Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Witness Tampering and a Secret Seychelles Meeting

Remember kids, the federal statute on witness tampering mean you only have to attempt tampering, not succeed at it.

Trump Spoke to Witnesses About Matters They Discussed With Special Counsel

The special counsel in the Russia investigation has learned of two conversations in recent months in which President Trump asked key witnesses about matters they discussed with investigators, according to three people familiar with the encounters.

• In one episode, the president told an aide that the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, should issue a statement denying a New York Times article in January. The article said Mr. McGahn told investigators that the president once asked him to fire the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III. Mr. McGahn never released a statement and later had to remind the president that he had indeed asked Mr. McGahn to see that Mr. Mueller was dismissed, the people said.
    • In the other episode, Mr. Trump asked his former chief of staff, Reince Priebus, how his interview had gone with the special counsel’s investigators and whether they had been “nice,” according to two people familiar with the discussion.
    • The episodes demonstrate that even as the special counsel investigation appears to be intensifying, the president has ignored his lawyers’ advice to avoid doing anything publicly or privately that could create the appearance of interfering with it.

Visiting the Seychelles is on my bucket list because they're about 2.3 parsecs from anywhere else, so for the founder of an innocuous outfit like Blackwater to accidentally run into Vladimir Putin’s best friend there is just the sort of unfortunate coincidence that keeps cropping up in this administration.

Erik Prince is Betsy DeVos’s brother.

Mueller gathers evidence that 2017 Seychelles meeting was effort to establish back channel to Kremlin

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III has gathered evidence that a secret meeting in Seychelles just before the inauguration of Donald Trump was an effort to establish a back channel between the incoming administration and the Kremlin — apparently contradicting statements made to lawmakers by one of its participants, according to people familiar with the matter.

In January 2017, Erik Prince, the founder of the private security company Blackwater, met with a Russian official close to Russian President Vladi*mir Putin and later described the meeting to congressional investigators as a chance encounter that was not a planned discussion of U.S.-Russia relations.

• A witness cooperating with Mueller has told investigators the meeting was set up in advance so that a representative of the Trump transition could meet with an emissary from Moscow to discuss future relations between the countries, according to the people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.
    • George Nader, a Lebanese American businessman who helped organize and attended the Seychelles meeting, has testified on the matter before a grand jury gathering evidence about discussions between the Trump transition team and emissaries of the Kremlin, as part of Mueller’s investigation into Russian efforts to interfere with the 2016 election.
    • Nader began cooperating with Mueller after he arrived at Dulles International Airport in mid-January and was stopped, served with a subpoena and questioned by the FBI, these people said. He has met numerous times with investigators.

I mean, that's the entire point right? Most crimes are still crimes even if they are merely attempted, or in the planning stages. It's just more difficult to prove.

Too bad Trumpets are too stupid to get this simple fact. Saying things like "Oh there was collusion(attempted), but it's not illegal" should already be evident enough.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh oh. I’ll be honest I’ve been all wait and see on this not convinced Trump could ever get himself impeached, but I don’t know. This is a very serious charge if true Trump might have finally done what no other’s could.

Trump gets Trump impeached I’ll actually be impressed.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I mean, that's the entire point right? Most crimes are still crimes even if they are merely attempted, or in the planning stages. It's just more difficult to prove.

Too bad Trumpets are too stupid to get this simple fact. Saying things like "Oh there was collusion(attempted), but it's not illegal" should already be evident enough.
    1:35

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is just the stuff that has leaked...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Don't worry. I've been informed that this is indeed a nothing burger. A nice, juicy, meaty, nothing burger.

The law and order president.

Erik Prince is going to be an interesting piece to all of this. The guy has made a lot of money doing very bad things for unscrupulous people. If Manafort is the enabler of despots, Erik Prince is the trigger man for them. He's about as dirty as they come.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Don't worry. I've been informed that this is indeed a nothing burger. A nice, juicy, meaty, nothing burger.
    Once this is all over, I'd like to open a burger joint and sell nothingburgers.

Did I miss something? Has the current PotUS been impeached yet?

Peace

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-03-12 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post

Peace
    Do you ever add anything meaningful to a discussion but coming in to shitpost and use your passive-aggressive catchphrase?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Do you ever add anything meaningful to a discussion but coming in to shitpost and use your passive-aggressive catchphrase?
    No kidding. Mueller is building a case. That takes time. NOBODY expected any results this early. We were saying early 2019 at the very earliest from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    What do you ever mean my friend? People were discussing the PotUS weren’t they?
    I saw someone above me call the supporters a name and being “too stupid”. And another person mentioned being “impeached”. I was merely adding my part to the conversation that was part of subject matter at the time.
    Mind explaining to us what “meaningful” part you added?

Peace

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    No kidding. Mueller is building a case. That takes time. NOBODY expected any results this early. We were saying early 2019 at the very earliest from the beginning.
    People were clamoring for impeachment in 2016 my friend.

Just like people were clamoring for the impeachment of the prior PotUS.

Peace

Peace
    Hillary was never the president though, everyone knows she is still the Shadow President though. We should still impeach her.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Peace
    There you go, doing your standard attempt to distract and deflect. You really should get a new "thing."

Peace
    Trump promised he'd have her locked up, why is trump so soft of proven corruption?

ot: Trump's an idiot, he doesn't understand the concept of witness tampering even after having it explained to him multiple times. The downfall of Trump will be due to his sheer ignorance.

Just like his followers he has zero self awareness.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2018-03-12 at 01:28 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Remember kids, the federal statute on witness tampering mean you only have to attempt tampering, not succeed at it.

Trump Spoke to Witnesses About Matters They Discussed With Special Counsel

The special counsel in the Russia investigation has learned of two conversations in recent months in which President Trump asked key witnesses about matters they discussed with investigators, according to three people familiar with the encounters.

• In one episode, the president told an aide that the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, should issue a statement denying a New York Times article in January. The article said Mr. McGahn told investigators that the president once asked him to fire the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III. Mr. McGahn never released a statement and later had to remind the president that he had indeed asked Mr. McGahn to see that Mr. Mueller was dismissed, the people said.
    • In the other episode, Mr. Trump asked his former chief of staff, Reince Priebus, how his interview had gone with the special counsel’s investigators and whether they had been “nice,” according to two people familiar with the discussion.
    • The episodes demonstrate that even as the special counsel investigation appears to be intensifying, the president has ignored his lawyers’ advice to avoid doing anything publicly or privately that could create the appearance of interfering with it.

Visiting the Seychelles is on my bucket list because they're about 2.3 parsecs from anywhere else, so for the founder of an innocuous outfit like Blackwater to accidentally run into Vladimir Putin’s best friend there is just the sort of unfortunate coincidence that keeps cropping up in this administration.

Erik Prince is Betsy DeVos’s brother.

Mueller gathers evidence that 2017 Seychelles meeting was effort to establish back channel to Kremlin

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III has gathered evidence that a secret meeting in Seychelles just before the inauguration of Donald Trump was an effort to establish a back channel between the incoming administration and the Kremlin — apparently contradicting statements made to lawmakers by one of its participants, according to people familiar with the matter.

In January 2017, Erik Prince, the founder of the private security company Blackwater, met with a Russian official close to Russian President Vladi*mir Putin and later described the meeting to congressional investigators as a chance encounter that was not a planned discussion of U.S.-Russia relations.

• A witness cooperating with Mueller has told investigators the meeting was set up in advance so that a representative of the Trump transition could meet with an emissary from Moscow to discuss future relations between the countries, according to the people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.
    • George Nader, a Lebanese American businessman who helped organize and attended the Seychelles meeting, has testified on the matter before a grand jury gathering evidence about discussions between the Trump transition team and emissaries of the Kremlin, as part of Mueller’s investigation into Russian efforts to interfere with the 2016 election.
    • Nader began cooperating with Mueller after he arrived at Dulles International Airport in mid-January and was stopped, served with a subpoena and questioned by the FBI, these people said. He has met numerous times with investigators.
    Deplorable, idiotic, and ignorant - and yet they still got the votes. I weep for the United States.

However, on a more poignant note, hopefully this will give Mueller an entire new thread to pull for impeachment.

What do you ever mean my friend?
    The day you stop insulting our intelligence with lines like this is the day hell freezes over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post

Plus a crime is still a crime even if you fail to pull off that said crime.

Wasn't the argument with that Russia meeting that Junior indeed tried to get illegally gotten information but that since he failed to get that information that their was nothing illegal about the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He doesn't derail threads, people who respond to him do it for him. Sigh
    Actually it does, and the people who respond to it makes the derailment worse.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future