Poll: What is your opinion on Turalyon?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    WoW isn't really the game to go looking for complex and interesting characters.
    QFT - we need this quote as a banner.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Since Turalyon has finally come back, I've seen little else but either complete indifference to him, or just blatant dislike. Clearly blizzard wanted this to be a big moment: the hero coming back with his golden light sword and hero wife to lead the armies of good against evil! But then he came, people saw him, and the general opinion seems to be that he's just bland and lifeless. Nothing fun about him, he's just there. Or as I've seen a few people in the RP community mention: Oh look they took one of the greatest human heroes, tossed him in futuristic space armor and made him use Draenei words while riding on his Elekk.

I've yet to see anyone actually like Turalyon. I've known a few who liked what he used to be in WC2 and the ToD book, but not like this new Legion (and chronicles which retconned a bit) iteration. I've seen no one going "Oh, can't wait to see what he does in BfA". Just a big, vague, "Meh, who cares."

So, do you like Turalyon? If not, why, and do you think there anything they can do to make him more likable as a character?

EDIT: Please don't make this an Alliance vs Horde thing. I'm speaking of Turalyon the character specifically.
    Turalyon is a rather boring character atm. The hight of his character was him attacking Illidan after the destruction of Xe'ra, but since then he has just been a boring quest giver. Normally, that would be something i would expect, since Blizz are quite bad at making good characters in their MMO format.

...... But still, Turalyon has been hyped for so long and from a model standpoint, he looks super cool, but they just do NOTHING with him. So yeah, i dislike Turalyon, he is lifeless, immobile, shows nothing of his strength(appereantly we are stronger then him in a real life situation) and he is being set up as a statue character for the Lightforged Dreanei.

It is so sad, that they have been wasting him so far and will proberly waste him in BFA aswell.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

He came back infected with the space crystal disease thus I instantly put him under quarantine in my mind.
    Anything to do with the arrogant space goats and their crystal masters garners instant dislike from me. (This includes Illidan's new plot, what a waste.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Rhonin and Turalyon should just die for the simple reason of engaging in the boring human male + elven female romance (Rhonin's already dead so I suppose we're already half-way there). Had he not gotten together with Alleria I might have thought differently of him, but as it stands I hate all four of them (Vereesa and Alleria included).
    So you hate Aragorn too? Strange logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    After WC2 I was expecting a grim veteran over the brainwashed zealot he ended up being.
    Exactly my thoughts. On art he does looks rough and grizzled. Pity his in game model don't show it.

I also like his armor from audio drama art more.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    He kinda was in the ToD novel where he struggled with his self doubt and had to build his way up towards greatness.
    It wasn't even that. He always was a successful commander from the get-go in the book. His only 'struggle' is his crisis of faith which stems from orcs existing - then it gets solved and suddenly he's the strongest paladin ever. And the reasoning for its solution doesn't even make sense either. The Light is a universal force not limited to Azeroth; it's quite literally everywhere. By his reasoning he should have fallen into a deep depression in Beyond the Dark Portal when he learned that races on Outland can use the Light too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoikis View Post
    Illidan should have him finished right after this:

The only thing that should have happened "after this" is Illidan's head rolling across the deck of the vindicar. You don't stop a sword with your hand, that's not how it works, Illidan would be dead if not for bad writing.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a a boring goodie goodie or a copy Light wilder #13434, like most Alliance characters unfortunally. For the love of GOD let the Dark Irons be actual assholes that don't just kiss Anduin's and other humans boots all the time PLEASE.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    So you hate Aragorn too? Strange logic.
    Aragorn was written well and had more banking on his character than "I fucked an elf"
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The only thing that should have happened "after this" is Illidan's head rolling across the deck of the vindicar. You don't stop a sword with your hand, that's not how it works, Illidan would be dead if not for bad writing.
    Nope, its nanomachines, son.

I mean that's a fairly common trope in many comics/anime/cartoons etc, when the person being attacked is far beyond the strength of the attacker, which is what I am assuming they where trying to show here.

7+ Year Old Account
    What you expect from Illidan weaboos? Blizzard ON PURPOSE watered down Turalyon in eyes of players for sake of making Illidan looking badass and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    He's been reintroduced as a fodder to make Illidan more likeable...

They could have done so much more with him...
    This!

10 chars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Aragorn was written well and had more banking on his character than "I fucked an elf"
    You missing part - Rhonin and Turalyon should just die for the simple reason of engaging in the boring human male + elven female romance.

Nice try by the way. But its getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I mean that's a fairly common trope in many comics/anime/cartoons etc, when the person being attacked is far beyond the strength of the attacker, which is what I am assuming they where trying to show here.
    Pretty sure they are supposed to be at least equal in strength. The edge might even go to Turalyon, especially since Illidan was weakened.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    You missing part - Rhonin and Turalyon should just die for the simple reason of engaging in the boring human male + elven female romance.

Nice try by the way. But its getting old.
    One of the corner stones of Rhonin, other than having red hair and being super good at everything he did was having an elf wife. Turalyon has been made not much better in the game. "Im a super cool paladin with an elf wife."
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    He's been reintroduced as a fodder to make Illidan more likeable...

They could have done so much more with him...
    This. So much this. And not only Turalyon. Xera was created and made it into villian only for sake of Great Edge Lord Illidan senpai.

Hell they even made Velen look like pansy girl for sake of Illidan.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-02-23 at 06:06 PM.

I don't mind him as a character (except for the whole "durr iv ben aliv fer 1k yers!!"), but I really wish his voice actor would be given better direction. Him speaking all stoic and heroic all the time no matter what gets REALLY old REALLY fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    And it's an absurdly stupid trope. Blade>flesh and bone, period, it doesn't matter how strong you are.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

And it's an absurdly stupid trope. Blade>flesh and bone, period, it doesn't matter how strong you are.
    K, he kills Illidan, congrats, he is still an unlikeable twat.

To be fair it had been established that demonic flesh is incredibly tough and resilient.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg