Poll: Your definitive opinion about Legion

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Question What is your definitive opinion about Legion?

With Legion drawing close to its end, I think it's a good moment to give a final verdict about it. It seems to be an xpac that it's been either loved or hated, with no middle point. So let's see what is the general attitude of MMOC in this poll

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was decent, I enjoyed what I did. Much like Cataclysm, Pandaria, and WoD, it will become more popular with the passage of time. Kind of like George W. Bush is much more popular today than the day he left office.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

One of the best expansions we've had in my personal opinion. Raids were good, content was being churned out and the content in general other than Broken Shore was of decent quality.

An area where I disliked Legion is the insane amounts of RNG around gearing. Titanforging is way too much. Should have just kept it at 6 ilvls so it felt like a small bonus.

Legendaries as well. Nothing fun about getting one especially when it's something boring like Prydaz or Sephuz. Not to mention certain specs being useless without specific legendaries. Preferred the MoP/WoD system personally.

It was not for me, wasn't Horrible or Good. so I picked Bad, it was pretty shitty from an alt perspective. I don't want to take for ever to level a 2 or 3 or 4th character I feel and alway s have once you have done the leveling experience for the first time, then any future characters have the options to boost to max level. But anyway It was so much easier in WOD which was terrible and Mop which was bad were much easier to level through. I especially loved Cata and how fast you could level, and as a whole liked the xpac more as well. The story was good in Legion, Mythic + dungeons were good since I like 5 man content the most. But overall feel of Legion had me unsubbing much faster than normal.

Good, but could've be done better.

+
    Raids
    M+

Indifferent
    Lore
    Leveling
    Class design

-
    PvP
    Legendaries
    TF

Loved, but not perfect. Haters should run blindfolded in traffic.

I loved it, but I tend to love every expansion.
    I wasn't a big fan of the weekly quest gating for the patches, even if I do understand why they did it. That killed the story of the Argus patch for me, actually.

It was a solid expansion. I don't like how we didn't get another talent tier, how Warlocks didn't get more demons / the ability to enslave more, I hate the idea of scaling, and I really don't like the artifact system - I found it lazy.

Aside from all that, it was solid.

Good, didnot choose Excelent becouse of the legendaries and artifact

7+ Year Old Account
    It was bad. AP and rep lootbox shit killed what i like to do in wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is #2 for me behind BC. I think I mostly love BC because of Nostalgia and how new everything was to me back then.

The only thing that sucks is how dead PVP is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many, many, many more things were good compared to bad.

Was it Wrath or Mists? No. But it was easily better than Cataclysm, and leagues ahead of Warlords. I think Legion should be the baseline moving forward but accept that some of my enjoyment of it was due to the severe content starvation between the expansion launch and the Siege of Orgrimmar. On that note, it's now very important that Blizzard don't let it wear out its welcome with another unacceptable content drought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    With Legion drawing close to its end, I think it's a good moment to give a final verdict about it. It seems to be an xpac that it's been either loved or hated, with no middle point. So let's see what is the general attitude of MMOC in this poll
    Raid boss fights somewhat randomly balanced.

Destruction of mythic raiding guilds/dead servers

Hideous legendary and wf system.

Extremely annoying repetitive dialogue/phrases from NPCs

Way too much dumbing down of specs/rotations

Most alt-unfriendly (due to req legendaries) expansion i can remember

I think Legion was good.

My only beef with Legion was the grind that came with it. Whether it was because of the legendary system or the titanforging system. Making huge rng systems like that hardly adds any replayability. It just adds an annoing grind that has to be done to be able to raid at a certain level.

Other than that, i think it was a really good expansion.

overall it was a very good expansion I liked most of the new stuff implemented.
    What i didn't like and why it wasn't excellent in my opinion, were 3 things really.
    1. Titanforging. As a system i like it, i just thought it was a bit extreme how high some items can titanforge, I'd like it to cap at 20-30 ilvls above base. Also I would prefer if there was a way to grind those extra levels so reaching the ceiling is not just pure RNG but rather something that allows you to skip the grind.
    2. Legendaries are a bit too powerful imo. It became a somewhat of a non issue later in the expansion if you were maining 1 or 2 characters but whenever you made more alts you had to potentially be weaker than everybody else who had the top 2 legendaries for a long time if you didn't play several hours. For example on a fire mage if you got lucky to get the bracers/shard of exodar/belt you were a lot more powerful than someone with belovir/sephuz/prydaz.
    3. Some specs are too RNG depandant to the point where it becomes frustrating. Good examples are frost mage (and enha shaman but personally I didn't play it) where at times all you do is spam literally only frostbolt until you get 1 of 2 procs and you could go on only pressing that 1 button for 10+ times in a row without getting a proc.

Good:
    More lore inside the game
    Suramar questline
    Karazhan

Shit:
    Class Design
    Mythic+ = glorified timed trash run
    Raid encounters' design
    Zone design
    Titanforging
    Legiondaries
    Artifacts
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2018-02-20 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part I liked it. Certainly not WoW's best but it was much better than WoD. It definitely had it's problems though like with all the timegating, the amount of grinding, and how reliant on RNG this expansion was.

Also I thought world quests were a great idea and I hope they continue to use it but they really need to find a way to make it less repetitive and feel less grindy. I'd love if they could somehow incorporate the phased daily system like Quel'danas and Firelands with the world quest system. I think that would be perfect. With phased dailies it feels like you're actually accomplishing something and progressing towards something. Right now the world quests will just have you kill the same monsters and bosses over and over again so the quests act as nothing but a way to grind for gold, rep, or gear and nothing else which detaches you from the world a bit.

I think it was a pretty good expansion. Especially considering that we were coming from WoD which lack of content was a nightmare. Like all expansions it had some flaws namely the legendary system and the grinding of AP. I love the idea of mythic plus, campaigns (not including the broken shore, that one was a joke), pet and mount puzzles, and the lore and raids were decent. Overall, it had enough end game content to keep me entertained. I can't affirm I'd have quit if it was a wod v2.0 but it I probably wont be willing to play BFA.

Ranges from good to average. In a short summary: Legion is good for people who have a lot of spare time and play barely any other game or hobby. A lot of content is repeatable and tries to drag out with using different difficulty settings ans switching numbers around. People who rather want to play a game without all the repetitiveness will find this a lot less good, but they can find enjoyment with doing world content like farming transmog, pets and mounts. This is usually what people do during an expansion drought though. Legion has some good features like mythic+, class campaigns, to some extend world quests. But at the same time they also made some terrible choices that brought the game down badly, even something like Titanforged is ruining the raiding scene. The whole artifact grind should've been left out.

As a whole I'd rate it around a 7/10. Its about on par with MoP, better then Cata and WoD, but not as good as TBC and WotLK.

Best expansion since wotlk.