7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I have a feeling we'll see additional hair colors for void elves at some point. Perhaps not at pre-patch but certainly at some point in Shadowlands.
    Yup. Giving the eye colors and skin colors that Void Elves got now was Blizzard being preemptive on avoiding the shitshow if they came out with only showing Blood Elves getting Blue Eyes (it would've sent the message that High Elf fans weren't listened to even if internally it was decided Void Elves would get those options when it came time for AR customization).

Proper Allied Race customization hasn't began yet, and like now we're unlikely to see much more further for Allied Races until after Shadowlands have launched proper and the non-Allied Races have gotten their customization options locked in for launch.

By then it'll also be nice because Blizzard will have a lot more data on fans of Allied Races of what customizations they'd want to see on them. Should make it easier for them to make their requests

Just like it was the majority (High Elf fans and Void Elf fans alike) asking for 'Alleria-like skintones'/'human skintones' that gave Void Elves the extra options today to look like High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Im confused man I though we were fighting for actual high elves for years. Everyone was upset with velfs and their ass pull story. Now we're happy just cuz of the semblence of being a helf through fair skin and blue eyes. Hmmmm seems very contradictory to what ive read here.

Cuz right now, no matter how you spin it, we're playing with velvs and if aesthetics is the thing that determines what a helf is then helves are now horde since they have blond hair and aren't forced to turn purple.
    Kek, "we". I recall your posts being the opposite of, "fighting for actual high elves".

Btw @Kyriani is correct. Blizzard have deemed the new options Void Elves have gotten as High Elf customization options (it was said in an interview). There is no spinning to be done. Just like the new dwarf options allow a player to play as a Wildhammer Dwarf. So if you're still confused by it I suppose you should take it up with Blizzard support and report back to us how they answer your tickets.

After all I remember posters in the past sharing Blizzard ticket responses to the High Elf discussion, so I'm sure you'll be fine doing it. Share with us what you find!

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yup. Giving the eye colors and skin colors that Void Elves got now was Blizzard being preemptive on avoiding the shitshow if they came out with only showing Blood Elves getting Blue Eyes (it would've sent the message that High Elf fans weren't listened to even if internally it was decided Void Elves would get those options when it came time for AR customization).

Proper Allied Race customization hasn't began yet, and like now we're unlikely to see much more further for Allied Races until after Shadowlands have launched proper and the non-Allied Races have gotten their customization options locked in for launch.

By then it'll also be nice because Blizzard will have a lot more data on fans of Allied Races of what customizations they'd want to see on them. Should make it easier for them to make their requests

Just like it was the majority (High Elf fans and Void Elf fans alike) asking for 'Alleria-like skintones'/'human skintones' that gave Void Elves the extra options today to look like High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Kek, "we". I recall your posts being the opposite of, "fighting for actual high elves".

Btw @Kyriani is correct. Blizzard have deemed the new options Void Elves have gotten as High Elf customization options (it was said in an interview). There is no spinning to be done. Just like the new dwarf options allow a player to play as a Wildhammer Dwarf. So if you're still confused by it I suppose you should take it up with Blizzard support and report back to us how they answer your tickets.

After all I remember posters in the past sharing Blizzard ticket responses to the High Elf discussion, so I'm sure you'll be fine doing it. Share with us what you find!

High Elf options and wildhammer options dont mean you're playing that race. It's just flavor to resemble the actual race. For wildhammer tats, think of it as bronzebeard dwarves who are wildhammer weebs. Otherwise that ideology would make the idea of allied races redundant.

It's like a paladin wearing DK or warrior tier armor. You can pretend you're a DK/war all you want but you're still a pally.

So these options are more of a bandaid fix and did not give us what we wanted. Accepting it as that is just double thinking. "Oh yeah forget the emotes, heritage armor, starting zone. No I'm playing a wildhammer dwarf".

As for my previous posts, I just found the light a while ago and feel cheated that my fellow helfers seem to have forgotten what they stood for and accepted void elves after years of hate just because now they have blue eyes and fair skin. The asspull lore doesn't matter anymore, it's all about the aesthetics. In that case what the hell was the point of the thread when the horde already had we was asked for minus blue eyes. I doubt blue eyes are enough to spark this entire war.
    Last edited by Varx; 2020-08-13 at 02:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    High Elf options and wildhammer options dont mean you're playing that race. It's just flavor to resemble the actual race. For wildhammer tats, think of it as bronzebeard dwarves who are wildhammer weebs. Otherwise that ideology would make the idea of allied races redundant.
    Just like Void Storage is now redundant because we have a Collections tab. This is how Blizzard works, if they find a better way to innovate on something they do it. They don't mind that they previously introduced in hindsight a lesser form of innovation. That's how iteration works.

As for your non-bolded part, Blizzard disagrees so take it up with their support as suggested (didn't you say you were going to?) and please get back to us with your info.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Not having blonde hair on my velf is like wanting a vanilla icecream, but with small specks of poo on the tip wich I have to eat around

Would LOVE a dark void skin combined with a dirty blonde
    Stracciatella Elves!

I think the new hair colors/haircuts will come in another patch this expansion. I can wait since I really like my human mage with the new witcher haircut. But I will roll VE once the changes are finalized and I am fancy of them. Haven't race changed since I started.

Just like Void Storage is now redundant because we have a Collections tab. This is how Blizzard works, if they find a better way to innovate on something they do it. They don't mind that they previously introduced in hindsight a lesser form of innovation. That's how iteration works.

As for your non-bolded part, Blizzard disagrees so take it up with their support as suggested (didn't you say you were going to?) and please get back to us with your info.

Void storage isn't on the same level of redundancy since you can still utilize it if you're a god level hoarder.

How exactly do they disagree. Not once have they said that void elves that are fair skinned and blue eyes are actually high elves. Not once have they said that dwaves with tattoos are wildhammers. They're are just options to help players customize their characters in a lore appropriate manner. It doesn't change what race they're actually playing. Who's to say a bronzebeard dwarf didn't grow up admiring wildhammer culture and decides to get tattoos. But a bronzebeard admiring dark iron culture, what are they going to do, drop hot sauce in their eye balls and light their hair on fire?

You can't sit their and tell me, "yeah no im playing an alliance high elf", have your velf racial proc, and then tell me you're still playing a helf.

Again, thats like a warrior in paladin tier believing they're a paladin while charging and MS'ing their target's face. Like that's some next level double think.
    Last edited by Varx; 2020-08-13 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    I'd prefer if void elves and blood elves had at least some level of distinction between them. Keep void elf hair as dark (to reflect the void) and keep blood elf hair as is.

Give blood elves farstrider and magister tattoos, runic markings, feather options (for farstrider fantasy) and give them dark ranger options (to counter the second visual that void elves have).

Give void elves jewelry options (not the same as blood elves, they can have their own unique options), a few more "emo/goth" hair styles, some more tentacle hair styles, void tattoos (similar to LFD but obviously with void colors), and give them ear options like blood elves.
    Problem with that distinction is that blood elves were already given dark hair.

7+ Year Old Account
    Void storage isn't on the same level of redundancy since you can still utilize it if you're a god level hoarder.

How exactly do they disagree. Not once have they said that void elves that are fair skinned and blue eyes are actually high elves. Not once have they said that dwaves with tattoos are wildhammers. They're are just options to help players customize their characters in a lore appropriate manner. It doesn't change what race they're actually playing. Who's to say a bronzebeard dwarf didn't grow up admiring wildhammer culture and decides to get tattoos. But a bronzebeard admiring dark iron culture, what are they going to do, drop hot sauce in their eye balls and light their hair on fire?

You can't sit their and tell me, "yeah no im playing an alliance high elf", have your velf racial proc, and then tell me you're still playing a helf.

Again, thats like a warrior in paladin tier believing they're a paladin while charging and MS'ing their target's face. Like that's some next level double think.
    1) Ion literally said you can now play a Wildhammer Dwarf when he unveiled the customization options at Blizzcon last year. This has been followed up by Steve Danuser acknowledging that even though they can't put in story explanations for every single additional race customization (Wildhammer used as an example) due to limited resources, it doesn't mean your Wildhammer Dwarf isn't a Wildhammer Dwarf.

2) Ely Cannon, Blizzard Art Director, literally answers the question of why Void Elves and Blood Elves were given 'blue eyes' by citing that a race -> High Elves, hadn't been represented on player characters.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316803/...view-with-art-

According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands, but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn't really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.
    There ya go dude, supported at 3 different occasions by, at least, 3 different top Blizzard employees on what these new character customizations represent and mean for the players. High Elves included.

You should be overjoyed since you've been claiming you 'saw the light' about getting High Elves.

I'll say it once again, take it up with Blizzard if you're finding something confusing as your statements are getting into the territory of what only Blizzard could answer for you.

This is what they've said about what they've given us, you can either accept it or bombard Blizzard with questions about it, up to you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Stracciatella Elves!

I think the new hair colors/haircuts will come in another patch this expansion. I can wait since I really like my human mage with the new witcher haircut. But I will roll VE once the changes are finalized and I am fancy of them. Haven't race changed since I started.
    It's pretty fitting too because that Witcher hairstyle is named "Wizard" in the selector lol. But yeah the new human customizations have definitely given me more appreciation for my Paladin for the time being, he's going to have that same hairstyle too!

1) Ion literally said you can now play a Wildhammer Dwarf when he unveiled the customization options at Blizzcon last year. This has been followed up by Steve Danuser acknowledging that even though they can't put in story explanations for every single additional race customization (Wildhammer used as an example) due to limited resources, it doesn't mean your Wildhammer Dwarf isn't a Wildhammer Dwarf.

2) Ely Cannon, Blizzard Art Director, literally answers the question of why Void Elves and Blood Elves were given 'blue eyes' by citing that a race -> High Elves, hadn't been represented on player characters.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316803/...view-with-art-

There ya go dude, supported at 3 different occasions by, at least, 3 different top Blizzard employees on what these new character customizations represent and mean for the players. High Elves included.

You should be overjoyed since you've been claiming you 'saw the light' about getting High Elves.

I'll say it once again, take it up with Blizzard if you're finding something confusing as your statements are getting into the territory of what only Blizzard could answer for you.

This is what they've said about what they've given us, you can either accept it or bombard Blizzard with questions about it, up to you!

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty fitting too because that Witcher hairstyle is named "Wizard" in the selector lol. But yeah the new human customizations have definitely given me more appreciation for my Paladin for the time being, he's going to have that same hairstyle too!
    Yeah they're giving players the ability to double think easier if you ask me. I'm sorry but if character emotes as a race, and has heritage armor of a race, then they're that race. Like I said, nothing is stopping a bronzbeard to tatt up his body cuz he has a wildhammer fetish.

The moment Dwarf characters with tattoos start emoting like a wildhammer then we'll talk. Or having a wildhammer specific hertitage quest line just because you have tattoos. Same with "(h)velves".
    Last edited by Varx; 2020-08-13 at 05:47 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for the pre-patch to resub so i can just start leveling my new Helves, it'll be alot of fun to do Quel'danil as a Helf. The only thing i find disappointing with paladins is how some of the sets they have matches Helves, Mythic Antorus, mmmyeah. If they don't have them, they don't have them, it's fine. Besides, they can still be priests, so WC3 style Priests still work.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandale View Post
    I'm waiting for the pre-patch to resub so i can just start leveling my new Helves, it'll be alot of fun to do Quel'danil as a Helf. The only thing i find disappointing with paladins is how some of the sets they have matches Helves, Mythic Antorus, mmmyeah. If they don't have them, they don't have them, it's fine. Besides, they can still be priests, so WC3 style Priests still work.

Me too man. I hope they come up on the PTR soon, the suspense is killing me. I'm sure that's what the missing spot for the AR column is for (who knows what horde will get but who cares, am i right???). I'm sure they'll be able to be Paladins too since unlike VOID elves, they're not hyped up on grape juice, even those deceitful fair skinned ones. So have that wallet ready for your resub soon!
    Last edited by Varx; 2020-08-13 at 07:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they're giving players the ability to double think easier if you ask me. I'm sorry but if character emotes as a race, and has heritage armor of a race, then they're that race. Like I said, nothing is stopping a bronzbeard to tatt up his body cuz he has a wildhammer fetish.

The moment Dwarf characters with tattoos start emoting like a wildhammer then we'll talk. Or having a wildhammer specific hertitage quest line just because you have tattoos. Same with "(h)velves".
    Lol we don't need to talk. You've made it quite obvious (since a few posts back) you have no real issue and aren't planning to actually follow-up with any Blizzard officials on what they've said and instead continue your passive aggressive posting.

Blizzard support can help your "issue", not random posters on MMO-C.

I'm loving all the salt I've seen from High Elf haters, my food needed a bit more seasoning.

Don't forget to use your flying unicorn !

I can finally be like Alleria. <3
    I just need some new blonde hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post

Holy coolness, Batman! I want that mount but I'm sure it's hard as hell to grind so I'll settle for my Quel'dorei steed.

Lol we don't need to talk. You've made it quite obvious (since a few posts back) you have no real issue and aren't planning to actually follow-up with any Blizzard officials on what they've said and instead continue your passive aggressive posting.

Blizzard support can help your "issue", not random posters on MMO-C.

I'm loving all the salt I've seen from High Elf haters, my food needed a bit more seasoning.

Hey now fellow hELfeR, I ain't salty or being passive aggressive. I just don't want our movement to lose sight of what we want! We want to play High Elves! A void elf with light skin and blue eyes is still a void elf! This is just Blizzard's way to shut us up with sugar covered shit. We want our warcraft 2 pure helves! That's what we've been preaching against evil doers like that obe guy *shudders*. I mean I dont feel very pure if my high elf suddenly has grape juice coming out of his skin for a few seconds every minute. Also those tentacle coming out of my scalp seem fishy too.

Fair skin velf using velf racial abilities = helf ???????????????

Warrior in paladin imitation xmog = actual paladin???????????

That's essentially what you're telling me. Again don't lose sight of what we fought for!
    Last edited by Varx; 2020-08-13 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Holy coolness, Batman! I want that mount but I'm sure it's hard as hell to grind so I'll settle for my Quel'dorei steed.
    There are plenty of guides and add-ons to help you get this mount.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of guides and add-ons to help you get this mount.
    Sameee, was just about to say this. Also awesome character! Love the blue hair contrasted against that skin tone.

I'm happy for you Alleria fans. I hope us Vereesa Fans will have our day soon too!
    Last edited by Varx; 2020-08-13 at 07:39 PM.

I'm happy for you Alleria fans. I hope us Vereesa Fans will have our day soon too!
    Temper tantrums aren't a good look you know.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Temper tantrums aren't a good look you know.
    What tantrum? I've been nothing but calm. I'm just want hELfErs to not lose sight of what was fought for. It baffles me how fair skin and blue eyes have satisfied the masses when it was clear that the only thing that would satisfy us is a legit AR. Now we have people claiming they are playing a helf when actually a velf. I'm very concerned for their mental well being. Double thinking is not a healthy thing to do.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im confused man I though we were fighting for actual high elves for years. Everyone was upset with velfs and their ass pull story. Now we're happy just cuz of the semblence of being a helf through fair skin and blue eyes. Hmmmm seems very contradictory to what ive read here.

Cuz right now, no matter how you spin it, we're playing with velvs and if aesthetics is the thing that determines what a helf is then helves are now horde since they have blond hair and aren't forced to turn purple.
    Then you have missed most of the drama that went on here for ages.

The only option to settle the hate was to give both factions, blue eyes.

High elves are dead as an AR option, but now you can rp as one, but not actually be one! get it?

The discussion has been dead the moment the costumization options were shown. The only people left here are just latecomers, huge fans who still want the tag or just people who used to be a high elf fan, but went over to the void elves because they knew it was over. :wink Or just fanart and wishfull thinking.

But realy.. it's over.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-08-13 at 08:28 PM.