7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    [IMG]Forest Troll Boi[/IMG]

This is the reason why they gave us sand trolls and not forest trolls which is what people always asked for! because it is not simply a new skin color!

to make complete race as some want you need all kinds of things like racials!

to believe they are going to do things like dark ranger that is not even a race like a separate full race is asking a lot
    1) I understood your point, but you didn't understand mine. I'll try it again: "separate full race" is indeed asking a lot, which is why they went in the direction of Allied Races in BFA and then furthermore went in the direction of expanded character customization options in Shadowlands.

2) We are far more likely to see expanded character customization options and expanded racial selections than 'separate full race'.

3) I highly doubt we will ever see a 'separate full race' in the form of Pandaren/Worgen/Goblin/Draenei/Blood Elves ever again. Data has shown time and again to Blizzard that these highly resource intensive endeavors give very little gain from a consumer satisfaction point.

Most
    players don't give a shit about the starting racial areas (I do not mean like Silvermoon/Exodar but like the immediate starting area and its quests), heck many try and skip or glitch skip or ask Blizzard if they could add skips in for areas like Pandaren/Worgen/Goblin because most players don't care about the starting questlines.

Most just want to play, in their own eye, an awesome looking race with some fun flavor.

Blizzard has realized this, likely for a long while. Hence why the Allied Race beginnings are simply a starting hub, and hence why in Shadowlands every non-Allied Race (or non DH/DK too I think) get to start at Exile's Reach if you're a first time new player (with the option to choose between that or originals once you're not a first timer). Do you know why Blizzard is putting that requirement in for first time new players? Because they understand those Pandaren/Worgen/Goblin areas are 'shit experiences' for first timers as many veteran players don't like them.

Blizzard get the importance of race visuals over fanciful resource intensive zones. So more likely than not in the future we're more likely to see new Allied Races like your forest bois or expanded character customization updates.

4) They've said time and again that character customization is never ending (even before Ion, Chris Robinson as Senior Art Director has said the same in the past). So again, like I used to tell Obelisk Kai over and over: just because something is not in the game now, does not mean it won't ever be in the game at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    it IS with RTX on!
    I really hope the 3xxx series are good, because I want to make the jump to RTX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    1) I understood your point, but you didn't understand mine. I'll try it again: "separate full race" is indeed asking a lot, which is why they went in the direction of Allied Races in BFA and then furthermore went in the direction of expanded character customization options in Shadowlands.

2) We are far more likely to see expanded character customization options and expanded racial selections than 'separate full race'.

3) I highly doubt we will ever see a 'separate full race' in the form of Pandaren/Worgen/Goblin/Draenei/Blood Elves ever again. Data has shown time and again to Blizzard that these highly resource intensive endeavors give very little gain from a consumer satisfaction point.

Most
    players don't give a shit about the starting racial areas (I do not mean like Silvermoon/Exodar but like the immediate starting area and its quests), heck many try and skip or glitch skip or ask Blizzard if they could add skips in for areas like Pandaren/Worgen/Goblin because most players don't care about the starting questlines.

Most just want to play, in their own eye, an awesome looking race with some fun flavor.

Blizzard has realized this, likely for a long while. Hence why the Allied Race beginnings are simply a starting hub, and hence why in Shadowlands every non-Allied Race (or non DH/DK too I think) get to start at Exile's Reach if you're a first time new player (with the option to choose between that or originals once you're not a first timer). Do you know why Blizzard is putting that requirement in for first time new players? Because they understand those Pandaren/Worgen/Goblin areas are 'shit experiences' for first timers as many veteran players don't like them.

Blizzard get the importance of race visuals over fanciful resource intensive zones. So more likely than not in the future we're more likely to see new Allied Races like your forest bois or expanded character customization updates.

4) They've said time and again that character customization is never ending (even before Ion, Chris Robinson as Senior Art Director has said the same in the past). So again, like I used to tell Obelisk Kai over and over: just because something is not in the game now, does not mean it won't ever be in the game at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope the 3xxx series are good, because I want to make the jump to RTX!!!
    I said from the beginning that I thought they were going to add more customizations! because blizz is lazy! it is much easier to add hairstyles or eye colors to existing models than to make a full race, and that is what I am saying expecting blizz to do full races with unique racials and unique classes is not realistic.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I'll be honest with you, that looks like the art that a diehard High elf fanboy would make. The description bothers me greatly, since it only considers the high elves scholars, while completely disregarding the fact that fair-skin elves can just be void elves like Alleria.
    You were once like that, so what tbe hell are you talking about varadoc pfft.

I'll be honest with you, that looks like the art that a diehard High elf fanboy would make. The description bothers me greatly, since it only considers the high elves scholars, while completely disregarding the fact that fair-skin elves can just be void elves like Alleria.
    You are missing the point of the idea entirely.

Void Elf template: All skin tones, because Void Elves can look from Alleria to Umbric

High Elf template: Only regular skin tones, and you get the "High Elf" or idk even "Elf" tooltip.

The point of the template is to offer sets of customizations that represent specific groups within the whole

For example, Forest Trolls; from within all the troll customizations, the Forest Troll template would have only the greener skin tones, red/purple/orange hair. The whole idea is to pinpoint an specific origin.

IDK if someone is saying these template should have some "exclusive" options; personally I don't. It works better as subgroups of the main force, and in this case "High Elves" are a subgroup of Void Elves as a neophyte group of void wielders from an alliance origin. You gain the specificity, but limit your options. You can still be a Void Elf that looks like Alleria all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it definitely don't look like that, because she is doing wrong... isn't just a detail, first you are playing a void elf, not a high elf, a high elf is not a void elf subrace but the other way around, second, "High elf" would be in the same spot of "dwarf" or "gnome", with the different subrace varieties, blood elf not being one of the since they are not different subraces

so yes it looks like just someone doing things so they don't see the word "void" but "high" when they play, so i would not judge him, we all know how this goes
    I mean the author literally frames these "high elves" as neophyte void users so it's actually presented correctly; not as ALL high elves being a part of the Void Elves, but as an SPECIFIC group of High Elves joining the Void Elves.

Like of course part of the appeal is to get closer to the high elf fantasy alliance side, and this option is the simplest, and it also offers so much to customization as a whole by giving more player choice across the board.

Like I am sorry, but it comes across as if you are knocking down a pretty good idea just because you don't like alliance High Elves, cause even without them, this idea is great for pretty much every race with "subraces"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I mean the author literally frames these "high elves" as neophyte void users so it's actually presented correctly; not as ALL high elves being a part of the Void Elves, but as an SPECIFIC group of High Elves joining the Void Elves.

Like of course part of the appeal is to get closer to the high elf fantasy alliance side, and this option is the simplest, and it also offers so much to customization as a whole by giving more player choice across the board.
    so again, this is just to people don't see "void" in their name, which is pretty petty to me

high elf cannot be a "neophyte to void users", this is not what they are, void elves are void elves. using trolls and dwarves are false equivalence

Like I am sorry, but it comes across as if you are knocking down a pretty good idea just because you don't like alliance High Elves, cause even without them, this idea is great for pretty much every race with "subraces"
    i don't mind the idea in general, but i don't think its necessary, would just cause more confusion and would not englobe the races how they should be, like, nightborne not in the alliance, and they would be a night elf subrace/variation, so its a no for me, regardless of the HE shenanigans

You are missing the point of the idea entirely.

Void Elf template: All skin tones, because Void Elves can look from Alleria to Umbric

High Elf template: Only regular skin tones, and you get the "High Elf" or idk even "Elf" tooltip.

The point of the template is to offer sets of customizations that represent specific groups within the whole

For example, Forest Trolls; from within all the troll customizations, the Forest Troll template would have only the greener skin tones, red/purple/orange hair. The whole idea is to pinpoint an specific origin.

IDK if someone is saying these template should have some "exclusive" options; personally I don't. It works better as subgroups of the main force, and in this case "High Elves" are a subgroup of Void Elves as a neophyte group of void wielders from an alliance origin. You gain the specificity, but limit your options. You can still be a Void Elf that looks like Alleria all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

It is still counter-intuitive. If you are going to have a separate subcategory for "high elves" (assuming they are high elves), why not one for the void elves, with only the purple/dark options? Furthermore, the icon for "Thalassian" should not be a void elf, because it is misleading, it should instead just be both a purple and a pink elf.

I appreciate the intention, but that "QoL" change makes the character creator more confusing. It is perfect as it is right now. All skin tones are in one menu, and are divided between the dark ones and the fair ones. Credit where its due, Blizzard did a really good job.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-08-22 at 09:39 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    so again, this is just to people don't see "void" in their name, which is pretty petty to me
    Honestly what comes across as petty is you being against it because of it

high elf cannot be a "neophyte to void users", this is not what they are, void elves are void elves. using trolls and dwarves are false equivalence
    Why? You are literally just saying "no" when OP gives a clear framing of this "High Elf" option as newcomers to void usage, in a way they don't see themselves as void elves. It's literally just an issue of framing and all you have to say is not because of a pointless anti high elf crusade? Now that's downright petty.

i don't mind the idea in general, but i don't think its necessary, would just cause more confusion and would not englobe the races how they should be, like, nightborne not in the alliance, and they would be a night elf subrace/variation, so its a no for me, regardless of the HE shenanigans
    "It's not necessary" gotta be the most asinine response to these sort of issues. Was a garrison jukebox where you collect music rolls necessary? Hell no, but it's fun. Like I literally do not get why you are against the idea of wanting more immersion in an MMORPG because it's "unnecessary"

Also since this is through an alliance/horde dichotomy, nightborne wouldn't get grouped, obviously. The whole point is to offer more immersion by creating subgroups within already established categories, rearranging how races work is a whole other thing. Like you can see on OP's post how Nightborne get a Nightfallen subgroup.

- - - Updated - - -

It is still counter-intuitive. If you are going to have a separate subcategory for "high elves" (assuming they are high elves), why not one for the void elves, with only the purple/dark options? Furthermore, the icon for "Thalassian" should not be a void elf, because it is misleading, it should instead just be both a purple and a pink elf.
    I mean that's literally just a mock up, you can see how it says thalassian on BE's as well and it's just the generic name OP gave for the default option.

Cause again, the Thalassian/Void Elf/default is the supergroup, high elf the subgroup. That's just how the idea is being presented.

Again, overall, the system only offers subcategories to get basically a tooltip that better reflects the character's background.

I appreciate the intention, but that "QoL" change makes the character creator more confusing. It is perfect as it is right now. All skin tones are in one menu, and are divided between the dark ones and the fair ones. Credit where its due, Blizzard did a really good job.
    "is perfect as it is now" hard disagree, and it's just not a matter of high elves. It's good so far, but I would certainly prefer a system that offered more immersion, like the ability to get the Wildhammer Dwarf tooltip. Cause that's the thing, the point is that this system offers simply subcategories of what's already there.

Personally, I also like the possibility of baking AR and customization as part of the same system -with AR being the only subgroup that would retain exclusive options plus their racials-

To be honest, I am not sure if OP supports the idea of exclusive options for every sub group, but what I am saying, is that a categorization system that offered subgroups of the available options, with the default retaining all options, would be an improvement for immersion.

Danuser already said the personal lore that you want to play with your character with the new customizations is canon! if a void elf says he is a high elf of the SC he is. If I say that my blood elf is a high elf who came from outland it is too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Danuser already said the personal lore that you want to play with your character with the new customizations is canon! if a void elf says he is a high elf of the SC he is. If I say that my blood elf is a high elf who came from outland it is too.
    of course he would say that.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account

Why? You are literally just saying "no" when OP gives a clear framing of this "High Elf" option as newcomers to void usage, in a way they don't see themselves as void elves. It's literally just an issue of framing and all you have to say is not because of a pointless anti high elf crusade? Now that's downright petty.

"It's not necessary" gotta be the most asinine response to these sort of issues. Was a garrison jukebox where you collect music rolls necessary? Hell no, but it's fun. Like I literally do not get why you are against the idea of wanting more immersion in an MMORPG because it's "unnecessary"

Also since this is through an alliance/horde dichotomy, nightborne wouldn't get grouped, obviously. The whole point is to offer more immersion by creating subgroups within already established categories, rearranging how races work is a whole other thing. Like you can see on OP's post how Nightborne get a Nightfallen subgroup.
    It's really just because of pettiness as you pointed out. Dude has been on a crusade of no High Elves for over 2 years now. Now we got em lol, and the only thing about left to 'clean up' would be the naming in broadcast text (a small bump, but one that exists). It's not even that it would benefit the other races greatly too, it's more about keeping the validation of High Elves as minimized as possible, despite suffering a huge loss already from confirmation that some High Elf customizations were received and more potentially happening in the future by the Art Director of Blizzard.

What's funny is despite the continued petty crusade against opening up the customization with this sort of nomenclature presented, the same Art Director of Blizzard already let it be said that they have an opportunity in the future to introduce short storyline quests akin to the Heritage ones where it serves to explain the different options we're about to get in Shadowlands.

So dude is fighting a battle that's already lost. History repeats itself I guess?

7+ Year Old Account
    so, you are not even denying that is indeed the truth, you just try to throw the word back at me. ok

Why?
    lol, because it is logically impossible, void elves are a subrace of high elves, not the other way around and high elves cannot be a "neothype of void elves", this is just playing with semantics to again, people not see the word "void"
    You are literally just saying "no" when OP gives a clear framing of this "High Elf" option as newcomers to void usage, in a way they don't see themselves as void elves.
    yes, and thats fanfic,and no to me
    It's literally just an issue of framing and all you have to say is not because of a pointless anti high elf crusade? Now that's downright petty.
    it is a issue for people not see the word void in their character and that is straight up petty, next phase is changing racials like lot of people have being suggesting

"It's not necessary" gotta be the most asinine response to these sort of issues.
    hey man, that is my opinion, you think it is necessary create a whole new concept, to just to not have the word void in your name, thats up to you, i don't think the concept of this is necessary, would only add more confusion to the character creation that is fine to me the way it is.

Im totally fine in picking a troll in the current character creation and changing his color and his subrace, i don't see necessity of having ICE, for me to know im a ice troll, at all.
    Also since this is through an alliance/horde dichotomy
    thats why it don't work the way it is showed and would only cause more confusion over the character creation because one, the elves are separated between factions and two is not based fully around the reality of the races, while the Troll and dwarf part are partially right(still debated with the wildhammer/bronzebeard thing and it is missing zandalari), the elves parts is not right, people haveto stop thinking they are the same case.

If they better polish this and scrap entirely the elf section, then maybe we could talk, but again, to me, not necessary

- - - Updated - - -

It's really just because of pettiness as you pointed out. Dude has been on a crusade of no High Elves for over 2 years now.
    still think petty is beting the dead horse you guys are in, and going around forums isn't rly a crusade compared to organized discord servers and conspiration theory.
    Now we got em lol, and the only thing about left to 'clean up' would be the naming in broadcast text (a small bump, but one that exists)
    "we got then" lmao

Want to change the name and soon the racials, and think we are on a crusade, you do you man
    It's not even that it would benefit the other races greatly too, it's more about keeping the validation of High Elves as minimized as possible, despite suffering a huge loss already from confirmation that some High Elf customizations were received and more potentially happening in the future by the Art Director of Blizzard.
    again, petty, you think this is some sort of fight to win and lose, and you are going on the crusade to change the name, even before saying only the skin color was enough.
    So dude is fighting a battle that's already lost. History repeats itself I guess?
    don't see anything lost, you guys have void elves still. and i remember you and others also saying horde don't have high elves, they are alliance only and all, horde still "got then" anyway, so, even if we use your "war" setting is a draw.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-08-23 at 11:48 AM.

So what do the little helfs want now? They haven't completely ripped off belfs yet? Or they still have to evict them from their city?

7+ Year Old Account
    The salt from people that didn't want Alliance getting High Elves just keeps coming, it's hilarious!

Better part is the new customizations given means that Blizzard has given their consent in allowing High Elf customization, with the Art Director saying more likely to come in the future, thus it means people that want more High Elf customization are free to ask for more of it.

Best part about it is they don't have to give any asinine arguments against further High Elf customization attention, because Blizzard has already given their approval and green light on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    So what do the little helfs want now? They haven't completely ripped off belfs yet? Or they still have to evict them from their city?
    they want paladins.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The salt from people that didn't want Alliance getting High Elves just keeps coming, it's hilarious!

Better part is the new customizations given means that Blizzard has given their consent in allowing High Elf customization, with the Art Director saying more likely to come in the future, thus it means people that want more High Elf customization are free to ask for more of it.

Best part about it is they don't have to give any asinine arguments against further High Elf customization attention, because Blizzard has already given their approval and green light on the subject.
    No, the best part is how they think we want that ugly, decrepit 2006 left-over called Silvermoon.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    No, the best part is how they think we want that ugly, decrepit 2006 left-over called Silvermoon.
    Oh yeah, that as well!

the art director said that the race high elves are added to blood elves and void elves, meaning that this customization will also be for blood elves and blood elves that use that customization are also high elves. there are people in the alliance who say that the only high elves are those of the alliance and that is not true

Oh don't worry you'll want that. Cause that's what you people do. You ask for anything that belongs to the belfs. After you get your hair or whatever you'll start bitching about how the Alliance should control the whole continent cause yeah, and you'll pretend the statement I quoted never happened cause that's what you do. I called it long ago, that they'll turn velfs into blue belfs, swearing every time they'll not ask for a damned thing, until they get what they want then move on to ask for the next thing and you are lying to my face that you won't ask for Silvermoon? Man get the hell out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Oh don't worry you'll want that. Cause that's what you people do. You ask for anything that belongs to the belfs. After you get your hair or whatever you'll start bitching about how the Alliance should control the whole continent cause yeah, and you'll pretend the statement I quoted never happened cause that's what you do. I called it long ago, that they'll turn velfs into blue belfs, swearing every time they'll not ask for a damned thing, until they get what they want then move on to ask for the next thing and you are lying to my face that you won't ask for Silvermoon? Man get the hell out of here.
    Actually, No, I don't want that. I know what I want more than you know, thank you very much.

I also called that void elves would get this customization option. I called it since 2017. And it was obvious Blizzard would give us this option, since the void elf leader retains her fair form. It really didn't take a genius to figure out why this would happen eventually

Actually, No, I don't want that. I know what I want more than you know, thank you very much.

I also called that void elves would get this customization option. I called it since 2017. And it was obvious Blizzard would give us this option, since the void elf leader retains her fair form. It really didn't take a genius to figure out why this would happen eventually
    Yeah didn't take a genious to estimate that you'd want the belfs cloned. You are right. Just like it does not take a genius to know you'll want to steal everything from them including their city cause at the end of the day, you are still not playing helfs, but void elves and belfs strutting around their golden city is a painful reminder of that fact. So please, spare me the pointless pretense. We all know where this is going, why deny it?