Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    And that's fine. That's the "headcanon your character's origin" I referred to. I'm doubtful that Blizzard will put anything beyond some generic High Elf NPC's returning to Silvermoon in game to indicate such, if they feel a need to do even that. It's the same as the generic NPC High Elf Wayfarers in Telogrus.

Asking that a long time established Alliance NPC convert to Horde is probably not a request Blizzard will entertain unless they have a compelling story reason to do so. Remember, you're not just asking for Auric to return to Silvermoon as a citizen, you're asking that Auric forsake his allegiance to the Alliance, and declare it for the Horde. That's a significant change to make, especially when you have a squad of Horde killing soldiers working under you (Auric's Angels). Something significant would have to happen in the story to push Auric to make such a decision.
    there is nothing in the lore that connects that group with the person called auric sunchaser, there are other things in the game that also have the name auric.

on the other hand as you say there has to be a reason to add the character and the reason would be to explain how the high elves joined the blood elves. we already saw auric in quelthalas and we saw that he has the title high elf representative we don't need anything else.

Which is just plain silly to ask for. Blizzard is never going to take a capital away from one faction and give it to the other.
    To be fair, it's a minority asking that, but I wonder why Alleria is determined to drag Quel'thalas kicking and screaming into the Alliance if they don't want to?
    Last edited by Mungho; 2020-07-11 at 08:48 PM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    there is nothing in the lore that connects that group with the person called auric sunchaser, there are other things in the game that also have the name auric.

on the other hand as you say there has to be a reason to add the character and the reason would be to explain how the high elves joined the blood elves. we already saw auric in quelthalas and we saw that he has the title high elf representative we don't need anything else.
    By all means show any other NPC's by the name of Auric. And even so, there's no need for an established Alliance High Elf NPC to convert to Horde. Tossing a few generic High Elf NPC's in Silvermoon is enough to establish that some have chosen to return home, just as it's enough to establish that some are becoming Void Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    They said (Ion or Steve, I don't know anymore) that there will be no quest or lore to explain the "new races" that are added in the customizations.
    Anyway the alliance already has representatives wildhammer and high elf.
    Yes you're right! they already said that we will not have quests related to customizations and that they will only add npcs. I would like them to add auric as npc in silvermoon because I can connect the customizations with the lore that I saw in WOTLK

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    To be fair, it's a minority asking that, but I wonder why Alleria is determined to drag Quel'thalas kicking and screaming into the Alliance if they don't want to?
    Alleria and Vereesa are written as seeing their kin on "the wrong path" and the Alliance being "the right path". It's flavor. Nothing will ever come of it in game beyond perhaps a side-switching method if Blizzard deigns to add one. And even in such a case, a Blood Elf that changes faction would lose access to Silvermoon. But first Blizzard would have to establish significant reasons Alliance characters would want to leave the Alliance and join the Horde. Which means they need to stop villain-batting the Horde and start villain-batting the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you're right! they already said that we will not have quests related to customizations and that they will only add npcs. I would like them to add auric as npc in silvermoon because I can connect the customizations with the lore that I saw in WOTLK
    A new High Elf NPC or even just generic High Elf NPC's wandering around Silvermoon could serve just as well for that purpose. You're not asking for them to "add Auric as an NPC", you're asking Blizzard to "change Auric's faction from Alliance to Horde".
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-07-11 at 09:06 PM.

Alleria and Vereesa are written as seeing their kin on "the wrong path" and the Alliance being "the right path". It's flavor. Nothing will ever come of it in game beyond perhaps a side-switching method if Blizzard deigns to add one. And even in such a case, a Blood Elf that changes faction would lose access to Silvermoon. But first Blizzard would have to establish significant reasons Alliance characters would want to leave the Alliance and join the Horde. Which means they need to stop villain-batting the Horde and start villain-batting the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

A new High Elf NPC or even just generic High Elf NPC's wandering around Silvermoon could serve just as well for that purpose. You're not asking for them to "add Auric as an NPC", you're asking Blizzard to "change Auric's faction from Alliance to Horde".
    and that is actually happening the high elves npcs were part of the alliance so if you add them to the blood elves what they are changing faction.

and that is actually happening the high elves npcs were part of the alliance so if you add them to the blood elves what they are changing faction.
    Are all High Elf NPC's Alliance? No. Some are neutral and at least one I believe is friendly to Horde characters. Is changing the faction of a specific named and established Alliance NPC necessary? No. A few generic High Elf NPC's wandering around Silvermoon is more than enough to imply the return of some High Elves, just like it was enough to imply that some are joining the Void Elves.

Asking that a long time established Alliance NPC convert to Horde is probably not a request Blizzard will entertain unless they have a compelling story reason to do so. Remember, you're not just asking for Auric to return to Silvermoon as a citizen, you're asking that Auric forsake his allegiance to the Alliance, and declare it for the Horde. That's a significant change to make, especially when you have a squad of Horde killing soldiers working under you (Auric's Angels). Something significant would have to happen in the story to push Auric to make such a decision.
    I mean... Blizzard did make a long established Alliance faction join the Horde for literally no reason. But let’s keep Auric alone. He’s the high elf representative to Silvermoon. Leave him as that, leave him as Alliance.

He could be the reason why some high elves are allowed to join the Horde but there’s zero reason for him to join.
    Last edited by Edoll; 2020-07-11 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I mean... Blizzard did make a long established Alliance join the Horde for literally no reason. But let’s keep Auric alone. He’s the high elf representative to Silvermoon. Leave him as that, leave him as Alliance.

He could be the reason why some high elves are allowed to join the Horde but there’s zero reason for him to join.
    I'm curious as to which NPC you're referring to. Not one of the Night Elves Sylvanas raised I assume? Not doubting you, simply genuine curiosity as my memory is failing me at the moment.

Are all High Elf NPC's Alliance? No. Some are neutral and at least one I believe is friendly to Horde characters. Is changing the faction of a specific named and established Alliance NPC necessary? No. A few generic High Elf NPC's wandering around Silvermoon is more than enough to imply the return of some High Elves, just like it was enough to imply that some are joining the Void Elves.
    I don't see why someone gets so upset that an NPC changes faction when literally the horde constantly lost racial leaders over and over again. I'm not saying to give me an important racial leader just a character who was already established working in quelthalas and who has the title of high elf representative

I don't see why someone gets so upset that an NPC changes faction when literally the horde constantly lost racial leaders over and over again. I'm not saying to give me an important racial leader just a character who was already established working in quelthalas and who has the title of high elf representative
    Who's upset? I'm merely pointing out that it's not necessary.

Blood elves may have their old high elf appearance (blue eyes) because the Sunwell is purified, I think it makes more sense.
    The high elves of the alliance will surely be in the personalization of the void elves.

He says that the children of silvermoon must be united. he have the title of high elf representative would be a good example of how the high elves joined the horde as we saw them in WOTLK
    How does joining the Horde stays true to his desire to reunite the children of Silvermoon? He's literally there as a representative for those outside the Quel'thalas government, he's literally being neutral to the whole situation.

Of course some of those pilgrims could have rejoined the Horde, but Auric's whole point there is to represent the interest of High Elves outside of the government. He should remain neutral.

Who's upset? I'm merely pointing out that it's not necessary.
    well then I guess it doesn't bother you that Auric becomes an npc in silvermoon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Blood elves may have their old high elf appearance (blue eyes) because the Sunwell is purified, I think it makes more sense.
    The high elves of the alliance will surely be in the personalization of the void elves.
    the developers specifically said that they are the high elves that we saw in the game and that they were not playable

well then I guess it doesn't bother you that Auric becomes an npc in silvermoon
    It wouldn't bother me if Blizzard changed his faction in the slightest. I just don't see it happening. More than likely the only effort Blizzard will spare, if any, is tossing a few generics around Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    How does joining the Horde stays true to his desire to reunite the children of Silvermoon? He's literally there as a representative for those outside the Quel'thalas government, he's literally being neutral to the whole situation.

Of course some of those pilgrims could have rejoined the Horde, but Auric's whole point there is to represent the interest of High Elves outside of the government. He should remain neutral.
    or he could represent the high elves who are already part of quetlhalas society.

10+ Year Old Account
    You already have 6 blood elf leaders (Lor'Themar, Rommath, Halduron, Liadrin, Aethas and High Examiner Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher).

And it's likely Kael'Thas will return to you so just no.

The Alliance elves have few leaders which to count on. Leave them alone
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

It wouldn't bother me if Blizzard changed his faction in the slightest. I just don't see it happening. More than likely the only effort Blizzard will spare, if any, is tossing a few generics around Silvermoon.
    then we agree! you don't think blizz adds him but you don't object to it.

or he could represent the high elves who are already part of quetlhalas society.
    If anything, he'd probably become more of a neutral NPC rather than being solidly Alliance or Horde, and act as a facilitator in repatriating those High Elves who wish it, to Silvermoon, and expatriating any Blood Elves who wish to leave the Horde, to the Alliance, such as those Silvermoon Scholars we see in Telogrus.

- - - Updated - - -

then we agree! you don't think blizz adds him but you don't object to it.
    I have no particular objection, but that doesn't mean I think its necessary or worthwhile to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    You already have 6 blood elf leaders (Lor'Themar, Rommath, Halduron, Liadrin, Aethas and High Examiner Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher).

And it's likely Kael'Thas will return to you so just no.

The Alliance elves have few leaders which to count on. Leave them alone
    Kael'thalas will surely transcend a vampire as Uther became a winged blue human.