Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Not really when the movement and those involved are seen as one in the same. And yes I’m judging too.
    No it is not, one is a person, the other is a bunch of people whining in the hope that they can ruin someone without having any evidence of wrongdoing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You and everyone know what i mean by executed, dont act dumb. Its a fact that people have lost their jobs on allegations due to MeToo.

Act like your age
    Slim chance of that happening.

Welcome to the world on MMOC where not being 100% perfect is the same as being useless.

The metoo movement is great and long over due. The Hollywood part of it often feels whiny and yes, some women are self serving amoral aholes...who knew?!? This does not mean that the campaign is unnecessary.

On a similar note. Did you all catch that Rachel Morrison was the first woman EVER to be nominated for best cinematography at the Oscars. That took me by surprise..90 years and not one...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You called it a fact, I'm simply correcting you on the definition of a word.
    t.
    It IS a fact??

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    There isn't anything new going on here. In the past, you had small numbers of extremists with stupid takes on things too. The difference between now and then is that now we get exposed to the stupidity via the internet...back then, you only saw that one idiot (or a handful of idiots) in your home town.

When you start seeing a major platform pushing something completely over the top, then you can start talking about anarchy and standing up for what's right.

And that is why many of us are pushing back against the current GOP platform which doesn't seem to have any issue with being closely associated with white supremacists, outspoken misogynists, and pedophiles (e.g. Roy Moore). I could care less that idiots like Alex Jones exists, it's when hundreds of thousands of people think he isn't an idiot and start spouting his nonsense that there is a problem.

Deleted
    Actually, employers pick and choose who loses their jobs.
    These arent employers. These are random people.. ITs a hate movement

Quote Originally Posted by Denning View Post
    Because it encourages people who have been the victim of such crimes, which go heavily under reported to come out and report them.
    And that would be a good thing. But since the mentality of "listen and believe, unquestioningly" that the movement created, way too many people started abusing the movement, and using it not to get justice, but to get ahead, to get fame, money, even plain old revenge. And because of that, it started to do just the opposite. Quite soon, when we will get more and more proof that a lot of these accusations were false, people will get fed up, and stop believing completely. Which will result in ACTUAL victims (not some hollywood whores, who decided to advance their careers by blowing Weinstein) being even more afraid to come forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Not sure why I'm bothering to reply to one of the dumbest SJWs on mmo-c, but hey.

Not sure if you really don't grasp his point, or just pretending, but he's not pissed that people are judging. Judge away, everyone does, to some extent. He's pissed that in the current climate, all it takes to ruin a man's ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE, is "X Amadeus X raped me. #metoo". And that's it. You're done, especially if you're famous. No proof, no trial, nothing, just a witchhunt. Set him on fire, see if he burns.

Look at Gary Oldman for example. He was granted custody of his kids, his wife admitted to making shit up to destroy him, and yet yesterday THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE lost their shit when "KNOWN WIFE ABUSER" won an oscar. Luckily SOME people still bother to read past the headlines, and actually know the truth, but still vast majority of society is so fucking brainwashed by the media, that they will believe ANYTHING at this point. Even when some random, completely unknown person accuses someone of rape that "happened" 30 fucking years ago. Right.

Another great example lately was Azis Ansari. Chicks are so dumb nowadays, that despite the fact that she went home with him, got naked, both performed and received oral, all of the above voluntarily, later on she still decides she's a VICTIM and #metoo. And guy who did nothing "wrong" (altough, admittedly, he did behave like a moron) is still all over the internet in the company of Weinsteins of the world. You honestly want to tell me you see nothing wrong with it?

Rape used to mean forced sexual intercourse. Nowadays, it means whatever the chick thinks it means. Consensual sex, and regret the next day? Rape. Fucking some random dude in the club, afraid the boyfriend will find out? Rape. Getting it on with a below-average dude, afraid of being judged by friends? Rape. Getting drunk, blowing a guy, sobering up and regretting it? Rape. Hell, nowadays even straight up rejecting some chick may be rape in her eyes, since with their inflated egos they handle rejection REALLY badly...
    Yes and there is a difference between a movement and people and social stigmas like calling me an SJW. So now you are every bit the hypocrite as the other guy.

It’s not being thick to say I don’t care about social stigmas and the opinions of idiots. This is about sexual assaults and rampant traditionalism that deserves to be taken down. Oh but I know that’s not cool change is hard well suck it up.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

It IS a fact??
    So, they are being executed?

Hyperbole is not a fact, especially when you have to say "You knew what I meant." If you are saying it's a fact, then people are actually being executed for it.

- - - Updated - - -

These arent employers. These are random people.. ITs a hate movement
    Some random person does not decide whom I hire and fire in my company.

Employers inevitably make that choice. What you are decrying is market pressure and consumer demand.

Deleted
    You called it a fact, I'm simply correcting you on the definition of a word.

People have lost their jobs, including guys like Danny Masterson... who was accused of rape by more than one woman. That's exactly how free speech and the free markets work. If an employer doesn't want to work with someone who has been accused of a crime, that employer should not have to. My company chose to not work on a contract with another company, because two of the people who were going to be on that contract were accused of being white nationalists. I'm glad we made the choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Freedom of speech and the free markets. People are free to judge how they see fit.

As for me, I would want to know if someone in my employ was accused of sexual assault.
    Good to know, i dont agree with what you are saying in this post.

Thank god we have laws tha protects employees.

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    Good to know, i dont agree with what you are saying in this post.

Thank god we have laws tha protects employees.
    And in the United States, there aren't as many. Most states are "right to work" states, meaning they can be fired for just about anything.

Deleted
    Yes and there is a difference between a movement and people and social stigmas like calling me an SJW. So now you are every bit the hypocrite as the other guy.

It’s not being thick to say I don’t care about social stigmas and the opinions of idiots. This is about sexual assaults and rampant traditionalism that deserves to be taken down. Oh but I know that’s not cool change is hard well suck it up.
    How am i a hypocrite? Do you mind using actual arguments this time? I'm telling you the problem here is that innocent people are loosing their jobs - their careeers - their social lives. Like their life is actually getting destroyed. Because a group of haters online are reacting to alleged things and in some cases, like Matt Damon, they are literally reacting to nothing. Like go watch the actual thing. THe only thing he says is that we should destiguish between a pad on the ass and rape.

Deleted
    Then you should blame the show or Danny M if he’s guilty. Not a movement dedicated to helping victims come forward so in 20 years from now we aren’t hearing things like this, like we did with the catholic school boy scandal.
    Well if he is guilty hes to to blame.
    And i am balmig the show, and the metoo. It started out that way yes, but things have a way to change from good to bad rather quickly.

Deleted
    Their lives are. You knwo what i meant by it and you are trying to come out of a bad situation by discussing semantics.

Employers inevitably make that choice. What you are decrying is market pressure and consumer demand.

This has nothing to do with consumer demand. This has to do with mob mentality. If a group of people wanted you to fire someone because that person said we should destinguish between a pat on the butt and rape. Would you do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    No it is not, one is a person, the other is a bunch of people whining in the hope that they can ruin someone without having any evidence of wrongdoing.

- - - Updated - - -
    Slim chance of that happening.
    No it’s not, regardless to completely agree with him and making the same silly point. You and he aren’t anyone’s lawyers. You are complaining about a movement to encourage victims of sexual assault to come forward and saying hold off.

No no holding off and someone gets fired for an allegation that’s a separate issue maybe a social one. But the judgments being made about the accusers is coming from the very ones saying don’t judge the accused. You are your problem.

Deleted

Hyperbole is not a fact, especially when you have to say "You knew what I meant." If you are saying it's a fact, then people are actually being executed for it.

- - - Updated - - -

This got to be a strawman? Bro

In the saying judge jury and execuitoneer, it´s not always in the sense of someone being executed?
    You gotta now that?

Deleted
    No it’s not, regardless to completely agree with him and making the same silly point. You and he aren’t anyone’s lawyers. You are complaining about a movement to encourage victims of sexual assault to come forward and saying hold off.

No no holding off and someone gets fired for an allegation that’s a separate issue maybe a social one. But the judgments being made about the accusers is coming from the very ones saying don’t judge the accused. You are your problem.
    I've repeatedly told you that my problem is people getting punnished for allegded crimes. If you cant stop lying and twisting my words then kindly fuck off

10+ Year Old Account
    How am i a hypocrite? Do you mind using actual arguments this time? I'm telling you the problem here is that innocent people are loosing their jobs - their careeers - their social lives. Like their life is actually getting destroyed. Because a group of haters online are reacting to alleged things and in some cases, like Matt Damon, they are literally reacting to nothing. Like go watch the actual thing. THe only thing he says is that we should destiguish between a pad on the ass and rape.
    Yes you’re telling me a problem your problem not everyone else’s problem. Your problem is with who’s being possibly accused so victims shouldn’t be encouraged to come forward by a movement because you incorrectly make a criminal matter about a social issue.

What company fires someone because of publicity for isn’t a criminal matter. Sexual assault and rape are. Get over it.

Deleted

Coming forward, making accusations and not going to a trials is different.
    I dont get how you cant see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've repeatedly told you that my problem is people getting punnished for allegded crimes. If you cant stop lying and twisting my words then kindly fuck off
    And if you were even sort of serious about that you’d address the problem which is humanity not a specific social movement.

Deleted
    Yes you’re telling me a problem your problem not everyone else’s problem. Your problem is with who’s being possibly accused so victims shouldn’t be encouraged to come forward by a movement because you incorrectly make a criminal matter about a social issue.

What company fires someone because of publicity for isn’t a criminal matter. Sexual assault and rape are. Get over it.
    These "victims"(i'm using quotation marks because these are alledged crimes) should go to court. Not twitter. Social justice is BS. Its not justice.