Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Shadowmourne Transmog on the 23rd of May?

So what do you guys think the likelihood is of Shadowmourne receiving the same transmog treatment that the Warglaives of Azzinoth did last year during one of the Timewalking events?

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it, seeing as the last Timewalking event for ICC re-introduced the Ulduar raid. I'm hoping that during the next WotLK Timewalking event we're going to be re-introduced to Icecrown Citadel, and I can't imagine that Blizzard would miss the opportunity of giving Shadowmourne the "Death Knight exclusive" treatment that the warglaives received in relation to Demon Hunters.

Just in case some members of the new generation of players doesn't remember Shadowmourne, Frostmourne's sister blade.

I'm 99.9% sure ICC is not going to get the timewalking treatment. And if it did, they certainly wouldn't make the legendary moggable like they did the warglaives. Reasoning:

1. They didn't make the hammer from Ulduar moggable. I think the warglaives were a special exception and it's unlikely any other weapons will get that treatment.
    2. We aren't going to another timewalking raid for wrath content, so far the model is 1 raid per expansion. You're probably looking at firelands next if anything, and I wouldn't expect that until either mid summer or possibly even bfa.
    Kthxhugsbye

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    I'm 99.9% sure ICC is not going to get the timewalking treatment. And if it did, they certainly wouldn't make the legendary moggable like they did the warglaives. Reasoning:

1. They didn't make the hammer from Ulduar moggable. I think the warglaives were a special exception and it's unlikely any other weapons will get that treatment.
    2. We aren't going to another timewalking raid for wrath content, so far the model is 1 raid per expansion. You're probably looking at firelands next if anything, and I wouldn't expect that until either mid summer or possibly even bfa.
    I agree with this, though they may go another route to make old legendaries moggable, given that the healer mace didn't get the same treatment as the glaives

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I agree with this, though they may go another route to make old legendaries moggable, given that the healer mace didn't get the same treatment as the glaives
    Would it have even made sense to make Valanyr transmogable? What classes would have been able to take advantage of it? I can’t think of any healing specs that use main and off hand, much less ones that can use maces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Would it have even made sense to make Valanyr transmogable? What classes would have been able to take advantage of it? I can’t think of any healing specs that use main and off hand, much less ones that can use maces.
    Am I reading this correctly? What healer uses a mace + off hand... All of them? Sure currently only shamans artifact is actually a mace + shield, but all healing classes normally can use a 1h+offhand or a 2h option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    The hammer isn't as iconic as Shadowmourne, though. I mean for starters it's only been referred to as "the hammer from Ulduar" and "the healer mace" so far in this thread. As far as legendary weapons go, Shadowmourne really is in the top tier fame-wise.

Also; I feel like if they were only going to go with one raid for the WotLK Timewalking event, they definitely would've picked ICC over Ulduar.

EDIT: After I posted this I realized that Goldielocks had actually posted the name of the mace (Valanyr), though it's still pretty "un-iconic" as far as legendaries go. I'd also like to add an additional argument: Valanyr doesn't seem to have an intrinsic relationship with a specific class, the way both the warglaives (DH) and Frostmourne's sister blade (DK) are so closely tied to their respective classes.
    Last edited by mmoc1119638637; 2018-03-07 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    Am I reading this correctly? What healer uses a mace + off hand... All of them? Sure currently only shamans artifact is actually a mace + shield, but all healing classes normally can use a 1h+offhand or a 2h option.
    Its not just what they can use. It’s about what artifact they wield. It’d be pretty stupid for Blizzard to say “oh yeah you’ll have to wait for your class to drop the artifact in order to transmog it.”

I think that's entirely the point. With Legion, only Shamasal could even equip the appearance.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

If ICC was gonna get the TW treatment then we wouldve heard about it by now though i do believe its prolly somehwhere in the works i doubt it will be this month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    If ICC was gonna get the TW treatment then we wouldve heard about it by now though i do believe its prolly somehwhere in the works i doubt it will be this month.
    Well, May is still two months away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I think that's entirely the point. With Legion, only Shamasal could even equip the appearance.
    The artifact system is ending and we are getting to have weapon drops/choice again, so it's silly to not have that option when DH's got their glaives but no one else who has an old legendary weapon can.

I could see it as a reasonable change... "but Valanyr!" the healing mace that would only get used by shaman? MW, Holy (pally and priest), Disc, resto druid... the non shaman healers all use 2h till BfA. Maybe a prot pally might use the mog when tanking but that's about it. Meanwhile... the Shadowmourne users can all still use 2h mogs now.

not gonna happen
    Warglaves were exeption, cause... well - they ARE warglaves! they meant to be "DH" weapon. While it's just and Axe. Yeah DK themed, but sadly - no clear confirmation who wielded it. The axe without lore to be clear.

The artifact system is ending and we are getting to have weapon drops/choice again, so it's silly to not have that option when DH's got their glaives but no one else who has an old legendary weapon can.
    It's still six months of Legion. Maybe in BFA they'll add more legendary xmogs in.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Jochon View Post
    So what do you guys think the likelihood is of Shadowmourne receiving the same transmog treatment that the Warglaives of Azzinoth did last year during one of the Timewalking events?

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it, seeing as the last Timewalking event for ICC re-introduced the Ulduar raid. I'm hoping that during the next WotLK Timewalking event we're going to be re-introduced to Icecrown Citadel, and I can't imagine that Blizzard would miss the opportunity of giving Shadowmourne the "Death Knight exclusive" treatment that the warglaives received in relation to Demon Hunters.

Just in case some members of the new generation of players doesn't remember Shadowmourne, Frostmourne's sister blade.
    They're not going to give ICC a timewalking event, not for a very long time. They still need to do a timewalking raid for Cata and MoP. So I can say with 99.99% certainty that they aren't going to do ICC timewalking for at least a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Legendaries should be moggable - period. Most of them look so horrendously bad by <current year/> standard, the novelty would wear off quick anyway and people would use more current gear. Especially after Legion.

They should just ditch the restrictions tbh and allow them to be moggable. I don't mind how they do this the timewalking thing was kinda cool but a small quest chain could also be fun. As others have said they did not do it for Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Legendaries should be moggable - period. Most of them look so horrendously bad by <current year/> standard, the novelty would wear off quick anyway and people would use more current gear. Especially after Legion.
    Really depends on the class/spec.

Pretty sure 95% of Frost dks,DH's and Rogues would be using glaives/Thunderfury (Unless they changed Warglaives to actual glaives instead of swords?)

Glaives were only given because its

1) Only one class that can use it
    2) Demon hunters were sorely missing on glaive transmogs.

I doubt we'll ever see a repeat of that.

I guess i missed this Glaive BT thing? Was it only during the Event or was it permanent if you added the Xmog during it (like lasted only on your weapons if you did it durning)