acknowledge that he fucked up.