Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Corporate greed, that and there voice actors probably feel there jobs are threatened. Seems like a good add-on. Guessing to the devs don't want players questioning them as to why this isn't in the game already. I mean imagine if the devs actually had to do work instead of delaying things "cough"flying" . Imagine having all npcs read the quests for you instead of you having to . That would add to the immersion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well i am keeping it in my addon folder enjoying those voiced beginner zones, it should not stop working right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Corporate greed, that and there voice actors probably feel there jobs are threatened. Seems like a good add-on. Guessing to the devs don't want players questioning them as to why this isn't in the game already. I mean imagine if the devs actually had to do work instead of delaying things "cough"flying" . Imagine having all npcs read the quests for you instead of you having to . That would add to the immersion.
    i dont think you quite understand how a game is made...
    what does voice acting old quests have to do with "lazy game developers"
    Are you saying the game devs are the voice actors?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Well i am keeping it in my addon folder enjoying those voiced beginner zones, it should not stop working right?
    Since it is no longer on CurseForge... someone should put it up as peer to peer somewhere....

Good old Blizzard... it's things like this that make me seriously doubt that Blizzard won't screw up Classic somehow, someway.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    I suspect this is purely a legal decision and has nothing to do with the personal feelings of the designers at blizzard. I'm not a lawyer so I can't answer for sure but I thought you had to aggressively defend trademarks and infringements on them or courts could basically rule against you in more serious cases.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Since it is no longer on CurseForge... someone should put it up as peer to peer somewhere....

Good old Blizzard... it's things like this that make me seriously doubt that Blizzard won't screw up Classic somehow, someway.
    How about typing one repley without trying to turn a thread in to a classic wow shitstorm?

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I suspect this is purely a legal decision and has nothing to do with the personal feelings of the designers at blizzard. I'm not a lawyer so I can't answer for sure but I thought you had to aggressively defend trademarks and infringements on them or courts could basically rule against you in more serious cases.
    American copy right laws strike again something very similar happened with a Fallout NV remaster mod for FO4 with the voice acting not that long ago though it was slightly different it had to get shutdown for the very same reason.

I checked the reddit. Seems like some form of copyright was infringed.

RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    He also set up a patron account for it basically pulling money each month or so, in other words "charging" people to help pay for it. That is what is frowned upon. Had he done something similar to the OP I doubt there would've been an issue.
    How is that charging? Only people who became patrons could use the addon? That's what I'm understanding from this.

You're put 'help pay' which makes it sound like Bellular used donations.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-03-14 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I checked the reddit. Seems like some form of copyright was infringed.

RIP
    How is that charging? Only people who became patrons could use the addon? That's what I'm understanding from this.

You're put 'help pay' which makes it sound like Bellular used donations.
    and what about dbm patreon it should be shut downed also then but blizz doesnt have balls to do it because there would be big shit storm

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So Mabye I just don’t get it but what’s stopping people from completing stuff like this and just realizing it on like pirate bay or some other torrent site without linking it back to them selfs?

Functionality question: could you have it so that the voice (and the talking portrait thing) continue to play if you accept the quest and walk away? What makes me think of this is how the missions work in Borderlands 2. The NPC will talk to you and describe the mission, but if you walk away when they are talking because you just want to get on with playing instead of standing around watching what is essentially a non-cinematic cut scene, then the audio continues. This makes it feel really dynamic. You have all the fantastic flavour of the spoken audio, you get story/lore without having to read it, and you can still control the pace of the game and avoid a lot of stopping and starting.

(note - in Borderlands2, after you walk away and out of earshot of the NPC who is talking, the audio switches to have a telephone style filter on it and a portrait comes up. As such, in WoW I think the portrait would definitely need to remain on screen to stop it being weird. Maybe a touch of reverb on the voice to make it seem slightly distant.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    and what about dbm patreon it should be shut downed also then but blizz doesnt have balls to do it because there would be big shit storm
    Patreon is fine for any addon creator. The guidelines blizzard put out are the addon itself must be free and all code visible (among other things (See blizzard's post here))

1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
    All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on

You cannot pay to download any addon. Your merely supporting the creator out of your own will. Notice the wording on it. anything that requires the user to pay to gain access to the addon itself is strictly a no-go. This is how Zygor Guides gets around it by making you buy the data that the addon uses (This is a grey area no one really knows how to deal with. Another example is WA/UI Strings that streamers put behind Subscribing to them, If those strings were considered to be under these rules that could no longer happen)

4) Add-ons may not include advertisements.
    Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services.

5) Add-ons may not solicit donations.
    Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game.

This is also why you never see Patreon links within addons themselves or any Ads that would generate the creator money
    Last edited by Rehok; 2018-04-04 at 10:12 AM.