Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Looks like they are trying to bring inquisition back.

Sadly I can't remember how many curse words I can use in a single post on here, much less the official forums, to show just how much I hate that idea even as a talent.

Either way fuck that shit right in the goddamn eye with Charlie Sheen's dick and a razorblade condom.

Personally I was glad to see the back of that when it got removed previously, although it did detract away from the "click the shiny" rotation we had at the time which wasn't exactly compelling. Interesting to see it in there WITH the Judgement debuff though...

Also, it's a talent... that's on the same row as crusade... meh.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, on one hand I don't like it and never liked it. It's a boring upkeep buff that was never popular and only a handful of people endorsed. I wouldn't say 'enjoyed' but there's some people who have endorsed it as better than judgement smash, which is gone.

Thing is, it's looking mandatory with how gutted Crusade is and with the reality of having shitty haste on noob gear at the start of the expansion. Add to that how slow the rotation is on top of it and it's looking like the only useful talent there.

Of course, that's not taking into account the most important thing: it's a good talent. It's a powerful talent. That means Blizzard is going to nerf it. 10% damage and haste? It's going to be reduced in some way or another, my money's on it being just 10% Holy damage rather than all damage and the haste being removed altogether "to bring it in line with gutted Crusade".
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I'll take 10% flat haste and damage. I don't know why people are so bitter over Inquisition; is pressing a button every 45 seconds too much?

Lines up perfectly with wake of ashes too so we don't necessarily have to bank Holy Power for it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wi1kie View Post
    Personally I was glad to see the back of that when it got removed previously, although it did detract away from the "click the shiny" rotation we had at the time which wasn't exactly compelling. Interesting to see it in there WITH the Judgement debuff though...

Also, it's a talent... that's on the same row as crusade... meh.
    Judgment mastery in the current build is gone, it's back to the straight forward WoD mastery of just +holy damage.

I'm really fine with either, though the +holy makes the spec far less reliant on rotational management.

I think they've removed DP and want to move the more proc-based play further down the tree with things like resetting the CD on blade of wrath - which would be fine if BoW was made into an AoE. Otherwise for just all purpose gameplay the hammers win every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm with Shelly, the Judgment window died on this day. And no one weeped. Take your fething Colossus Smash back.

Deleted
    My reaction was a Darth Vader: Noooooooo!

What trolls these devs are. Sure, we will finally remove the equality you so hate... And in its place here is the Inquisition you hate. Aren't we nice? /trollface

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I'll take 10% flat haste and damage. I don't know why people are so bitter over Inquisition; is pressing a button every 45 seconds too much?
    I'm not bitter over it, I just don't like it. It's boring.

There's no choice to it, there's no timing of when to use it, there's no desire to hold onto it if you have an enemy fairly low in health and you're about to move on to another.

They could do a lot to make it interesting, buff the buff it gives but put it at 30s on a 1-minute CD. Make it a passive that only kicks in when the enemy is at 20% health or lower, or make it boost damage and haste versus enemies at 80% health or more. Make it like bloodbath where it adds a holy dot with each attack over a period of time - this could be really interesting given that mastery would then affect it.

Maintenance buffs just aren't very fun gameplay, adding back in inquisition is a step backwards to a time when Ret was absurdly bloated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Can confirm with Shelly, the Judgment window died on this day. And no one weeped. Take your fething Colossus Smash back.
    Actually, I kind of weeped, as I enjoyed it. I like it when it matters which buttons I push, and I can't just roll my face over the keyboard and do 95% of dps of a very good player. But that's just me...

At least they made sure that it still actually does something, other than just damage.
    Last edited by izayoi80; 2018-02-23 at 09:43 AM.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    Actually, I kind of weeped, as I enjoyed it. I like it when it matters which buttons I push, and I can't just roll my face over the keyboard and do 95% of dps of a very good player.

But that's just me...
    It got better once Judgment could be spread, but before that it was a nightmare. Target switching without judgment spreading would be a nightmare.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy?

seeing as BoJ cd is longer and we will require more stat ratings to get percents, I am inclined to assume Inquizishun will be a must for at least 1-2 tiers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    seeing as BoJ cd is longer and we will require more stat ratings to get percents, I am inclined to assume Inquizishun will be a must for at least 1-2 tiers.
    They reversed the increased CD on BoJ.

In quite glad to see inquisition in. I will take it over crusade since that was nerfed in terms of stacks and duration. Have to spend HP every 45 seconds? I'll take that.

building holy powers to consume it ... you can feel the gap in your dps .. i myself i don't mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That 10% haste might make it more fun. Ret Paladins NEED haste in order to have a decent rotation and with Crusade pretty much worthless due to the shorter duration Inquisition is a godsend.

Now if only they'd make Divine Purpose baseline.

Oh nOooo, one more button to press. Can't cope. Gonna cry and quit. Hard game !

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato88 View Post
    They reversed the increased CD on BoJ.

In quite glad to see inquisition in. I will take it over crusade since that was nerfed in terms of stacks and duration. Have to spend HP every 45 seconds? I'll take that.
    oh? Did they? Seems I missed it.
    A welcome reverse nevertheless.

Indeed with Crusade losing its duration, Inquizishun might come on top.

15+ Year Old Account
    They also increased the ppm of BoJ to 3.5 from 3 that was on the previous build.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    oh? Did they? Seems I missed it.
    A welcome reverse nevertheless.

Indeed with Crusade losing its duration, Inquizishun might come on top.
    Yeah dunno why MMO Champ don't show that change but it's on WoWHead.
    Been looking at the talent tree to see what would be good for ST and multi target.

Can't wait for theory crafters to say crusade is still best talent. Even if it was and inq lagged only slightly behind, I would still take Inq as my guild isn't hardcore/mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I'm not bitter over it, I just don't like it. It's boring.

There's no choice to it, there's no timing of when to use it, there's no desire to hold onto it if you have an enemy fairly low in health and you're about to move on to another.

They could do a lot to make it interesting, buff the buff it gives but put it at 30s on a 1-minute CD. Make it a passive that only kicks in when the enemy is at 20% health or lower, or make it boost damage and haste versus enemies at 80% health or more. Make it like bloodbath where it adds a holy dot with each attack over a period of time - this could be really interesting given that mastery would then affect it.

Maintenance buffs just aren't very fun gameplay, adding back in inquisition is a step backwards to a time when Ret was absurdly bloated.
    It's an option, and some people enjoy maintaining buffs, turning it into flat press and forget cooldown wouldn't accomplish anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.